CFN Europe Closedown

darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just listening to the last ever show on CFN Europe,the station is closing down at 11am uk time (12 CET) today.Very sad to listen to olaf reading out the listeners e-mails :(

Comments

• hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe due to Canadian and US forces leaving Europe?
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Sledge HammerSledge Hammer Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    As a german grown up in Hanover Germany it was always a dream for me listen to Casey Kasem again vi satellite in excellent quality. Back in my youth I never had opportunity to listen to AFN. Olaf Guillaume is nearly my age and I liked very much the music mix he chose - especially from the 80s. Then in late August 2008 I discovered an AT40 show back from 31.08.1985 on CFN. With that date Olaf fulfilled my childhood dream - having the opportunity listening to Casey once again via satellite (2002-2010 via 19.2 east, 2012-Nov2013 via 16° eaat and finally Nov2013-the bitter end).
    Olaf Guillaume had always an open ear for his listeners and was very friendly. I will always remember CFN and Olaf Guillaume as my favorite radio station which touched my heart

Merci and thank you for all the wonderful times you gave to me and all the other faithfull listeners!!