How long does it take you to travel to work?

13»

Comments

• kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 minutes by bicycle :D
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Why not walk all the way from home then?

Because it's 2 miles away.
  • J B OddsocksJ B Oddsocks Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live 7 miles from work so 15-20 minute drive usually. Dual carriageway and then a bit of town traffic
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forty miles each way, so an hour in the (v early) morning, and anyone can guess in the evenings. The evening fluctuates depending on the M1, Hanger Lane (:eek:) and just about every road in London locally. Sometimes they can be empty, the next day they're gridlocked.

I tried public transport, but the combination of bus + tube + mainline train, then another bus or taxi at the other end made it impossible sadly.
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 25-30 mins walk. 10 mins there by cycle and 20 mins back (up hill!).

That's about 5 mins in the car.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work from home so it takes me about 10 seconds.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Because it's 2 miles away.

I walk 3 miles, so 2 would be a doddle.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It takes ten minutes for me to walk to my work. Occasionally, I get the bus, if it's lashing rain. That takes twenty minutes, what with the looooony one way system.
    I like the walk and pretty often in the summer, I take a detour and walk home along the beach and have a paddle, if the tide's out. If the tide's in, I cut my losses and have an ice cream, instead.

I spent years working as a sales rep, so I'd be in the car for hours and hours and sodding hours at a stretch. Give me a paddle and an ice cream any day. :D
  • DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    15 minutes in the car. 2.5 hours by train. No buses go that way, and you can bugger off if I am going to walk.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cycle 8 miles to work, half an hour to get there, cos it's downhill, forty minutes to get home though, uphill all the way. I'm as fit as a flea though, and I'm saving £70 a month on busfares.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »

Why walk, if you can afford to drive? Sod walking 30 mins each way, in our crappy weather. I'm lucky as I am only 4/5 mins walk from work, but if I were 2/3 miles, I'd drive most of the time.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    45 minutes driving if not rush hour. Anything from 1 hours to 1 hr 45 mins in rush hour.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About forty minutes in the morning traffic.

I could do it in under an hour on my bike before the bloody farmer blocked the path off. :mad:
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as it takes me to stumble from my bedroom, across the hall, to my office :D
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »

Good for you, I'll take the car any day.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work about 80 miles away from my house, so depending on traffic it's about two hours. Luckily I live within two miles of the motorway junction, and work is a straight run up the motorway.