Options

Deal or No Deal (No Spoilers — Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    AbacaAbaca Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Banker phones with a proposition:

If everyone does a dance and the Banker rates it as 9/10 or better then Andy will win the holiday in Tenerife.

Everyone does the strange dance and the Banker awards it 8/10, but Scott's promise to give Andy the £1,500 if he wins it sways the Banker's decision and Andy wins the holiday

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well call me mean but!.. i didn't like it when he said he was hoping to not have to go back to his job!...Now a young bloke like that and!.... the girlfriend is pregnant for the second time, wanting to win enough to be able to lounge about at home and not work, doesn't inspire me to want him to win a lot!....:(
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Those who goes on this show shouldn't see it as some kind of panacea for their financial woes. Treat it as a bit of fun and if they win big money then great but how often does that actually happen? I wonder what the average pay out is since it's started?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Those who goes on this show shouldn't see it as some kind of panacea for their financial woes. Treat it as a bit of fun and if they win big money then great but how often does that actually happen? I wonder what the average pay out is since it's started?

This season the average payout is around £15,000, but in the earlier seasons it was more like £18,000 as the contestants were less cautious.
  • Options
    SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    mklass wrote: »
    Well call me mean but!.. i didn't like it when he said he was hoping to not have to go back to his job!...Now a young bloke like that and!.... the girlfriend is pregnant for the second time, wanting to win enough to be able to lounge about at home and not work, doesn't inspire me to want him to win a lot!....:(

To be fair to him though, didn't he say he had two jobs - or did I dream that :o:o:D I somehow assumed he meant he could give up the extra job but if I'm wrong, then I agree with you :D
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithman wrote: »
    To be fair to him though, didn't he say he had two jobs - or did I dream that :o:o:D I somehow assumed he meant he could give up the extra job but if I'm wrong, then I agree with you :D

I think that's what he meant. Must be knackered working two jobs and with a wee man to support. Notice he said his gf was his son's carer. Didn't mention if the kid was ill?

Such a lovely man though. Felt v bad for him. Deserved WAY better than that. He never really had anything to gamble with.

Be interesting to see how the extra 15 mins pans out. My guess is that at least a third of that will be another ad break
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh.... i didn't hear either of those two things!... 2 jobs/carer!....i obviously am not giving the 'sob' stories enough attention!....;).... if they are both the case then i take it back!.... and i should have been routing for him!....::o :D
  • Options
    BassthoundBassthound Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what do we reckon hte Holiday destiination for the 25th December is going to be revealed as ?

Got to be Turkey hasn't it ??
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predictions for the Xmas Day holiday - Turkey, Jamaica, Australia or a world cruise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on then, let's get this nonsense over for the final time where this winter wonderland gimmick is concerned
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the 1500th episode, and the last edition of 2010. Expect lots of messing around today!

Today's player is Maz with Box 15
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big mouth Maz to round off this nonsense
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maz is a student and part-time barmaid from Liverpool.

Her mum Linda is in the audience.

She has a great ambition to become a teacher. She also wants to win enough money to find her dad.

She has an obsession with guardian angels.

We see a picture of her with her grandad, who has now passed away but is 'still with her'.

Housekeeping is done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear oh dear, gimmick upon gimmick

Making up the rules as they go along then to force another feel good ending to the last game of 2010
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How blooming convenient :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Round 1

There is a gold envelope containing a holiday under the table. If Maz finds the 1p or the 10p in the first round then she can give the gold envelope to someone in the rings.

Box 3 - £750
    Box 21 - £20,000
    Box 19 - 10p

Maz gives the envelope to Julie. The holiday is a three night break in the Algarve.

Box 1 - £1,000
    Box 11 - 1p

The first break is called.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We started the year with Haz and we're finishing it with Maz :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back from the break rather quickly.

Today's holiday is revealed to be an all-inclusive week for two in Majorca.

Banker's offer: £11,000 and one gift box

NO DEAL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Round 2

Box 13 - £5,000
    Box 16 - £15,000
    Box 9 - £100

Banker's offer: £13,500 and one gift box

NO DEAL