Macbook: bass speaker seems to have gone

This isn't the end of the world, but I would like to cure it: the right-hand bass on my Macbook's speaker has become decidedly fuzzy, like the sound of an old-fashioned speaker where the cardboard damaged.

When I first noticed yesterday, I thought it was one of the instruments, but knew it wasn't really, and, of course, it wasn't. Is that it? Is there anything I can do? I don't use headphones when I listen to music on it and I often use a bluetooth speaker when I'm watching football, so it really isn't the end of the world.

But I like things to work as they should, so is there something I can do or must I simply put up with it, like and achy back or that fact that women no longer take a second look?

Comments

• MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd imagine it'll be fixable but given the price of apple spares it could be rather expensive, you could take it to an apple store and let them give you an idea of whats wrong and how much to fix it?
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'll be fixable but given the price of apple spares it could be rather expensive, you could take it to an apple store and let them give you an idea of whats wrong and how much to fix it?

Yes, that occurred to me, but I don't think it is worth either the hassle or the expesnse. I was just wondering whether anyone here had heard about so gltich along those lines which could be irioned out at home easily, such as holding the Macbook above your head at midnight and chanting 'Steve Jobs must be canonised, Steve Jobs must be canonised' for exactly 33 minutes.