Game Of Thrones Season 4 [US Sun/UK Mon] [NO SPOILERS]

One thread to rule them all.

So then, between simulcasts, downloads, on demand etc. there's no point having two pace threads. So let's try this, if you haven't seen the current episode don't come in here as there will be spoilers.

If you've read the books, heard plot spoilers elsewhere, or read rumours about cast members leaving do not post here about them. Don't even hide them in spoiler tags, this thread is not for that.

Once again, no book revelations here please, the book forum is further down the page, try there, they will be happy to have you.

A very non spoilery (if you've seen the first three seasons) One Show GoT special aired on BBC last night. Not as condescending as I expected and worth having a look at. Sophie Turner & Maise Williams were in studio and only looked mildly embarrassed throughout.

I also see Sky's "Thronecast" is back. Feel free to discuss that here too.

Comments

• srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already added the series link (2am one which appears to be ad free) and looking forward to this.

One thread makes sense, we had two last year and the US thread was only used Monday afternoon (when the UK one was not used).
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the new series.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now thats a proper OP, no spoilers of any kind!

gonna start my s3 rewatch tonight so i am aware of every little thing again by monday
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was late to the party on GOT and was going to by the box set to catch up but luckily saw it on sky from the beginning on Sunday evenings all the way from season one episode 1

I just watched the "red wedding" (what an episode) ....one more to go and im fully caught up and the best thing don't have to wait for season 4 to start :D

cant wait
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This will be my first season to watch it as it airs. I was a newbie late last summer and watched all three seasons in less than 5 days

I can't explain how excited i am.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant believe how quick the year has gone. When season 3 ended last year it seemed like a lifetime until season 4 starts, but its gone quicker than I thought.

Saying that... I lost my Sky subscription and am not sure how to watch now.... major panic. So if anyone has any good, reliable links to new episodes I would be eternally greatful.

#SansaForTheThrone
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be great, isn't it? How many people are going to stay up to watch the 2am simulcast? (Not only will we be seeing it at the same time as the east coast, but we'll be seeing it hours before the west coast - how cool is that?)

Full disclosure: I won't be staying up ... because I've seen it already. Absolutely no spoilers will pass my keyboard, though. :)

If anyone's interested, I will be writing weekly reviews as well as a series of preview posts over the next few days and probably some others between episodes as the mood takes me. If anyone's interested, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly let you know where to find them.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it. My favourite character is Stannis - I can see him forging some alliances in the up-and-coming season. Not sure what will happen to the North but you'd think the Boltons have got it all to do to remain in power.

My brother brought round all seven GOT books on Sunday. I haven't read any, currently on the table in my hallway.

Back to the TV show - will most folk be watching the show at 2 am? I'm a night owl so I'll be awake :)
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for my fresh Lannister fix. I'm off on Monday so I shall definitely be burning the midnight oil to watch!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 days and 2 hours to go ...

:D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 4 currently has a Metascore of 95 from Critics (some based on 1 episode others on 3).

Previous scores

S1 79
    S2 88
    S3 90.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less than a day to go (if you're planning on watching the 2am simulcast, that is).

I've written a brief teaser preview for episode 1, which can be accessed via the link below. Be warned, this does contain mild spoilers, although I have deliberately steered away from major plot points.

http://slouching.tv/2014/04/06/game-of-thrones-ten-teasers-for-episode-1/

I'll be doing weekly reviews immediately after each episode has aired, and probably some other features in between. Hope you enjoy this!
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    Already added the series link (2am one which appears to be ad free) and looking forward to this.

It will be ad free.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    So who else is staying up for the 2am showing? This will be the first season where my sky box is working properly and will allow me to record it :D Still staying up to watch it though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jems wrote: »
    So who else is staying up for the 2am showing? This will be the first season where my sky box is working properly and will allow me to record it :D Still staying up to watch it though!

I'll be staying up, Jems. Gonna have a late supper and a mug of tea :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if I can watch along with everyone else tonight, but on the internet? Or will `i have to wait? :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if I can watch along with everyone else tonight, but on the internet? Or will `i have to wait? :(

Do you have Sky tv? If you do you can get Sky Go which should allow you to stream it on a tablet or something.. but i wouldnt quote me as gospel because i havent actually used the app myself. I hope you can, I just know its going to be epic :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have Sky tv? If you do you can get Sky Go which should allow you to stream it on a tablet or something.. but i wouldnt quote me as gospel because i havent actually used the app myself. I hope you can, I just know its going to be epic :D

I had to get rid of Sky last year to save money… am seriously regretting it now though.. lol!!
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone knows of a website that someone without Atlantic might be able to log on to, maybe just before 2am... Maybe you could PM me ;)

Or.. I've got a Now tvbox, but no active subscription at the moment. Is there a way to access Atlantic for 24 hours?
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be my first season to watch it as it airs. I was a newbie late last summer and watched all three seasons in less than 5 days

I can't explain how excited i am.

Me too:D
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Meeee!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Look to your sins Lord Renly, for the night is dark and full of terrors."
  • MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the first time I will be watching the series as it happens, I watched the first three last Summer. Don't have Sky though so if anybody can provide me with somewhere to download/watch each new episode I would be eternally grateful!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmbop wrote: »
    This is the first time I will be watching the series as it happens, I watched the first three last Summer. Don't have Sky though so if anybody can provide me with somewhere to download/watch each new episode I would be eternally grateful!

I will PM you :)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather late in the day but another behind the scenes video has been released.

Quite a lot of footage not seen in previous trailers/production videos.