Options

Christina Aguilera 'Let There Be Love' video and open letter to fans.

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that's a long letter!! :)

I love the video and how she has done it. Didn't need to be some tacky thing in a studio. Just simple and straight forward.

This song should have always been the first single from Lotus. Saddens me how that album was ****ed over. She has had terrible luck these past few years.

And WOW at how beautiful she looks. :eek: she could pass for 18 again!
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks graet in that video. Still surprised how she lots the weight so fast. She looks happy & MAx dancing is so cute
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she looks amazing, nice simple video great message :)

anyone else think with this video & letter have come as a reply (or due to) to all the Perez / Gags drama?
    whilst they fight it out and X`s name get`s dragged into, she`s simply saying to her fans what the song say`s don`t hate etc... "Let there be love"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    How much do you bet Gaga tweets at Christina about loving the video and supporting her as an artist do try and pass the buck back to Perez
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Cute video. The low budget approach actually keeps/gives warmth to it, whilst a big production studio shoot would probably make it cold and generic. She looks fantastic too.

Regarding the letter, I wouldn't be surprised if this is preceding news that she's changed label and/or management, and that her priorities have changed. It reads as though she's retiring from playing the pop girl game, with her new direction being low key and more personal.

If that's the case, fair play to her. She's experienced the highs and lows of pop, and I think she does need to get out of that space and just focus on the artistry. Make an album she truly loves and stands behind (which has been a major problem with Bionic and Lotus) for the fans, go on a theatre tour and just enjoy things without expectations. Let success come organically.

Hopefully she'll finally ditch dance/pop and focus on creating an interesting and reflective R&B/soul/gospel/blues album. Her voice is perfect for it and it's ridiculous that she doesn't play up to such a strength, and unique selling point among the pop girls.
  • Options
    †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cute video. The low budget approach actually keeps/gives warmth to it, whilst a big production studio shoot would probably make it cold and generic. She looks fantastic too.

Regarding the letter, I wouldn't be surprised if this is preceding news that she's changed label and/or management, and that her priorities have changed. It reads as though she's retiring from playing the pop girl game, with her new direction being low key and more personal.

If that's the case, fair play to her. She's experienced the highs and lows of pop, and I think she does need to get out of that space and just focus on the artistry. Make an album she truly loves and stands behind (which has been a major problem with Bionic and Lotus) for the fans, go on a theatre tour and just enjoy things without expectations. Let success come organically.

Hopefully she'll finally ditch dance/pop and focus on creating an interesting and reflective R&B/soul/gospel/blues album. Her voice is perfect for it and it's ridiculous that she doesn't play up to such a strength, and unique selling point among the pop girls.

Agreed! I have always wanted her to do this, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she has escaped RCA I will run round the garden naked! Bionic was nothing like she wanted it to be and while I do like Lotus it was filled with commercial tracks with the sole intention of appealing to radio. Christina hasn't felt like Christina since B2B. I get the impression her heart was never in Lotus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Is this song new? Don't remember it on Lotus.

Anyway, great video, message and of course song!! Better than Gaga's new song!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    It sounds like she's resigning from being a major popgirl.

She's been screwed around so much, and the last two albums have been under-par, so hopefully she's going for a change and maybe something more organic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I just ADORE this woman and this video proves why.

She's gone back to her good old self. She seems to be determined, optimistic, ready to work hard and passionate about her craft and her music. I'm incredibly happy we got a second video from 'Lotus' in some form! And it's so fun and spontaneous that there really couldn't have been a better way to close the era and have us all ready for what's to come. I have so much faith in her. :)
  • Options
    chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good song and she looks amazing in the video

Love her in the white /red shirt, she looks 7-8 years younger
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Can't believe how good she looks!:eek:

With that and the open letter to the fans, she seems like she is in a happy place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aj_Whiles wrote: »
    Is this song new? Don't remember it on Lotus.

Anyway, great video, message and of course song!! Better than Gaga's new song!

No, its certainty on Lotus :) it's been a fan favourite from the start :)

Does anyone know if this is just a one off video thing? Or getting an actual release? Even if it is this one song. I could see it doing well on music channels do well in the clubs and she could score a reasonable hit with this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think its getting an official release but that's no reason why it couldn't climb on iTunes.

Can't believe its been nearly a year since Lotus! :eek:
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow she's lost so much weight...she looks good
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the song
  • Options
    MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks amazing! But the video kinda made me sad as it shows the potential Lotus had, Your Body was an amazing first single, Blank Page, Let There Be Love, Make The World Move, Just A Fool, could have been great follow ups and if only she got the right support and promo this would have easily gave her an amazing comeback, but still it's clear that Christina's in a great place and its nice that she's happy and feels she doesn't need to be in competition with he other pop girls!