Kelly Brook & Daily Mail - What's going on?

grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
Forum Member
✭✭
As you may know the DM have it in for women in swimsuits most of the time, they throw in sly digs - but reading this story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2006503/Kelly-Brook-smiling-form-smooches-sand-mauve-cossie-beau-Thom-Evans.html you could be forgiven for thinking you had stumbled across OK magazine - they are hardly ever this sympathetic, maybe the journalist was mean to her sometime before.

Model and actress Kelly, who was showing off her stunning figure in a plunging purple one-piece swimsuit

The model took a more casual approach to posing for Thom than in her day job - but looked amazing regardless

And as she reveals her sensational curves in the rays again, clearly, Thom won't be the only one of Kelly's admirers happy to see the star smiling again.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe its because she just had a miscarriage and they were trying to be sensitive. Maybe they are giving her six months before they start ragging on her. Also, they tend to be nice to her.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    It's reverse psychology. They always do this. If they say negative things about someone, then many of the comments will generally be in defense of the person. They are only calling Kelly "stunning" to elicit negative responses. Quite cynical, but it certainly works.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there really anything negative you could say about Kelly Brook's looks. She's gorgeous!
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I always think that the word "curves" in Mail land actually means "fat" in their eyes so when they talk about someone "showing off their curves" its actually a sly dig at them for daring to be over a size 6 and wearing a bikini in public. I have noticed that "curves" are frequently mentioned alongside an unflattering photo.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Yes any time they say 'curves' they mean 'She's put on a bit of weight, hasn't she?'

And then on page 2 there'll be some article outraged at young girls obsessing about their weight and appearance. Despicable paper.

Try googling "daily mail curves"

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=curves+site%3Adailymail.co.uk

The page of links you get resembles the creepy wall of an obsessive stalker or something.
  • YULSTARYULSTAR Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were very horrible to her just before she announced she was pregnant.......she dared to leave the house looking natural and wearing jeans and a T-shirt, DM accused her of letting herself go......turns out she was in the throws of violent morning sickness but they didn't know.
  • britchick_99702britchick_99702 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    She looks beautiful. Nice to see someone happy after such a horrible year she's had so far.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YULSTAR wrote: »
    They were very horrible to her just before she announced she was pregnant.......she dared to leave the house looking natural and wearing jeans and a T-shirt, DM accused her of letting herself go......turns out she was in the throws of violent morning sickness but they didn't know.

And the funny thing is she wasn't even underdressed when they criticized her. She was wearing a classy blouse, skinny jeans and expensive high-heels - certainly not someone letting themselves go.

Kelly is stunning and pictures don't even do her justice. IMO Britain's prettiest woman.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,811
    Forum Member
    Women's magazine's regularly have diets of all shapes and sizes, Daybreak & This Morning regularly have summer and winter diets.

They know they attract interest which means revenue, then there are exercise videos etc.

Online if you look to the right of the Mail pages it's an endless stream of pic/stories featuring women...it's a womens paper..so they are reflecting an attitude their target audience will buy into?

Also online 'clicks' are a measure of interest when selling space to advertisers and many of their articles about 'curves' do seem to generate lots of 'clicks'?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is she always in the papers? She has no discernible talent. I just can't understand the DM's fascination with her.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks beautiful. Nice to see someone happy after such a horrible year she's had so far.:)

Yes I agree she does look lovely but their comes a time when one stops looking beautiful in a bikini and she can't do that forever.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    ultimatums wrote: »
    Maybe its because she just had a miscarriage and they were trying to be sensitive.

that would be a first for the Daily Mail.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    The media are so annoying. Curves deos not mean fat. it's the overall shape of an hourglass or pear shaped figure.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she looks stunning. I'd much rather look at that body than some stick thin body.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Bit disturbed at all the comments calling her fat underneath the article. She lost her baby a fair few months into the pregnancy, she's bound to have a wee bit of excess fat after that. She looks great!
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Why is she always in the papers? She has no discernible talent. I just can't understand the DM's fascination with her.

She is a model.
    Might be the reason why she gets photographed.:D Look how many hits and comments that article has received. Just a theory :p
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, she looks gorgeous, just how a proper woman should look, not like most models who look pale and anorexic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I don't think Kelly's fat/overweight but I hate it when the DM readers say thats 'what a real women look like' as if any one who deosn't looks like her is fake or abnormal. If every women was suppose to look the same we'd all have the same bodyshape, height and race colour.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »

Not true. She has two rather amazing talents. :p
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    olu1 wrote: »
    I don't think Kelly's fat/overweight but I hate it when the DM readers say thats 'what a real women look like' as if any one who deosn't looks like her is fake or abnormal. If every women was suppose to look the same we'd all have the same bodyshape, height and race colour.

See where you're coming from - it's as if being naturally slim or skinny is a crime and one that is unattractive.

Not something I suffer from at all unfortunately but sometimes people go too the other way in their praise for being "curvy" by being rude about the slender folk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there really anything negative you could say about Kelly Brook's looks. She's gorgeous!

She is indeed a pretty lady...and Dave, I've heard she says the same about you.;)
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks amazing. I want her figure!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always think that the word "curves" in Mail land actually means "fat" in their eyes so when they talk about someone "showing off their curves" its actually a sly dig at them for daring to be over a size 6 and wearing a bikini in public. I have noticed that "curves" are frequently mentioned alongside an unflattering photo.....

And yet in the same paper they call Dawn French 'svelte' for slimming down to a supposed size 16 (when she does appear to be at least a size bigger). If Dawn loses another stone or so, they'll be saying she looks haggared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2006581/Dawn-Frenchs-recipe-losing-4st-Skip-chips.html

You can't win with the DM. One day, all women above a size 8 are fat old porkers, the next anyone below a 14 is boderline anorexic. God alone knows what perfect creatures of legendary beauty are writing these articles? :rolleyes:
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    I think she is pregnant again....that foorth photo down, well a picture says a thousand words. can understand why she would keep it quiet a while though.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly really is a good looking woman. Very good looking.