Steam Holiday Sale date leaked

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Around 1 hour 10 minutes until we all become poor :(!

I'm hoping Game Dev Tycoon or Prison Architect are in the first round of sales. I feel like a tycoony game :blush:

Prison Architect is one heck of a time sink. I enjoyed it but have stayed clear for a while...

I've just seen my latest CC bill, I think I'll be staying clear of this next sale... :D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hereeeeeeeee.... no Game Dev Tycoon or Prison Architect yet... Game Dev Tycoon was -50% off during the black friday/autumn sale... so I don't know if I can wait til that xD (it's only like a £1 difference :X!) and Prison Architect HAS to come up...

Today I've picked up Bioshock Infinite Season Pass, Monaco and Dishonored. Tempted by Batman: Arkham Asylum (played city and loved it... not going to get origins yet) and The Stanley Parable.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't really afford to spend much more on games this year, seems there have been more sales than ever this year. Still would really like to see a good discount on Papers Please as it seems like a really novel and fascinating indie title, very different from anything else, love games that try to do something different, especially when they do it well...

Would probably make an exception for that, otherwise gotta keep the spending down plus my list of unplayed Steam games is just ridiculous.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there free cards if you spend a certain amount like in the summer sale?

Edit: It's only for every $10 spent, I think it was $20 during the summer. Hmm.....
  • KerangKerang Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay picked up Assetto Corsa, didn't expect a discount on it at all so well chuffed, been on my wishlist since it came out :)

Only other game I did have on my wishlist I picked up earlier on GMG, Batman Origins for £12 plus season pass for £6, price has since been changed, not sure if it was a mistake or not.

Only impulse buys from now on, I'm sure there will be a few, lol.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I am still playing the games from last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kerang wrote: »
    Yay picked up Assetto Corsa, didn't expect a discount on it at all so well chuffed, been on my wishlist since it came out :)

Something to consider with AC is that the discount now is 50% off what the price will be when it leaves Early Access, so in that respect it's an incredibly good deal.
  • KerangKerang Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something to consider with AC is that the discount now is 50% off what the price will be when it leaves Early Access, so in that respect it's an incredibly good deal.

Yeah that's why I'm so chuffed :) I know it doesn't have a lot of content just yet but reading the discussion forums for it it seems there are regular updates for it. It does look amazing, love my driving sims :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy. Bioshock Infinite season pass was reduced to 3.99. I had a feeling it was too good to be true, so I bought it and now it's back up to 15.99 xD!
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there free cards if you spend a certain amount like in the summer sale?

Edit: It's only for every $10 spent, I think it was $20 during the summer. Hmm.....

I think you once posted you had an alt account. Will you be voting for the flash sales from that account too for more cards? I now have one and am unsure if it would be against the Terms of Service or anything like that.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone name the cards? :blush:

Spotted Football Manager, Stanley Parable & Batman Origins (I think);)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    I think you once posted you had an alt account. Will you be voting for the flash sales from that account too for more cards? I now have one and am unsure if it would be against the Terms of Service or anything like that.

You have a good memory! It's definitely not against ToS, having at least 1 alt is pretty common. The free cards for voting is for accounts that are level 5 or over which deters people making new alt accounts now and farming the cards. But yes I am card collecting with my alt, what's even better is the number of votes needed are down from 4 to 3 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers. Logging in to alt account now,
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got Serious Sam First Encounter (won the second one in an online competition), the DLC for it and Jewel of the Nile DLC for Serious Sam 3. All 75% off which is nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picked up CnC for $5 on amazon.com. I must have played Red Alert 1 for thousands of hours back in the day, I can still remember the nuke cheat code even after 13 or odd years. I'm going to be playing it aaaall weekend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picked up Far Cry 3 Deluxe, my wife was raving about how much I'd enjoy it!! :o

Sadly I can't get away from Sleeping Dogs so it may be a while until I get round to playing it ;):blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing for me in today's deals :(!

It's annoying though... with the Community Choice, people just seem to be voting for what is cheapest as opposed to what is the best game... I mean who picked Hard Reset?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Puts hand up* :D I'll vote for anything really, the games on voting are bound to be flash or daily deals at some point anyway, Steam is efficient at recycling deals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went for Crysis Maximum Edition (Crysis and Crysis Warhead). Had Crysis 2 since the Origin Humble Bundle and wanted to play these ones first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Nothing for me in today's deals :(!

It's annoying though... with the Community Choice, people just seem to be voting for what is cheapest as opposed to what is the best game... I mean who picked Hard Reset?!

I got Hard Reset as part of a Humble Bundle... never played it though :blush:

Oooooo... all the Sleeping Dogs DLC for under a fiver!!! :o ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I'm going to pick up Sleeping Dogs! I'm also tempted by The Wolf Among Us... but the episodes are coming out so incredibly slow for that, and in the summer sale it will be going about the same price as TWD is now (around £5 in the sale!). We'll be lucky if all the episodes are released by the time the summer sale arrives anyway... especially with how slow they are atm.

Still no Prison Architect :(! I ended up just buying Game Dec Tycoon too. It's about £1 more expensive than it will be when it does arrive at flash, based on the Autumn sale. BUT the developers send you a nice message in game about supporting them etc, so I'm glad I did :D

Genuinely enjoying Papers, Please. Although I'm impatient and always get warnings :blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So annoyed that I missed The Stanley Parable for £5.99... it's now £7.49 :blush::(

I'm hoping that there is a Final Day savings blitz ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    Can anyone name the cards? :blush:

Spotted Football Manager, Stanley Parable & Batman Origins (I think);)

1. Assassins Creed IV
    2. DOTA 2
    3. Outlast
    4. PayDay 2
    5. Warframe
    6. The Stanley Parable
    7. Rogue Legacy
    8. Football Manager
    9. Surgeon Simulator
    10. XCOM
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wondering if it's worth bagging Wolf Among Us at 33% off or waiting to see if it goes cheaper...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see it going any cheaper given that it's fairly new but tbh I'm struggling to think of reasons to put you off aside from the fact that I really really want it :blush:;)