Bushtucker Trials - a disappointment

All the trials I've seen so far this year seem to comprise people being covered in critters etc. Where have all the more adventurous ones gone? I am sure I remember ones involving driving motorcycles across chasms or people being suspended and trying to retrieve various items and retrieving items from lakes (and many more variants).

It's all become very samey and tame and even the whole 'jungle' atmosphere seems very synthetic and artificial. Certainly time to draw a line under this series now.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I don't agree it's time to draw a line under the series, it's one of ITV's most popular shows and I think this season is one of the best. However, you are quite right about the over use of "Jungle Critters".
  • CarmanCarman Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they're being a bit more careful this year, I seem to remember someone getting injured last year jumping out of a helicopter I think it was, into a lake.
  • Pat13Pat13 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole series has been disappointing so far and it probably is time to call it a day. The only entertaining parts are the ones with Ant and Dec.
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit disappointed by this series too. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    This is the first time I've seen it and I love it. Reading this thread just dissapoints me that I've not seen it previously.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show does seem strange this year. In previous years it has shown alot more footage of the contestants sitting round the camp fire and chatting into the nght.

I reckon the all go to a hotel and just come out for a few hours to film:confused:
  • maybemaybe Posts: 4,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been really bored by all the critter tasks.

In previous years there's been much more variety. Hell, even the critters have been more varied in the past - I even recall kangaroos & ostriches being used.

I wonder if the lack of physical tasks has been caused by the torrential rain? Perhaps it was impossible to set up some of the tasks in the middle of a monsoon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Weren't all the more adventurous ones stopped because of the weather they had for the first few days?
    But I'm not enjoying it nearly as much this year, all getting a bit-same-old
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Ant and Dec seem quite fed up with it now. They were enjoying this series at first - like me and it's all gone very sour and downhill now.
  • squillionsquillion Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised we don't get reports from the papers of the trials that other countries have done - they must roll out the same ones. What country was just before us?

Yes i think the weather was a factor - we do get the ostriches tonight though.

Now what about a real trial like climbing on a crocodiles back and taping it's mouth shut?
  • LurkalotLurkalot Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think no live feed has spoiled it and it has run it`s course, the tasks are very poor IMO most of which involve getting covered in bugs, they should get back to basics stick them in the middle of a scottish island or somewhere and let them fend for themselves, there are plenty of z listers who would do it, I cant stand it when they start whingeing about missing their family or they are cold and wet, ffs you are being paid tens of thousands of pounds for a few days of kipping outside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    i just want the show to be over so i can go to sleep..im tired these days and these confusing times arent helping like one day 8.30 next 10.30... why cant it always be 9pm..forget football ITV thats why most of us pay 1000 pound for the sports channels..it really is a kick in the teeth when i see football on a free channel :( :P ....

im going to leave now as i realised this has nothing to do with the topic

lol
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trials have become boring and lack variety. The whole show is looking jaded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    All the trials I've seen so far this year seem to comprise people being covered in critters etc. Where have all the more adventurous ones gone? I am sure I remember ones involving driving motorcycles across chasms or people being suspended and trying to retrieve various items and retrieving items from lakes (and many more variants).

It's all become very samey and tame and even the whole 'jungle' atmosphere seems very synthetic and artificial. Certainly time to draw a line under this series now.

That's how I like it. The critters one's etc are good fun.

I found the motorcycle on wire and jumping out of plane's quite boring tbh?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh....on itv2 they're showing one with suspended minis that they've to jump between.....looks good.
  • CythnaCythna Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only are the tasks boring but they're easy. They're winning so many stars that some people are not bothering with dinner-when has that ever happened before? That huge leg of boar could have fed them for two nights- remember Anthony Worrel Thomson trying to lead a breakout because they only had one sausage each, and they were all starving? I haven't heard them mention food this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to the ostriches tonight? Were they drugged or just not hungry during the trial tonight? Why werent we shown all of the trial?? was it really as boring as it appeared?? 8 minutes squashed into about a min and a half?
  • squillionsquillion Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    little_kb wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the ostriches tonight? Were they drugged or just not hungry during the trial tonight? Why werent we shown all of the trial?? was it really as boring as it appeared?? 8 minutes squashed into about a min and a half?

Hmm and you notice both celebs had long sleeves on as opposed to Johnny Rotten having the stuff pasted onto his bare shoulders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing until I saw tonight's challenge on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Now!

It involves several minicars suspended over a large murky pond. The camper has to jump from car to car, go in each by the sunroof and retrieve a star. Looks exciting and quite difficult.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so boring this year, theres not even anyone who fancies anyone. Apart from Brian fancying simon:sleep: