Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    I hate Nancy!
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,663
    Forum Member
    pudge2 wrote: »
    Go away Tom

Exactly my thought when we saw him. I hope we aren't in for another speech from Tom.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nancy and Darren seriously need to break up now.

Are they really trying to fix them again? The cheating phase never should have occured but the damage has already been done. Time for them to move apart.
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Nancy and Darren seriously need to break up now.

Are they really trying to fix them again? The cheating phase never should have occured but the damage has already been done. Time for them to move apart.

Agree. Such a shame they used to be my favorite couple on the show. Now i just can't stand them.

Absolutely sick of them to be honest

The writers have ruined both of there characters, :(
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,663
    Forum Member
    Darren sending that photo to Nancy made me laugh!

But I imagine it will now be Darren begging Nancy for another chance rather than Nancy accepting that she did something wrong and she should be the one who is sorry, not keep blaming Darren for his past mistakes and Sienna for everything that she does. But no matter what happens, they should not be together, they are ruined as a couple and will never work again, they are just causing each other and the kids a lot of pain.

I don't know why Ste wanted Sinead to go to the police, how would Sinead telling the police that she thinks that Finn is guilty help anyone? That's not evidence. But I guess this has now given Ste a way back into the McQueens, no doubt JP will find out that Ste is taking drugs, but Ste will fix things by telling people that Diane is providing a fake alibi.
  • Options
    jay82jay82 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    Darren sending that photo to Nancy made me laugh!

But I imagine it will now be Darren begging Nancy for another chance rather than Nancy accepting that she did something wrong and she should be the one who is sorry, not keep blaming Darren for his past mistakes and Sienna for everything that she does. But no matter what happens, they should not be together, they are ruined as a couple and will never work again, they are just causing each other and the kids a lot of pain.

I don't know why Ste wanted Sinead to go to the police, how would Sinead telling the police that she thinks that Finn is guilty help anyone? That's not evidence. But I guess this has now given Ste a way back into the McQueens, no doubt JP will find out that Ste is taking drugs, but Ste will fix things by telling people that Diane is providing a fake alibi.

It is more that she knows Diane gave false alibi and said Finn was at home, but not sure if for JP rape/Nancy assault or both.

If for JP rape Robbie knows he wasn't at home and Dirk saw them at the school.

If police were any good they would know about the Nana McQueen attack, robbery from Tony and Diane when restaurant was having refurb.
    They would also know about the attack on Blossom and Sinead would tell the police about the images on Finns laptop and they would already have it.

Oops I forgot it HO and the most ridiculous things happen :D:D:o:o
  • Options
    Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finn's smirk pisses me off so much!:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member

They're so panto and annoying >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure that's the point of it.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    Is Nancy going to blame Sienna forever? She slept with Rick and Nancy brings up Sienna to attack Darren. What has Sienna got to do with her sleeping with Rick? Will Nancy ever blame herself for her actions or will it always be Sienna?

Both Nancy and Darren have done wrong but I'm still with Nancy on this one. Going further back when Nancy gave birth to Oscar Darren treated her appalingly and blamed her for going into early labour. He then wanted a divorce. When Nancy's mum died he didn't give a flying hoot and again he wanted a divorce. After that we had the whole Sienna situation and again he behaved appalingly towards Nancy so I can kind of see where she is coming from. Even though sleeping with Rick twice is no excuse Darren is more to blame for what's gone on then Nancy is so I believe she has more right to be angry with him given that he decided to sleep with Sienna yet again knowing it would hurt Nancy if/when she found out.

I think their relationship is beyond repair now. There's been far too many lies, affairs and dishonesty between them so it's probably time to call it a day.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

Yeah, are hollyoaks writers forgetting that the point of a court is to convince a jury, or do they just think we're stupid?

If Finn spent the entire session grinning constantly throughout like that, I don't think it'd look very good for him in the eyes of the jury!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Yeah, are hollyoaks writers forgetting that the point of a court is to convince a jury, or do they just think we're stupid?

If Finn spent the entire session grinning constantly throughout like that, I don't think it'd look very good for him in the eyes of the jury!
    It does seem unwise, yes, although jurors are supposed to base their decision based only on hard evidence and not on hunches, gut feelings, or how they personally respond to the defendant's or complainant's appearance, voice, or manner.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    It does seem unwise, yes, although jurors are supposed to base their decision based only on hard evidence and not on hunches, gut feelings, or how they personally respond to the defendant's or complainant's appearance, voice, or manner.

What hard evidence was there? All there was was Panto Lawyer skipping around calling JP a paedophile and Finn a sweet little boy, JP telling the truth and two surprise witnesses at the end that didn't really add anything because they spoke for all of ten seconds.

I'm surprised that Panto Lawyer didn't question Patrick further when he said that JP may have overstepped the mark a little (even though he clearly meant it as JP not maintaining enough of an emotional distance). Good on him though for genuinely backing JP! Hopefully they might start to bring Patrick's character back to what it was at the beginning.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just been thinking about this trial and storyline. Nobody minds murders because it is a game of who done it. We also know it is a way to get rid of characters who are leaving. There is a reason Agatha Christie didn't do who done it on domestic violence or rape.

There won't be many people in the audience who are engaged in murder but I bet there are plenty who are engaged in domestic violence or the gamut of sexual assault up to and including rape. Matt Di Angelo said that he is prepared to take the abuse for his storyline if one person gets help.

I can't see how HO has helped anyone. Many posters just say it is fun and shouldn't be taken seriously. HO said at the outset that the aim was to bring light to this subject. They have just shone a light at how morally bankrupt this show has become.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have just been thinking about this trial and storyline. Nobody minds murders because it is a game of who done it. We also know it is a way to get rid of characters who are leaving. There is a reason Agatha Christie didn't do who done it on domestic violence or rape.

There won't be many people in the audience who are engaged in murder but I bet there are plenty who are engaged in domestic violence or the gamut of sexual assault up to and including rape. Matt Di Angelo said that he is prepared to take the abuse for his storyline if one person gets help.

I can't see how HO has helped anyone. Many posters just say it is fun and shouldn't be taken seriously. HO said at the outset that the aim was to bring light to this subject. They have just shone a light at how morally bankrupt this show has become.

I agree. Even if people aren't suffering domestic violence and rape, many people have suffered from a controlling partner or harrassment so we can empathise. What was good about the domestic violence storyline was that to the outside world Patrick was seen as respectable and probably quite a good catch, so people may not have believed Maxine and Maxine might have thought that she was 'lucky'. Her having the affair helped prolong the storyline because it gave another reason for Maxine to feel that she wasn't 'worthy'. They took it a bit too far with Patrick claiming that Maxine was abusing him and of course all this ridiculous Nico stuff, but initially he was quite credible as a person with a double life.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »

They're human though, not robots. If I saw someone smirking through their trial like that, I know what I'd think...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    They're human though, not robots. If I saw someone smirking through their trial like that, I know what I'd think...

Exactly. I think the trial should have been presented so that someone who didn't know the storyline genuinely didn't know who to believe, rather than weighting things so obviously in JP's favour with Panto Lawyer clutching at straws and Finn smirking and nodding to his mum.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen in the DS soap headlines that Cameron's brother arrives next week. I am shocked that he will be caught in a kiss with
    Leela! :o What about her having got back with Ziggy? Or will she already know about Ziggy and Tegan in the lift by then? :confused:

Btw the reason I have not put a link to this storyline is because the title of the web page divulges her identity...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have seen in the DS soap headlines that Cameron's brother arrives next week. I am shocked that he will be caught in a kiss with
    Leela! :o What about her having got back with Ziggy? Or will she already know about Ziggy and Tegan in the lift by then? :confused:

Btw the reason I have not put a link to this storyline is because the title of the web page divulges her identity...

Yeah, I was confused about that too. I thought she got back together with Ziggy. Maybe she finds out the truth about Ziggy and Tegan? Although it's HO, it doesn't matter if she's in a relationship or not :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Kirsty-Leigh's Twitter page she tweeted 6 more sleeps on Friday. She could mean 6 more sleeps until the anniversary of her HO debut on E4!

https://twitter.com/KirstyLPorter
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    pudge2 wrote: »
    Go away Tom

I've never understood why they turned him into the village version of Jiminy Cricket
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    This stuff with Patrick and Sienna keeps getting silly hope they wrap it up and give Patrick and Sienna a long rest. Glad Nico alive hope she gets a new kindey, with Nico having a crazy mother and grandad she be better living with Maxine and Dodger.

Looking foward to watching more Esther, Grace and Trevor scenes. Kim and Esther I hope they get another go with each other and see Esther having happyness with Kim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    This stuff with Patrick and Sienna keeps getting silly hope they wrap it up and give Patrick and Sienna a long rest. Glad Nico alive hope she gets a new kindey, with Nico having a crazy mother and grandad she be better living with Maxine and Dodger.

Looking foward to watching more Esther, Grace and Trevor scenes. Kim and Esther I hope they get another go with each other and see Esther having happyness with Kim.

Maxine and Dodger could provide more stability for Nico than Sienna or Patrick.

Grace and Trevor seem to have mellowed since starting to befriend Esther. I also want Esther to find happiness but think Kim was daunted finding out about Esther's past. Kim may mature and become more understanding rather than just happy-go-lucky and perfectionist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed the chemistry between Esther and Grace? It's SO obvious Grace is gay and they are going to get together.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Maxine and Dodger could provide more stability for Nico than Sienna or Patrick.

Grace and Trevor seem to have mellowed since starting to befriend Esther. I also want Esther to find happiness but think Kim was daunted finding out about Esther's past. Kim may mature and become more understanding rather than just happy-go-lucky and perfectionist.

Now that Grace and Kim know Esther tryed to take her own life it's strange they haven't asked Esther why. With Kim and Esther being so quick and short not given a proper go I think they they would make a great couple. If this is how Kim going to be then Grace was right Esther can do much better then Kim.

I hope the when Esther gets a relationship with another girl it doesn't turn short rushed wasted, no cheating or the new girlfriend being abusive or being a killer. Just someone Esther can be happy with full of love and joy they both have allot in common with each other. Esther having her dreams in fastion coming true, new friends who are nothing like Sinead, Maddie and Ruby. Also no more bad stuff happening to Esther either.