What kind of people send Christmas cards by second class post?

Comments

• ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2nd class for everything in the post, unless its got to be there the next day.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your bin must be overflowing, on another thread you said you binned gifts if they weren't suitably wrapped!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Has it crossed your mind that there is no need to send first class because there's over a week to go? I bet that if you get one on Christmas Eve you will throw it out because you were clearly an after thought!

I hope noone gives you a present on Boxing Day. I'll be able to see the fireworks from here! :rolleyes:

Someone sent you a card. That's nice. Say thank you!
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what a windup.... nothing better to do OP :p:p
  • pebbles54pebbles54 Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Your bin must be overflowing, on another thread you said you binned gifts if they weren't suitably wrapped!

You forgot to mention the prawn crackers he hates as well:rolleyes:
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the kind of people sending christmas cards 2nd class are the same as the ones who have fibre optic trees?
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    I was disgusted today when I picked up my mail and saw someone had sent me a Christmas card with a second class stamp on it. I did not even bother opening it and put it straight in the bin,

I am sorry but if you can't be bothered to send it 1st class for a few extra pennies then just don't bother. It's second class for a reason and it sends a strong message that you just don't care...shameful.

Wind up FAIL:rolleyes:
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    pebbles54 wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the prawn crackers he hates as well:rolleyes:

but he thinks it's OK to give a tub of Pringles as an Xmas gift :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Maybe the OP should get this for xmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just had a nasty thought, paulsmithfan. I always send letters first class to first-class people, and second class to second-class people. Maybe the person sending you the Christmas card had the same idea.
    Forum Member
    flobadob wrote: »
    I've just had a nasty thought, paulsmithfan. I always send letters first class to first-class people, and second class to second-class people. Maybe the person sending you the Christmas card had the same idea.

This :D
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I wonder if the kind of people sending christmas cards 2nd class are the same as the ones who have fibre optic trees?
    not forgetting the ugly blow up snowmen
  • McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha OP... what a tool!
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flobadob wrote: »

I'm not sending him one at all - a non-person.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was disgusted today when I picked up my mail and saw someone had sent me a Christmas card with a second class stamp on it. I did not even bother opening it and put it straight in the bin,

I am sorry but if you can't be bothered to send it 1st class for a few extra pennies then just don't bother. It's second class for a reason and it sends a strong message that you just don't care...shameful.

You're quite an odd person really, aren't you?
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got around to buying stamps for last years xmas cards yet. I told everyone that they must have got lost in the postal system somewhere.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a second class thread.
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be such an ungrateful C*nt !
  • LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this Thread is not a wind-up, the OP is a bit daft.
    No point whatsoever in wasting money sending a Christmas card first class. Unlike a birthday, it doesn't have to arrive on a particular day.
    Also, it's very unthoughtful to clog up the first class system with Christmas cards.
    Anyway, being Eco-aware, I send mine by the Internet, cyber- cards.
    No need to chop down a forest for me.
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member

I find the OP's standards impossibly high.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1405213&highlight=

Have you ever binned a slovenly wrapped Christmas gift?
    I have on a number of occasions and did not bother to unwrap it

Or they are an ungrateful so and so.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're either filthy rich, or nuts, to send Christmas cards by first class post.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    I've sent Xmas Cards by 2nd post for the past couple of year and not one person has complain yet:)

Probably because they have been thrown straight in the bin (paulsmithfan fashion) so they have no idea they are from you to be able to complain!!!:D
  • BedlemBedlem Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so angry, who would dare think this sort of thing was okay. All I know I do not want that sort of person as a friend anyway.

First Xmas pressies, and now 2nd class cards. I'm raiding your bins this christmas. :D
  • PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard everything now.....
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taylorcat wrote: »
    Me! Why would you buy a first class stamp, not guaranteed to get there any quicker

agreed you might aswell send eveything 2nd class as first class isnt working at the moment
This discussion has been closed.