Curling - Stockholm Masters (W)

howard hhoward h Posts: 23,367
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This coming weekend.
CCT Stockholm Ladies Curling Cup
Live on the CCT youtube Channel
Follow games here https://www.youtube.com/user/curlingchampionstour/featured check bellow for Streaming Schedule
Knock an hour off for BST these are CET
Fri, Sept 26, 09.00 | AllTele (Sigfridsson) vs Tirinzoni
Fri, Sept 26, 13.30 | Homan vs Ahlmarks (Östlund) a must for Cissy/Sara fans (and who isn't? :p)
Fri, Sept 26, 18.00 | Gray vs Barbezat
Sat, Sept 27, 09.00 | Golldreson (Hasselborg) vs Muirhead
Sat, Sept 27, 13.30 | Jones vs Panthera (Wranå)
Sat, Sept 27, 18.00 | Quarterfinal
Sun, Sept 28, 09.00 | Semifinal
Sun, Sept 28, 13.30 | Final

Comments

• taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,950
    Forum Member
    I caught the news that Eve had added Sarah Reid to her rink; that's the gorgeous dial turned up a notch :)

Good to see them start the season well and getting to a final last weekend too.
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    I caught the news that Eve had added Sarah Reid to her rink; that's the gorgeous dial turned up a notch :)

Good to see them start the season well and getting to a final last weekend too.

Yes, about three months ago there was an announcement (but not seen the new rink in action yet). However, that means the disappearance of the lovely Claire who always kept the same expression, come gold medal/nuclear war!

Must admit, I thought Gray had a shoe-in for the position, but Reid is no stranger to Muirhead's rink. If not Gray I would have thought they would have tried to shoe-horn Fleming in, but maybe she wouldn't have fancied first or second.

Stockholm is one of my fave events on the calendar, and judging by the entrants it's very strong this year. Just wish it was in Scotland!!
    Forum Member
    howard h wrote: »
    Yes, about three months ago there was an announcement (but not seen the new rink in action yet). However, that means the disappearance of the lovely Claire who always kept the same expression, come gold medal/nuclear war!

Must admit, I thought Gray had a shoe-in for the position, but Reid is no stranger to Muirhead's rink. If not Gray I would have thought they would have tried to shoe-horn Fleming in, but maybe she wouldn't have fancied first or second.

Stockholm is one of my fave events on the calendar, and judging by the entrants it's very strong this year. Just wish it was in Scotland!!

Yeah, after getting into the Sochi team I thought Lauren would've been straight in. Maybe she's too busy with studies or something to commit full-time this year?

Be interesting to see who they pick as an alternate if they go a big tournament? You might still see some more of Claire yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    Yeah, after getting into the Sochi team I thought Lauren would've been straight in. Maybe she's too busy with studies or something to commit full-time this year?

Be interesting to see who they pick as an alternate if they go a big tournament? You might still see some more of Claire yet.

Dunno if you noticed but Gray's one of the rinks televised this weekend, her very own rink!!

I know there's a lot of fuss about who get's UK Olympic funding, and TBH I don't know much about it, as long as the strongest team representing GB at the big O I don't care.

But if you look at Fleming, Muirhead, Gray and one or two others, it's difficult to see who will be most likely in 4 years time. I *get* that teams/rinks are best together, they can develop together, work together etc etc.....but with so much talent someone will miss out. Maybe we should, one year from the Olympics, simply choose the 4 best curlers and MAKE them into a team..especially if they are funded (looks at Murdoch/Brewster)? Also, if England continue to progress (could make 1st division this season) there might be an Englishman/women coming through.

Meanwhile...where's Linn? On her facebook page she's proudly showing her baby. Not mine, unfortunately. >:(
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Strange to see a curling thread in September - its still warm and sunny.

Still nice to see it back - the Europeans are not far away either.

