vcd or svcd

boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i would like to copy my digital photos to disc, and because i dont have a dvd writer, i was wondering would they burn to vcd or svcd through my cd writer, and also where is the best place to buy vcd's.

many thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by boozer3
    i would like to copy my digital photos to disc, and because i dont have a dvd writer, i was wondering would they burn to vcd or svcd through my cd writer, and also where is the best place to buy vcd's.

many thanks

you just use normal cdr's for making both vcd and svcd
  • boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really, i tried that and it wont play back on any dvd player i have tried it on and thats about 5 different ones
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    Can you play the vcd on your pc. If so, you may need a hack for the dvd players, as they may not be able to play vcd properly until it has been hacked.

Whats your main DVD player, and what burning program do you use, Nero seems to be the best for VCD's.
  • dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by chris2k2
    Can you play the vcd on your pc. If so, you may need a hack for the dvd players, as they may not be able to play vcd properly until it has been hacked.
    Or they may simply be unable to play VCDs full stop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by chris2k2

Whats your main DVD player, and what burning program do you use, Nero seems to be the best for VCD's.
    HI,
    yes i can play the cd on my pc, i use the bit from MY PICTURES that says copy to cd, my main dvd player is a goodmans GDVD124, and it clearly says on the front, DVD/VCD/CD/MP3 PLAYER, I HAVE ALSO TRIED IT ON A PANASONIC AND SANYO
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    Boozer looking around on the internet, you are correct about your dvd player being able to play vcd.

However, it appartently seems that it doesn't play some types of cd-rw.

From your last post, i think that you may be creating the vcd wrong.

If you have nero, choose the vcd option, and drop & drag your pictures over. Nero will then automatically convert the pictures into a vcd.

Try using only CD-R.

Chris
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont have nero, but i might get it as i dont fancy buyig a new photo printer