Options

What are some of the most memorable and entertaining threads on GD from days gone by?

CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
Forum Member
✭✭
Like the title says! Inspired by the thread about memorable forum members who no longer post here, because I'm a newbie in terms of posting and want to see what some of the fuss is about when people reference memorable threads and posters. So please share any good links in this thread, thanks. :)

Comments

• Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the one about the guy who was complaining about having to stop for the Lollipop man outside the school.
    It ran for ages and people were getting well mad.It was a wind up,but many many people didn't realise.
    A work of art.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just search best threads or various words to that effect
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    I remember the one about the guy who was complaining about having to stop for the Lollipop man outside the school.
    It ran for ages and people were getting well mad.It was a wind up,but many many people didn't realise.
    A work of art.:D

People who reply in earnest to an obvious wind-up and would rather believe the wind-up merchant than those trying to get them to see they've been had really make me laugh. It's like they are so embarrassed at the thought of being proved wrong or are so emotionally invested in some troll drama they don't want anyone to silence it.

I've been taken in by a couple of wind-up merchants but I just laugh it off when I realise I've been had. I don't get people who refuse to listen to reason and continue believing the WUM when it's so obviously fantasist nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just search best threads or various words to that effect

In the most memorable forum members thread I asked if I should start this thread and a few people said to go for it. Sometimes it's hard finding really good or obscure stuff without any pointers.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who reply in earnest to an obvious wind-up and would rather believe the wind-up merchant than those trying to get them to see they've been had really make me laugh. It's like they are so embarrassed at the thought of being proved wrong or are so emotionally invested in some troll drama they don't want anyone to silence it.

I've been taken in by a couple of wind-up merchants but I just laugh it off when I realise I've been had. I don't get people who refuse to listen to reason and continue believing the WUM when it's so obviously fantasist nonsense.

It's dead easy to go 'fishing' on here.Throw in the odd bit of bait here and there,sit back and wait for the biters.

There have been some outrageous wind ups on here.Even involving death,cancer,wife beating.
    Peoples black humour knows no bounds.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the most memorable forum members thread I asked if I should start this thread and a few people said to go for it. Sometimes it's hard finding really good or obscure stuff without any pointers.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=965002&highlight=funniest+threads
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's years old, though...

Oh...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's years old, though...

What about this one from last year.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1657949&highlight=83ray1
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    We had a superb bat about with fox hunting about maybe 10 or 11 years ago, with a guy who called himself Fast Eddie leading the case for the defence. That was one that ran & ran.

And about the same we had a poster called Samuel L who couldn't string together a sentence or spell to save his life, and was a complete petrol-head despite owning a Peugeot diesel that he wrecked in a silly accident that entertained us for weeks.

And again around that time Arthur Grainger used to come on here and tell us how great DAB Radio was and how,it would take over the nation with interactive screen displays that we'd prod with a finger to download recipes, tracks or pictures of our favourite band and how the sound quality was way better than FM (yeah right Arthur) and FM was a dead duck.

Happy days. :)
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cue various mentions of the "homemade colonic irrigation" thread which really wasn't that funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Moila
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    We had a superb bat about with fox hunting about maybe 10 or 11 years ago, with a guy who called himself Fast Eddie leading the case for the defence. That was one that ran & ran.

And about the same we had a poster called Samuel L who couldn't string together a sentence or spell to save his life, and was a complete petrol-head despite owning a Peugeot diesel that he wrecked in a silly accident that entertained us for weeks.

And again around that time Arthur Grainger used to come on here and tell us how great DAB Radio was and how,it would take over the nation with interactive screen displays that we'd prod with a finger to download recipes, tracks or pictures of our favourite band and how the sound quality was way better than FM (yeah right Arthur) and FM was a dead duck.

Happy days. :)

One of the funniest was 83ray1. He got into some hilarious pickles. I still miss him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Cue various mentions of the "homemade colonic irrigation" thread which really wasn't that funny.

And people bumping the threads, just to be in the thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »

Biffo, that was classic.
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    I remember one thread that someone started who believed in Father Christmas. Again that was another classic thread and I really had a good laugh at that thread.
    Ian.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Anything involving housewife, especially her handy tips in the advice section! :D

You ought to check out chat with other Christians, that had affairs and everything. I also vaguely remember something to do with this guy trying to track down these women that were checking him out walking down the street. He decided to pull up the location on google streetview with an 'artists impression' of what happened, which was basically two stick people drawn onto some random street! :D
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    How about the recent ones to do with online Tesco shopping. Surely made up? :)
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone has taken a dump in my garden

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=809030

just reading it now its hilarious
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I liked the one where a guy wrote a huge, long, essay about how he was being stalked and spied on by his neighbours and how he could see footprints on his lawn and thought his phone was being bugged and then, right at the end, slipped in something about being on LSD when it happened.

It went on for about 4 pages before anybody really noticed the end part and realised he was just a paranoid smackhead.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    "Do you sit in the shower" entertained me no end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh...

It's a useful link, don't get me wrong - but there could be lots of comedy between 2009 and 2013 I've missed out on! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a useful link, don't get me wrong - but there could be lots of comedy between 2009 and 2013 I've missed out on! :D

Comedy ended in 2010, the threads mentioned so far are in the link I posted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    "RG11 re-pull" was a classic...