Kierston Waering to leave EastEnders in 2014?

sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a513243/kierston-wareing-eastenders-fame-has-been-very-difficult-for-me.html

Kierston Waering hinted that she won't be staying in EastEnders for a long time. Could she be leaving in 2014?

Comments

• Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't blame her one bit. She's a great actress and she's been wasted in EastEnders.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why new characters cant become iconic or memorable, because they all leave within 3 years!

They should introduce a 10 year contract! :D
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't surprise me. Her career was doing well before EE and I don't doubt it will do well afterwards; and when you look at the standard of some of the productions she's been involved in I can't imagine Eastenders really matches up to many of them in it's current state. Granted, Kirsty's finally been getting a bit more rounded and interesting lately but she's been on a loop of nothingness for the most part. The actress was capable of - and deserved - far batter.

Some of the flack Waering has got from the pond life on Facebook and Twitter and the like has been absolutely repulsive, too.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    This is why new characters cant become iconic or memorable, because they all leave within 3 years!

They should introduce a 10 year contract! :D

Or a 50+ year contract for those who fancy breaking Ken Barlow's record.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Another character introduced on Eastenders with bags of potential, yet ruined by the writers who offered her no direction.

She should take the hat and the bed linen as mementos.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I'll miss her.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    Shes supposed to break up with Max so hopefully she might improve a bit, her and Carl for the brief moments they were together made for a far more realistic couple and suited each other far more.
    As others have said she has been wasted on EE so far.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked at her first but what they hell have they done with her! All she has done is lie in bed for 9 months and whinge at max. Terrible, terrible character and I wouldn't blame the actress one but for leaving
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    I liked at her first but what they hell have they done with her! All she has done is lie in bed for 9 months and whinge at max. Terrible, terrible character and I wouldn't blame the actress one but for leaving

she hasnt done that in Months? that was what she did when she first came in, she has moved on! :D

Hopefully DTC has plans for her! He knows how to do gritty, and she is perfect for it,

LN would of had Max have an affair and she would have left after she found out,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    she hasnt done that in Months? that was what she did when she first came in, she has moved on! :D

What else has she done apart from whinge at max? She might finally be out the bed but she's still a crap character!
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me. Her career was doing well before EE and I don't doubt it will do well afterwards; and when you look at the standard of some of the productions she's been involved in I can't imagine Eastenders really matches up to many of them in it's current state. Granted, Kirsty's finally been getting a bit more rounded and interesting lately but she's been on a loop of nothingness for the most part. The actress was capable of - and deserved - far batter.

Some of the flack Waering has got from the pond life on Facebook and Twitter and the like has been absolutely repulsive, too.

Personally I don't really feel she's that great of an actor. Yes some of her stories so far haven't been great but when she does get some good lines I feel she doesn't always pull them off and you can't just blame the script writers for that.
  • nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She definitely had potential and could have been a soap great but they ruined her. She appeared to go from a dynamic forceful woman to some whimpering lovesick fool overnight and we havent even touched her backstory as to why she was in that state and became so dependant on Max.

Her and Carl would be brilliant ruling the square but sadly its not to be.

Kill her off i say, as part of the Carl and Max vendetta. Then imagine how much revenge Carl will be out to get!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carl has tried to kill Phil Mitchell and has made himself an enemy of most of the square. I'm sure he won't be around much longer either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her character has not worked . There is no chemistry with Max . :sleep:

Not seen her in other stuff so I can't really comment on her overall
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been their 9 months now I'd be surprised if she's still there in 9 months time in June 2014 I prefers it when Max was with Vanessa she was more popular than Kirsty
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good, her character destroyed an iconic soap couple, I think it was the biggest mistake ever even creating her character and I hated the Kirsty twist.

Don't mind the actress but the character of Kirsty has been a disaster.
    Forum Member
    Personally I don't really feel she's that great of an actor. Yes some of her stories so far haven't been great but when she does get some good lines I feel she doesn't always pull them off and you can't just blame the script writers for that.

I base my opinion of the worth of the actress on other roles, not just Eastenders. Her performances in It's a Free Word and Fish Tank put the majority of soap actors to shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Good, her character destroyed an iconic soap couple, I think it was the biggest mistake ever even creating her character and I hated the Kirsty twist.

Don't mind the actress but the character of Kirsty has been a disaster.

I wouldn't call Max and Tanya iconic but I think they did a fine job of destroying themselves long before Kirsty showed up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call Max and Tanya iconic but I think they did a fine job of destroying themselves long before Kirsty showed up.

:eek:

My Maxy and Tan are right up there with Angie and Den - Pauline and Arthur - Pat and Frank for me :p:p
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you serious?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you serious?

Deadly! I loved Max and Tanya :)
    Forum Member

My Maxy and Tan are right up there with Angie and Den - Pauline and Arthur - Pat and Frank for me :p:p

You forgot Tiff and Bobby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deadly! I loved Max and Tanya :)

Is that you Mormon girl? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm glad you specified the last bit:p
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't blame her. I'm watching the Martina Cole adaptations she's in at the moment, The Take and now The Runaway on Pick TV and she is great, severely wasted with Kirsty.