The Island with Bear Grylls - Channel 4

1313233343537»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    And no mention of how they kept the cameras charged for a month.

Perhaps an extension cable attached to the next island along washed up on the beach. Perhaps.
  • Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    qwertyell wrote: »
    And no mention of how they kept the cameras charged for a month.

Perhaps an extension cable attached to the next island along washed up on the beach. Perhaps.

You just need to go to the Channel 4 site and everything is explained (including what they did with the water source, adding extra yuca plants, etc). It is always easier to make assumptions than actually doing something to find out what's already openly disclosed.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-island-with-bear-grylls/videos/all/the-making-of-the-island
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    There is a program called Marooned with Ed Stafford on Discovery, its a much better survival program than this

Just wanted to say thanks for this- I'd never heard of Ed Stafford before but have now watched his show on the desert island having seen this recommendation and I have to agree, it was excellent.

I've now watched his 2nd series too. :)

The other show I would recommend to those who enjoy this kind of thing is Duel Survivor. I think I must be going thorugh a survival show addiction or something at the moment! :D
  • Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    I remember watching Ed Stafford on an island and he was clearly suffering, and he is an expert on survival, so I'm surprise that there are people here thinking this is something easy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    AOTB wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks for this- I'd never heard of Ed Stafford before but have now watched his show on the desert island having seen this recommendation and I have to agree, it was excellent.

I've now watched his 2nd series too. :)

The other show I would recommend to those who enjoy this kind of thing is Duel Survivor. I think I must be going thorugh a survival show addiction or something at the moment! :D

I like Ed's philosophy, he says he wants to thrive wherever he is marooned, rather than just survive, its amazing to see what he puts himself through, and its brilliant to see him make things without any kind of tools.

There are a lot of survival programs on at the moment, there is one called Survive This, where people with different survival skills test each other, they have 100 hours to survive and to find civilisation, another one is Naked and Afraid, i haven't seen it yet but there is a new series coming soon.

I will have to have a look for Dual Survivor :)
  • vickkijvickkij Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    I noticed that Dean was portrayed to be lazy but in the follow up show the showed him helping to make the beds by weaving the leaves and showing others how to do it as well as going out to help with the fishing nets.

I said to my OH at the time that I don't think that was shown at all in the original program. I enjoyed but it does make you wonder how much did we miss?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As usual, great viewing with the accompaniment of this forum :)

Loved Doctor Sam, what an absolutely lovely man ;)

Agreed with you Alrightmate and your post, some of the highlights and craft would have been good to see earlier in the series.

And finally.. when do they make the all female series? :)