On the mens side Tom Brewster has now left his former Olympic team mates (who he of course nurtured from nowt) to form his own new rink. Two of his new team happen to be Eve Muirhead's brothers Glen and Thomas - a small world!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/other-sports/tom-brewster-puts-olympic-hopes-on-ice-as-new-campaign-warms-up.25188269

If Brewsters' new team starts doing well/wins the Scottish championship etc do you think Murdoch will try and muscle in once again? Controversial!:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Strange to see a curling thread in September - its still warm and sunny.

Still nice to see it back - the Europeans are not far away either.

On the mens side Tom Brewster has now left his former Olympic team mates (who he of course nurtured from nowt) to form his own new rink. Two of his new team happen to be Eve Muirhead's brothers Glen and Thomas - a small world!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/other-sports/tom-brewster-puts-olympic-hopes-on-ice-as-new-campaign-warms-up.25188269

If Brewsters' new team starts doing well/wins the Scottish championship etc do you think Murdoch will try and muscle in once again? Controversial!:D:D

Doubt it a second time! THey've not got off to the best of starts though this season. Lot of work to do!
    Forum Member
    I shouldn't ever complain about having some curling to watch, but it was hard work watching the Homan game last night because the camera work and direction was all over the place.

Anyway, the girls are back. GO Evie :)
    Forum Member
    Fantastic last end....almost :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I've been avoiding the thread as I've been watching on catch-up.
    1. The camerawork was awful on the Homan/Ahlmarks game - spent too much time on the faces of the women (with Cissy and Sara playing that's not necessarily a bad thing), the picture was all over the place and made it unwatchable. However for later games they must have got more experienced *students* in as there has been a massive improvement, from 1/10 to 5/10.
    AS an experiment to get someone to broadcast curling on the cheap...hmmm, not sure.
    2. Loved the Gray game last night, and her rink are in the top one for gorgeousness. Gald she won in front of the camera, and liked her last call "just leave me anything in the four-foot".
    3. Disappointing for Muirhead, even allowing for this to be a strong tournament. First stones has GOT to be able to wick - it's a basic these days. Don't think Hamilton would have missed.
    Look who's in the semi's...Homan, Sigdfriedsson, Jones, Tirinzone. In football that would be Germany, Brazil, Argentina and Holland (and Holland would be Tirinzone as we don't want the other three to win!!)
    4. Great venue. On my must-do list.
    Forum Member
    Might as well post this in here for the moment.

The Scots had their Euro championships play-offs this weekend. I was actually within half an hour of Perth and went over on Friday for a look-in. Saw Eve win both games ( a squeaky extra end against lauren gray) and Murdoch and Brewster share a game each. As always really enjoyable watching Curling live and Dewers Rink is a great venue for them as well.

As it goes, Murdoch made the final but lost 2 games to 1 to Team Edwards. The third game going all the way to an extra end. So, some new faces on the mens' team this time.

Not so with the girls; Eve remains dominant winning all six of her matches. Lauren Gray got close a couple of times, the game I watched went to an extra end, but I never got the impression Eve felt under real pressure. She went on to win her Saturday morning game against Lauren 9-1! Team Muirhead will once again be out hunting medals.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the update.

Looks like Eve remains supreme but it's close on the men's side. Roll on the Euros next month,

http://competitions.royalcaledoniancurlingclub.org/competitions/european-playdowns-2/

PS maybe we need a curling thread?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update.

Looks like Eve remains supreme but it's close on the men's side. Roll on the Euros next month,

http://competitions.royalcaledoniancurlingclub.org/competitions/european-playdowns-2/

PS maybe we need a curling thread?!

Sounds like a plan!

Edward's it is - and I wonder if somehow they will helecopter in Murdoch as "alternate" for the Euros? I sincerely hope not.

Champery Masters this weekend - live games on Curling Champions Tour youtube.

Curling thread coming up....
    Forum Member
    The Eurosport TV schedule for the Europeans is out now. They don't seem to have changed their game plan or look to improve the coverage very much. No matches over the first weekend?; womens final not broadcast live!

Scots girls have three matches covered, but the men only one. And that's IF eurosport can stick to their timetables . It doesn't look like the World Curling youtube channel is going to be very UK friendly either.

Alernative suggestions for weekend viewing most welcome.