Options

Danniella Westbrook

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for her as she's obviously a troubled soul but the born again thing was never going to work as it was just swapping one crutch for another.

It's a real shame she can't seem to sort herself out and live a stable life.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    I feel for her as she's obviously a troubled soul but the born again thing was never going to work as it was just swapping one crutch for another.

It's a real shame she can't seem to sort herself out and live a stable life.

I feel for her too Nyota.:(

All addicts have their demons and I cannot bring myself to condemn her.

There but for the grace of God etc etc.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    i think sam mitchell may be returning to walford again in the not to distant future
  • Options
    80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    I thought she lived in the US now and is a regular church goer always banging on about righteousness and stuff, mentioning God in every sentence to anyone that will listen
  • Options
    summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she also work with that Derek psychic chap a few years ago now in ghost towns lol? Last I heard of her, did read her book years ago have to say it was a very good read, I hope she's ok now.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might be totally off base here, but I'm sure I remember reading that she had scored a Lexus for a year from a dealership who had ?tweeted to her something along the lines of "know a good dealer?"
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    I might be totally off base here, but I'm sure I remember reading that she had scored a Lexus for a year from a dealership who had ?tweeted to her something along the lines of "know a good dealer?"

I read that as well. I think some others may have said to Lexus that it was an inappropriate comment under the circumstances and by way of an apology they loaned her a Lexus for a year.

If Lexus want to make an inappropriate comment to me they are more than welcome.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    cleo petra wrote: »

I think this is more a case of panda eye than black eye, to be honest...
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    I think this is more a case of panda eye than black eye, to be honest...

Jesus wept she looks like she in in her dotage, that's not the face of a 41 yr old but a 71 yr old.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus wept she looks like she in in her dotage, that's not the face of a 41 yr old but a 71 yr old.

Don't do drugs. :(
  • Options
    tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really looks liek Janice Bettersby on those pics.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't look well, that's for sure. Sad.
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    I never had an opinion on her one way or the other but her recent Tweets are a disgrace. She has children who can read all that stuff. She talks about how much family means to her then she should act like she means it. Not to mention if anything goes to court it could easily be thrown out due to her feeling the need to air her dirty laundry in public.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hobbes1966 wrote: »
    I never had an opinion on her one way or the other but her recent Tweets are a disgrace. She has children who can read all that stuff. She talks about how much family means to her then she should act like she means it. Not to mention if anything goes to court it could easily be thrown out due to her feeling the need to air her dirty laundry in public.

I agree. Why don't people get that Twitter is not the place for such behaviour? It's so ridiculous to me that anyone over about 21 would think it's okay to post all this stuff for everyone to see. It makes them look very immature and harder to sympathise with.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    Don't do drugs. :(

I missed the sixties.😜
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate that sneer she has in every picture
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    I read that as well. I think some others may have said to Lexus that it was an inappropriate comment under the circumstances and by way of an apology they loaned her a Lexus for a year.

If Lexus want to make an inappropriate comment to me they are more than welcome.

I read their comment to her, and as someone who has worked in motor dealers, what they said to her didn't quite make sense in the context of the conversation.

I have no doubt that whoever managed their twitter feed tried to make a play on words deliberately, hoping they could say they'd been misconstrued after the event if anyone picked up on it.

I suspect that person no longer manages their social media accounts...
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least she has a job now, even if it is just as a barmaid, unlike Katona who's gone bankrupt more times than I care to remember and still hasn't gone out to work.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I look forward to more sneering, but hopefully no more TV appearances
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danniella looks really shocking in those pictures, and has aged so much that she looks about 20 years older than her actual age, and to think she used to be quite pretty once. Well, it's no surprise she looks like that, what with all the years of drug abuse - it's obviously taken it's devastating toll on her, she is a real mess now.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    I agree. Why don't people get that Twitter is not the place for such behaviour? It's so ridiculous to me that anyone over about 21 would think it's okay to post all this stuff for everyone to see. It makes them look very immature and harder to sympathise with.

I agree - people who are so unstable and whose lives are so volatile on a daily basis really should not go on twitter at all. They are not doing themselves any favours airing their dirty linen in public for all to read.

It is a sign of immaturity and desperation for sympathy - and they don't seem to realise that a dignified silence has more impact.

After reading her book and seeing her interviewed several times I have always had a soft spot for Daniella because she takes it on the chin and takes full responsibility for her actions and the mess she creates for herself. If anything - she seems to have a downer on herself and a real sense of shame about the impact its all had on her family.

Its a shame that her marriage has broken up as that seemed to have given her a sense of security and happiness for several years. To be back in this situation in your 40s is far harder than in your 20s - I would have thought.