Tennis Commentators: Who Gets On Your Last Nerve??

123457»

Comments

• Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::D Steady!!:eek: Besides I have the 1976 Wimbledon Final for that!!:o;):D

I knew you were smutty enough to pick up on my comment ;):D. She did look hot though what i saw of her in Wimbledon, for her age :o:o.
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,601
    Forum Member
    Revenga wrote: »
    Last night while watching Murray via the red button I discovered that you could turn off the commentators :eek:

It felt so good :D

ETA: until my sky suddenly rejected the red button feed and moved me over to BBC1. Unfortunately, I didn't have the option there :(

This was available for some of the time on cable as well. I think it must take up an extra "stream" as later on Bruce Springsteen and Mitchell & Webb were on and so the "extra" commentary-free stream was removed.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard a Garry Richardson interview on the Today program that went something like this:

GR: So, can you tell me how much the deal is worth?
    Interviewee: I can't disclose that information
    GR: You can't disclose that information?
    Interviewee: No
    GR: By that then, you can't tell me how much it's worth?
    Interviewee: That is correct
    GR Can you say roughly how much it is worth?
    Interviewee: No
    GR: So you're saying you're not able to disclose the amount?
    Interviewee: That is correct
    GR: Will this leave a hole in your finances?
    Interviewee: No not really
    GR: How much?
    Interviewee: I'm not prepared to say

and so we go on and on and on
  • Greebo.Greebo. Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure what his name is but the scottish commentator who often does the outside courts comes across as very bland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just sat down to enjoy Federer's match but BB is commentating. His delivery is soooooooooooooooo boring and monotone.

Give me John McE anyday.

Tracey Austin and Virginia Wade are the worst female commentators.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Pat Cash.

He always makes some chauvinistic comment about the "women's game" - like they're not even worthy of walking on court.

Best commentator - John McEnroe - wish we could have him all the time!
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,209
    Forum Member
    Pat Cash.

He always makes some chauvinistic comment about the "women's game" - like they're not even worthy of walking on court.

Best commentator - John McEnroe - wish we could have him all the time!

Did anyone see Wimbledon on Monday night- I mean the film. How about trying to get Chrissie- she and Johnny Mac would be good on commenstry together
  • TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rusedski is awful and argumentative. Kermit wants his voice back too.
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    The commentary was particularly bad on the Murray semi final. Castle the worst offender, in practically every single murray match he reminds us of his background over and over, his mother coaching him moving to Barcelona when he was 14 and how it must have been a hard decision WE KNOW! :mad:

Also talking about his personal life, his gf, his parents separating, FFS if I wanted to know about that stuff I would read the Sun or whatever! He brings the tabloid GMTV shite into his commentary, talk about the tennis please. Although he apparently knows absolutely nothing about the game, with his technical analysis of the game extending to 'good shot' :rolleyes: then going on and on about the 'occassion' ... its a grand slam semi final I think we know its quite a big occassion. What a patronising moron! :mad:

Rant over. :)
  • VillaVilla Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The commentary was particularly bad on the Murray semi final. Castle the worst offender, in practically every single murray match he reminds us of his background over and over, his mother coaching him moving to Barcelona when he was 14 and how it must have been a hard decision WE KNOW! :mad:

Also talking about his personal life, his gf, his parents separating, FFS if I wanted to know about that stuff I would read the Sun or whatever! He brings the tabloid GMTV shite into his commentary, talk about the tennis please. Although he apparently knows absolutely nothing about the game, with his technical analysis of the game extending to 'good shot' :rolleyes: then going on and on about the 'occassion' ... its a grand slam semi final I think we know its quite a big occassion. What a patronising moron! :mad:

Rant over. :)
    He was kind enough to remind the viewers of the rules of a tie break as well which was quite funny :D
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    mutleygold wrote: »
    The only ones I like are Peter Fleming, Tracey Austin, Greg Rudeski & my all time favourite is Jimmy Connors.
    The others are ************
    The bias towards Murray, who people should be reminded of, he hates the English. The commentators just want to have Murray's babies, they were just the same with Henman.
    Let us always put Murray on Centre Court & the final match of the day; fact, not every one wants to watch him, many people do not work 9-5 & it would help if he played against a player who vaguely knows how to hold a raquet IMO, & please don't say he is so great that he makes it looks so easy. The other players are being moved round the courts, the commentators also appear to criticise players who they deem to be a threat to their precious Andy.
    Yes it's true I cannot bear Murray & apparently I'm not entitled to my opinion.
    Fact; Andy Murray is not a World Class Hero that the Beeb commentators appear to think he is!!

:yawn::sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought the tv commentary for the MS final today was terrible... banal, inane at times, and implicitly biased in favour of Federer.
  • Weeping DreamsWeeping Dreams Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful bunch of spanners today. I almost yearn for the days when Dan Maskell used to say nothing other than "Oh I say" every 15 minutes.