Options

disappointed with snow leopard...

chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
Forum Member
✭✭
as the title suggests, when i had my macmini i only used it as a media machine, so didn't use osx much, now that i have mac as my main machine, i find myself booting into ubuntu most of the time as i miss the repositories and being able to do things like format an sd card to ext4 without having to fiddle about with new programs etc. perhaps i'm just stuck in my ways but i just can't get into it (osx) it feels too restrictive! perhaps i'm spoiled by all the free/open source software of linux, i just prefer linux!

Comments

• Options
    PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    That's OK. If you like fiddling about doing stuff and tinkering etc then Linux seems ideal for you.

I like Mac OS X, but I can see why some people would like Ubuntu or Windows. You're aware though that you can use the Terminal app etc. You can format external discs using the finder I thought :) I am sure I have done.

But have fun with the OS you get on with the most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, itś completely personal to me of course, nothing at all wrong with osx (or windows for that matter) i just cant get used to it. :D
  • Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    You simply didn't learn the way to do things in a new os, the tips and tricks you learn along the way, you can't skip that bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pocatello wrote: »
    You simply didn't learn the way to do things in a new os, the tips and tricks you learn along the way, you can't skip that bit.

Yes you're probably right, i'll get used to it in time, i cut my teeth on ubuntu so i know all the short cuts so to speak ;)
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pocatello wrote: »

I agree you just need time getting used to it, but osx is generally restrictive for those that what to do anything under the hood.