Simon Cowell/Dannii Mingoue Yawn

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
Forum Member
✭✭
This is getting so out of hand.She had to open Next at the new shopping center with that male model.She also had to say goodbye to her sister who was leaving early next day for Latin America.Why do they stir such rubbish speculation.? I am defending her not as any fan,I do not even know her music much but as she has been made scapegoat and is getting so much nasty press.I tend to defend anyone who is made an underdog unfairly

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a134329/simon-cowell-unhappy-with-diva-dannii.html

Comments

• Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    It's probably just nothing more than the X Factor publicity machine working overtime. Any publicity is good publicity, or so they say. I'm not sure Jonathan Ross or Russell Brand would agree with that at the moment........

That said, I think the press have got their claws into Dannii.... how dare she not be the new girl on the block anymore and how dare she be 12 years older than Cheryl Cole :rolleyes:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Dannii on X Factor - at least she doesn't burst into tears every time someone tells them their hamster has just died etc...

Sounds like Cowell expects everyone to dance to his tune. I quite like him - but why was he given a 'special recognition' award? All he's done is churn out the same interminable nonsense ad nauseam, Grease is the Word, X-Factor etc.. Hardly ground breaking stuff:yawn:
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the original article it ends with:
    A spokesman for The X Factor said: "Dannii did not join the other judges for dinner because she had to be up at 4.30am."
    Not much of a story then is it? :confused:

They even planned on having it as a front page news but ditched it for 'Simon Cowell & Terri Seymour has split'
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not particularly a Dannii fan. In fact, I've heard plenty of stories about her which suggests she's not that nice, but I still find it offensive the way in which she's being picked on.

I'm in a general sense of dispair with how many people seem to be showing no ability or inclination to actually question what they read lately. I would normally moan about the press for thinking we are all stupid for printing such silly stories, but unfortunately there isn't any doubt that there is a market for it.
    Forum Member
    I like Dannii on X Factor - at least she doesn't burst into tears every time someone tells them their hamster has just died etc...

Sounds like Cowell expects everyone to dance to his tune. I quite like him - but why was he given a 'special recognition' award? All he's done is churn out the same interminable nonsense ad nauseam, Grease is the Word, X-Factor etc.. Hardly ground breaking stuff:yawn:

I like Simon Cowell but the only outstanding contribution he's made is to himself and his bank balance! He certainly hasn't added anything to British pop music..... oh, except for Take That!
    marianner wrote: »
    In the original article it ends with:
    A spokesman for The X Factor said: "Dannii did not join the other judges for dinner because she had to be up at 4.30am."
    Not much of a story then is it? :confused:

They even planned on having it as a front page news but ditched it for 'Simon Cowell & Terri Seymour has split'

Along with the continued harrassment of JR & RB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I'm not particularly a Dannii fan. In fact, I've heard plenty of stories about her which suggests she's not that nice, but I still find it offensive the way in which she's being picked on.

I'm in a general sense of dispair with how many people seem to be showing no ability or inclination to actually question what they read lately. I would normally moan about the press for thinking we are all stupid for printing such silly stories, but unfortunately there isn't any doubt that there is a market for it.

That to me is the same as tabloids, someone saying she's not nice is just as much of a nasty rumours as they print in the gossip magazines.
    It couldn't be further from the truth.

I think they pick on her because, she's gorgeous but also because they can't get to her. She doesn't care, so it's ends up being a fight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe it. I can't see Simon being upset at her not showing up at his little party, and Simon has been known to make joking comments about people being divas before.
    Forum Member
    That to me is the same as tabloids, someone saying she's not nice is just as much of a nasty rumours as they print in the gossip magazines.

I think they pick on her because, she's gorgeous but also because they can't get to her. She doesn't care, so it's ends up being a fight.

I had a friend who was a big Dannii fan and he met her years ago at some signing. He said she was lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    I had a friend who was a big Dannii fan and he met her years ago at some signing. He said she was lovely.

She is a sweetheart :)
    She writes personal letters to almost all her fans, it may take months to get it but you do get a reply.
    she's awesome :cool:

And she's alsways posing for her fans @ the X Factor studios and she even invited some backstage just recently, one of my friends being one of them :D
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, it's not the same.

I was actually pointing out that even to a non-fan it's obvious she's being stitched up and even though I don't have any particular reason to stick up for her, I think the behaviour of the journalists is pathetic.

I'm not going to get into a debate on whether or not Dannii is lovely, because the point is that it isn't relevant. Even if she can be a b*tch sometimes doesn't make it any better for there to be such shoddy journalism.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just more cheap publicity for The X Factor.

Cowell must be getting worried, especially now that his beloved TV show got beaten by 'that lot' from Strictly Come Dancing!!

I actually think Dannii comes across OK. Unlike Cheryl Cole, who sits meekly at Simon's side during the live shows, agreeing with everything he says.

How Cowell got a special recognition award I'll never know. 'Special recognition' for his bank balance, I presume??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    No, it's not the same.

I was actually pointing out that even to a non-fan it's obvious she's being stitched up and even though I don't have any particular reason to stick up for her, I think the behaviour of the journalists is pathetic.

I'm not going to get into a debate on whether or not Dannii is lovely, because the point is that it isn't relevant. Even if she can be a b*tch sometimes doesn't make it any better for there to be such shoddy journalism.

I'd agree with that and they're often single her out.
    What I meant about her being 'lovely' or not is just that.
    She's human, I don't think she's always happy, I mean, who is?

But the way they pick on her in the press is just ridiculous, it's un-human and no living person could live up to the perfected image she's is supposed to be or she's toast.

And about Simon, he's very quiet this year.
    I have a feeling he doesn't want to be involved much this year.
    Forum Member
    I'd agree with that and they're often single her out.
    What I meant about her being 'lovely' or not is just that.
    She's human, I don't think she's always happy, I mean, who is?

But the way they pick on her in the press is just ridiculous, it's un-human and no living person could live up to the perfected image she's is supposed to be or she's toast.

And about Simon, he's very quiet this year.
    I have a feeling he doesn't want to be involved much this year.

It's nice to hear that Dannii's so good to her fans.... lovely. It's always refreshing to hear things like that.

As for Simon, he might be embarrassed by the lack of talent on there this year. It's very low, IMO..... with there really only being about 4 good acts...... all girls! :D
  • moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its yet more rubbish spin from the x factor publicity machine. I suppose they are getting desperate now that they got beaten by SCD at the NTA's:rolleyes:

They must think we were born yesterday anyone can see what they are doing. Go in the x factor forum and read about people who have been to the live shows and how they talk about witnessing the judges getting on fine.

If its not bloody sob stories its stories about the judges falling out/hating each other etc etc. Its getting a bit ridiculous. People would still watch the show without all this hype.
  • moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its yet more rubbish spin from the x factor publicity machine. I suppose they are getting desperate now that they got beaten by SCD at the NTA's:rolleyes:

They must think we were born yesterday anyone can see what they are doing. Go in the x factor forum and read about people who have been to the live shows and how they talk about witnessing the judges getting on fine.

If its not bloody sob stories its stories about the judges falling out/hating each other etc etc. Its getting a bit ridiculous. People would still watch the show without all this hype.