sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZBAIEFQjgtRoo3qkgqJDNg

PS3 gameplay (around 2 hrs in total on his page) (sorry, should mention that he's Brazilian, and speaking in his native language)

You can download one of the videos from:

https://mega.co.nz/#!nx4XTC5Z!Hh4PRFVVFgnLG4HR4EBn7CFNpYJABiVphqSF37tmXcw

ketchup: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/20/watch_dogs-first-25-minutes-of-the-game-on-ps3-leaked-plus-a-livestream/
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Has much been said about the city itself, is it as living and breathing as Los Santos in GTA V ? I'm hoping there are lots of different things to do in the city once the story is over.

Watched an AngryJoe vid with one of the dev team and he said that to get 100% completion it would take 80+ hours.
    The vid also had some PS4 footage. Not as good as the ultra high end PC footage (obv.) but still nice. Defo looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    sithlord3k wrote: »

That seems legit, they must have only been playing the game a short while though. Which does make me wonder if they have been a bit too quick to sing its praises?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does look very good but I'll judge it when I get my hands on it. Find it hard to believe that it takes 80 hrs for 100% completion.
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Given that the review embargos are up on day of release (neeeever a good sign) I'm taking that dual shockers review with a pinch of salt.

I think that as it stands, Watch Dogs will be one I play later this year when it's very cheap, if I play it at all. Too many technical downgrades and questionable gameplay decisions for me to get excited about right now.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People seem to think the worse when they hear review embargo's, but I've seen it plenty of times and the games have been good. So to me, they don't mean a lot.

Also if it's a game I want, reviews are meaningless to me anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Yes i agree Woodbine. GTA games for example or notorious for having review embargoes that end on the day of release ( as well as being very lite with info and gameplay they show) and yet they always review extremely well.More recently Wolfenstein has been receiving reasonably good review scores despite the embargo being today which is the day it was released.

Most games have late embargoes these days. Gone are the days of having a shifty peak at a review score in your favourite gaming publication while stood in the magazine section WHSmiths, days, or sometimes weeks before a game was released.:(
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    Given that the review embargos are up on day of release (neeeever a good sign) I'm taking that dual shockers review with a pinch of salt.

I think that as it stands, Watch Dogs will be one I play later this year when it's very cheap, if I play it at all. Too many technical downgrades and questionable gameplay decisions for me to get excited about right now.

Never a good sign?

Loads of games have this that end up scoring high such as GTA5, it means nothing at all tbh.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Does look very good but I'll judge it when I get my hands on it. Find it hard to believe that it takes 80 hrs for 100% completion.

I've also heard its a 30-40hr game, and nearly 100hrs to complete all the side missions and quests etc.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    hmmm watch dogs is actually pretty good, i'm about 3-4 hours into it (intro's pretty good but wont spoil it) cops seem a bit gta v if you know what i mean, driving is a bit weird and a bit stiff it's like trying to turn a corner with the batmobile.

my ps4 copy came this morning while i was out finally got around to playing it tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a game on a mate's 360. Graphics looked really bad (GTA V does look better) (imo), like a ps2 port :D
    Of course, that maybe due to playing on a ps4 for the last 6 months or so.

Didn't like the controls either, but same as above.

L3 is reload, and the only other option is to change it to R3.

Car handling feels really light.

You cannot hack money from every single person, although you can get info on every single person. Hacking though a camera definitely feels weird.

Game feels really slow (literally), like in slow motion (but not that slow)

I'm really going to wait for a ps4 review before deciding whether to buy it or not (which I did not expect).

Just initial thoughts after playing for about an hour.
  • Options
    VegetaVegeta Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Current gen graphics looks rubbish compared to GTA V. Almost like a ps2 game at some places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbqeU8tPjX4
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the graphics that Ubisoft produced for the Assassins Creed games this looks quite disappointing.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    http://www.gamespot.com/videos/watch-dogs-now-playing/2300-6418882/

PS4 stream. Quite honestly after getting pretty hyped recently, I'm feeling meh about it again. Having cameras on guards that you can control makes no sense,
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched some PS4 footage.

Game looks bad.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    boxx wrote: »
    http://www.gamespot.com/videos/watch-dogs-now-playing/2300-6418882/

PS4 stream. Quite honestly after getting pretty hyped recently, I'm feeling meh about it again. Having cameras on guards that you can control makes no sense,

Just watched 20 minutes there. Looks pretty average. From going to a definite purchase on Tuesday, I think I'll wait till it's sub £25 and only if it's at a time when I other games are available that I want to get :(
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think graphically it looks good, but watching the videos doesn't really get me excited about it.

I just wonder how long the novelty of hacking things wears off, the game is based around it so if that gets a bit boring then playing this game could turn into a chore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Just watched 20 minutes there. Looks pretty average. From going to a definite purchase on Tuesday, I think I'll wait till it's sub £25 and only if it's at a time when I other games are available that I want to get :(

What i was about to post!

Lots in the game that'll bug me (playlist reminders everytime you get in a car is one of them) vehicle collisions are terrible which I guess is a compromise that was made to introduce more traffic, but I think the main thing (and it was touched on during the stream when the police were in pursuit) is that once you've opened up an area for hacking, all you need to do is press a button to trigger traps/bollards/blackouts which in itself is ok, but the game is designed around you having to use them constantly. Like Woodbine says, the novelty of raising obstructions to escape and hacking in general is going to wear thin pretty quickly and in the hour I watched (lack of stealth notwithstanding) I saw nothing that made me think "yeah there's something that I'm going to get better and better at" there seems to be no skill involved in any of it whatsoever. Cover system is meh and constant screen junk to show what you can hide behind is bad not too mention all the crap on screen when you get your phone out. It seems like the city is pretty, but the GTA stuff in the game is done better in GTA and the hacking is a letdown from what I've seen.
    The one caveat is the story. Details have been thin on the ground and if there's a ton of reviews saying it's incredible then I'll happily eat humble pie. Not holding out too much hope.
    I'll admit to being caught up in the hype and was really looking forward to it, but now I agree with one of the stream comments I spotted whilst watching 'there's nothing next gen about Watch Dogs' release and reviews are going to be a cluster **** of pissed off gamers.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to tell just how it looks when it's being streamed on Twitch though. some streams look better than others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IGN stream for anyone that missed the Gamespot one:http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/05/22/ign-live-watch-dogs
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £65 for the digital deluxe version on PSN, about what I expected TBH.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very underwhelmed. Was set for day one, then changed that to I'll wait for reviews/opinions, now I think i'll wait until it is selling for sub £30.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Watched an AngryJoe vid with one of the dev team and he said that to get 100% completion it would take 80+ hours.
    The vid also had some PS4 footage. Not as good as the ultra high end PC footage (obv.) but still nice. Defo looking forward to this one.

100% is probably getting all the collectables etc Alot of games (Even short ones) would take an age to get 100% on so i don't really pay much attention when developers come out with stuff like that, what will matter is how long the main/side missions take and how good they are.

Graphically i'm not impressed, if i do get it it will be on the PC but even there the game seems to have gotten a downgrade since the E3 2012 unveiling.