Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 51)

Comments

• Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dirtybits wrote: »
    if c4 dont renew ramseys contract and itv does get him back does this mean hells kitchen would return?

Isn't Hotel Hell a Fox show that C4 just bought because it had Ramsey in the title as opposed to his deal? It was a terrible show mind, formulaic and just like Kitchen Nightmares in a hotel which didn't work.

He's doing a new Kitchen Nightmares in the UK this year too.

Do C4 still have Ruth Watson on a contract? Be better off signing her to do something like this
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Not wanting to support Samuel's earlier conspiracy theory but a few of the Benidorm cast have tweeted they've been told the series will air in October not January

I don't know who said it will air in January in the first place. I suspect it will be broadcast in October, however they are repeating the previous series on Monday at 10.35pm so that could lead in to a January start?
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know who said it will air in January in the first place. I suspect it will be broadcast in October, however they are repeating the previous series on Monday at 10.35pm so that could lead in to a January start?

Granada and the writer Derren Litten said it
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it is an October start, seven episodes mean that it must begin in the week beginning 30th September otherwise it won't finish before I'm a Celebrity.

I think Friday 4th October is looking likely.
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    ITV Media report 1.06m (5.1%) for it between 19:00 and 20:00 on SSA.

Tad disappointing. Only two-thirds of the viewers Andy Murray's US Open triumph got at 2am last September, for example. Don't know how it came across on TV but the atmosphere in the ground was quite sensational. Even Ian Botham appeared with something resembling a smile on his face at one point.

Anything for C5's highlights?
  • Options
    marxavlenmarxavlen Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Hotel Hell a Fox show that C4 just bought because it had Ramsey in the title as opposed to his deal? It was a terrible show mind, formulaic and just like Kitchen Nightmares in a hotel which didn't work.

He's doing a new Kitchen Nightmares in the UK this year too.

Do C4 still have Ruth Watson on a contract? Be better off signing her to do something like this

Source? I've heard nothing about that!

I didn't even know that Ruth Watson was on a contract with Channel 4! Hotel Hell does seem like a bit of a rip-off of Hotel Inspector, but with bucket loads of swearing.
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Baking on a Saturday night might be too dull even for a BBC1 audience used to balls popping and sitting in casualty for hours.

:eek::eek::eek: :D
    if c4 dont renew ramseys contract and itv does get him back does this mean hells kitchen would return?

One of my favourite shows when he was on ITV, Marco wasn't too bad either (although I never liked his Kitchen Wars prog).
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    if that happened to me, i suspect i'd be standing :D

K
    :D

Maybe this is a little known side effect of BBC One's Saturday schedule.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dose anyone have the ratings for lasts nights DOND with the big winner please? Thanks.
  • Options
    dirtybitsdirtybits Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: :D

One of my favourite shows when he was on ITV, Marco wasn't too bad either (although I never liked his Kitchen Wars prog).

as cooking shows seem to be filling up most primetime and itvs attempt with cowell failed badly , reviving hells kitchen could work but if not marco and ramsey only does usa version whos left to do the show?

would like to see a none celeb version in the uk like the usa one not on everynight but once a week at 9pm etc
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if we've learnt one thing on here this afternoon, it's why GeorgeS disappeared for months on end last year - he was recovering from surgery after being forced to sit through one BBC1 Saturday line up too many!

Hope they stitched them back together properly....

By "proper", I meant BBC-made and not a repeat, usually just one show per Saturday in spring and summer: things such as Les Dennis Laughter Show, Bob Says Opportunity Knocks, Kenny Everett, Val Doonican (:rolleyes:), Barrymore's Saturday Night Out.. . :D

I never imagined the "proper" Saturday night show would be the Les Dennis Laughter Show! :eek:

But I see what you mean...
    Not wanting to support Samuel's earlier conspiracy theory but a few of the Benidorm cast have tweeted they've been told the series will air in October not January

What was the "conspiracy theory", out of (only the very vaguest of) interest?
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe this is a little known side effect of BBC One's Saturday schedule.

well it consists of someone with their hands up puppets bums; a load of balls spinning in a drum; a night in casualty and a show that is pointless. And I havent even mentioned the worst bit ;)
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,226
    Forum Member
    as cooking shows seem to be filling up most primetime and itvs attempt with cowell failed badly , reviving hells kitchen could work but if not marco and ramsey only does usa version whos left to do the show?

would like to see a none celeb version in the uk like the usa one not on everynight but once a week at 9pm etc

You've got to be rivkin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    does anyone know if the dish that won food flop glorious food show ever went on sale and if so did it do well for m and s food dept?
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    You've got to be rivkin.
    or his brother jo...?

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    You've got to be rivkin.

rivkin who or what is a rivkin?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    or his brother jo...?

K

Probably even Doris... (if you read through the ITV crisis thread, it became a cult characher :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rivkin who or what is a rivkin?

Have you not read the T&C regarding how your posts must be structured?
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    So moving the The Great British Bake Off was just speculation I thought it was a done deal. I agree that it would have been a ratings hit on Saturday evenings.

5.30 I love my country
    630 Celebrity Pointless
    7.30 Great British Bake Off
    830 Break The Safe
    930 Mrs Browns Boys/ Big School
    10.00 News

Or is that too much of a hard schedule for the scheduling department to work out!

Casualty 9pm Fridays. That Puppet Game Show 5.30 Sundays
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How anyone can seriously suggest Great British Bake Off as suitable for Saturday nights BBC1 is really beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    well it consists of someone with their hands up puppets bums

I don't think puppets have bottoms, George. :)

That's ventriloquists - you know, the sort of acts they get on Britain's Got Talent....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    How anyone can seriously suggest Great British Bake Off as suitable for Saturday nights BBC1 is really beyond me.

To be fair, it didn't look promising when they said they were bringing back Come Dancing, with Bruce Forsyth, and celebrity contestants.

But it's now the top-rated show of the year on Saturdays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know if the dish that won food flop glorious food show ever went on sale and if so did it do well for m and s food dept?

It did go on sale as I've tried it. Very spicy but it does look like a mess with the colour. Expensive though as it was £3.99 without any rise.

No idea if they're still selling it now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »

Remember when BBC One tried Masterchef on Saturday nights? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    andrewskatie143andrewskatie143 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    with autumn telly coming up (finally) what are people looking forward to most and what do we think the ratings stand out dramas will be? Personally, looking forward to by any means (heard great things about it) and bbc1's what remains should be do well.
This discussion has been closed.