Is it possible to give people(celebs) a piece of your mind on Twitter

Finlay ReaderFinlay Reader Posts: 1,231
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I dont do Twitter but I am thinking of getting an account just so I can slag certain people off because they are so far up their own arses. They need someone to bring them down a peg or two and I think I am the man for the job. So is there content control on Twitter or can I just say what I like?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Say what you like (to a certain extent obviously) but I wouldn't bother, half the celebs on it don't read half the tweets people send them.
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Of course you can, nothing stopping you. A lot of them do read their responses and reply to the odd tweet, some, not mentioning any names get extremely irate when you criticise them and post your twitter ID on their account so their angry fans can abuse you. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    If you are creative and amusing in the way you do it - on a blog or something - then people would read you.

Just obnoxious isn't going to be worth your while- if the people you are "trying to bring down a peg or 2" can be bothered, they'll block you - otherwise they'll just ignore you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    Of course you can, nothing stopping you. A lot of them do read their responses and reply to the odd tweet, some, not mentioning any names get extremely irate when you criticise them and post your twitter ID on their account so their angry fans can abuse you. :D

Ooooo who? :D
  • Finlay ReaderFinlay Reader Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are creative and amusing in the way you do it - on a blog or something - then people would read you.

Just obnoxious isn't going to be worth your while- if the people you are "trying to bring down a peg or 2" can be bothered, they'll block you - otherwise they'll just ignore you

Good point. I will bear this in mind. I have been on DS long enough to have honed my skills and pick up a few tips;)
  • dropoutdropout Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point. I will bear this in mind. I have been on DS long enough to have honed my skills and pick up a few tips;)

How long have you been on DS?:)
    Forum Member
    sahalouise wrote: »
    Ooooo who? :D

I couldn't possibly say. Haha, although Stephen Fry has been known to flounce quite a lot when criticised, Nicky something [the Scottish guy who used to present Watchdog?], Dara O'Brien, Alan Carr, Emma Kennedy ... they're the only people I follow who i've noticed it from, and in most of those cases the people 'having a go' at them were being vile, so understandably they responded in a certain fashion. No doubt many, many more.
  • SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan sugar responds to criticism, usually with a torrent of obscenities
    Forum Member
    alan sugar responds to criticism, usually with a torrent of obscenities

Yeh, i forgot about him ... went right off him after his dig at Kirsty Allsop, who I might add i can't stand BUT Sugar was acting like a baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    anthony cotton aka sean tully from corrie tends to go off on one when challenged
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Little point being negative to them - just let them get on with their own lives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    i have never bitched to a celeb on twitter not my style but i have followed celebs who i read about on here ( ds forums ) are more likely to react because i love reading thier tweets when they go off on one lol
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,377
    Forum Member
    I have never been able to work out twitter. How do you find out a persons twitter address? I find face book a hell of a lot easier.
    Forum Member
    I have never been able to work out twitter. How do you find out a persons twitter address? I find face book a hell of a lot easier.

You can just search the name of the 'celebrity' you want to follow in the search box at the top of the page and their twitter name should show up.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont do Twitter but I am thinking of getting an account just so I can slag certain people off because they are so far up their own arses. They need someone to bring them down a peg or two and I think I am the man for the job. So is there content control on Twitter or can I just say what I like?

Am I the only one who thinks this is pathetic? There was a thread the other day asking us to dispense a line of advice for life before we die. I said, if you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything. I would suggest the OP follows this advice and finds something more constructive to do with his time in
  • Finlay ReaderFinlay Reader Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks this is pathetic? There was a thread the other day asking us to dispense a line of advice for life before we die. I said, if you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything. I would suggest the OP follows this advice and finds something more constructive to do with his time in

Ooh..are you R Gervais. <expletive>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    Normally they just block you. Why look up someone's Twitter if you don't even like them, or want to hear what they say?
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I only follow a few people who I like to get info on. I really can't see the point in following just to hurl abuse, if you don't like someone, then don't bother reading about them. Seems very childish.
  • DeSadeDeSade Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Not very mature is it:rolleyes:
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeSade wrote: »
    Not very mature is it:rolleyes:

Glad i'm not the only one thinking this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    You can just search the name of the 'celebrity' you want to follow in the search box at the top of the page and their twitter name should show up.

Then check the number of followers. If they have loads, they will be the real deal. If they don't seem to have very many, in spite of being famous, it will be a fake site.

If you tweet someone very famous they will probably never see your tweet at all. I have seen tweets drop off the page in less than five seconds. I would have thought setting up a twitter account just to post abuse was of limited appeal myself, but plenty of people do it. The celeb will probably never reply, but some of their followers might; this seems to be enough entertainment for some twitter trolls.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend got mentioned in the Metro for slagging off Carol McGiffin. It's his proudest moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoy upsetting incompetent charities on Twitter. I am so intellectual!
  • varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just think how you would react if the situation was reversed and someone called you a <whatever> who was so far up themselves etc. etc. etc.

Would it be "Oh dear, I'll try and not do it again"?

I think not!

It's not only childish as others have said, its not even going to achieve your perceived aim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your aim is to get in the Metro, it might.