Far Cry 4

Comments

• Billy BunterBilly Bunter Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Finally unlocked the northern part of the map. Subsequently died several times trying climb up the 1st bell tower and turned it off in a huff. Still love the game though!!

Really enjoying the trips to the snowy mountainous areas and escaping from the prison was great. That took me quite a few efforts before I realised there were knives available right near the start.

I really hate those hunter enemies though.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Finally unlocked the northern part of the map. Subsequently died several times trying climb up the 1st bell tower and turned it off in a huff. Still love the game though!!
    If you're having trouble with any of the towers (they seem a tad harder than the ones in FC3) then the easy/cheatie answer is to land a Buzzer on the radio transmitter floor and do them that way. Takes a bit of precision landing, and a couple of the tower's transmitter floors are slightly above the Buzzer's ceiling, but if you're quick and deft even they can be done with one.

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    Mark A wrote: »
    If you're having trouble with any of the towers (they seem a tad harder than the ones in FC3) then the easy/cheatie answer is to land a Buzzer on the radio transmitter floor and do them that way. Takes a bit of precision landing, and a couple of the tower's transmitter floors are slightly above the Buzzer's ceiling, but if you're quick and deft even they can be done with one.

Regards

Mark

It seems that's my only option for the one remaining tower. Its the one just in the North part of the map, to the right of the big bridge. I get to the highest point I possibly can but just can't see how I get to the next 'climb' ledge. Tried landing the Buzzer but its too high, and I've not been quick or accurate enough to get out without falling to my death!
    Forum Member
    Tried landing the Buzzer but its too high, and I've not been quick or accurate enough to get out without falling to my death!
    Perhaps if went easier on the pies?

Regards

Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone up for a quick game on Co-op on PS4, I'm looking at get the Co-op trophies out the way
    Forum Member
    Mark A wrote: »
    Perhaps if went easier on the pies?

Regards

Mark

Quite spooky reading this just as I'm consuming a mince pie!! :blush:
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Anyone up for a quick game on Co-op on PS4, I'm looking at get the Co-op trophies out the way

Oddly enough I finally got round to installing it on my PS3 specifically so I could play co-op with my brother, only to find out you can't even play co-op till you've finished all of Act One, which was somewhat irritating. Still, only took me about thirty minutes, being a seasoned player of FC4 on the PC.

Regards

Mark
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of the main missions are highlighted on the map :confused:

Shouldn't there be a current objective marker on the map?

Totally confused about what to do or where to go now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of the main missions are highlighted on the map :confused:

Shouldn't there be a current objective marker on the map?

Totally confused about what to do or where to go now!

There should be a yellow crossed swords icon or a letter A, S or W with L & Y as side missions. It could be much clearer.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of all things I had the most trouble with one of the earlier missions, the one where you have to destroy the wolves den.

I did not realise you needed to use a flame arrow to destroy the den...I kept using exploding arrows and blowing myself up! For what seemed like such a simple task it seemed to take me ages...plus I always had trouble with those damn wolves, very hard to fend them off and actually kill them, especially with the arrows. They didn't seem to have much effect unless they were almost on top of you.

Anyway, got past that finally and took out my first tower, actually not that difficult.

The more I progress through the game, the more it reminds me of Just Cause 2...
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of all things I had the most trouble with one of the earlier missions, the one where you have to destroy the wolves den.

I did not realise you needed to use a flame arrow to destroy the den...I kept using exploding arrows and blowing myself up! For what seemed like such a simple task it seemed to take me ages...plus I always had trouble with those damn wolves, very hard to fend them off and actually kill them, especially with the arrows. They didn't seem to have much effect unless they were almost on top of you.

Anyway, got past that finally and took out my first tower, actually not that difficult.

]The more I progress through the game, the more it reminds me of Just Cause 2...

Smaller animals only take one arrow to the dome to take down. Double animal hide bonus for killing with the bow. Try to take out a few while hidden to thin the ranks when facing packs. For CQB you can't go wrong with a shotgun.
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else with the Xbox One version experienced it freezing up and having to quit out? (Digital version) or is this just another thing wrong with my dire box?
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That City of Pain mission where you had to sneak in the warehouse onto a truck, free 3 slaves then kidnap some guy was a right pain, it almost made me want to quit the game for good lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    That City of Pain mission where you had to sneak in the warehouse onto a truck, free 3 slaves then kidnap some guy was a right pain, it almost made me want to quit the game for good lol.

That was mission messed up for me, it had a checkpoint as I died which meant the game didn't know which objective to load and I had to start it again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've now got the platinum trophy on this so it'll be going the journey. I've been under the map far too many times to mention in this buggy mess and I've played the multiplayer for the first time tonight.... does anybody enjoy that. One side with guns and the other with bow and arrows? I loved FC3 but this has been a bit of a chore.
    Forum Member
    Well, finally done all the collectables - all the masks, all the prayer wheels, all the lost letters, all the unknown locations. Bought all the maps and also thanks to the masks now have unlimited helpers if I want them, though I've not used them once in the whole playthrough. The only thing I've got left to do are pretty much the racing side missions, which never really interested me but I guess I'll do them just for completest's sake. Somehow I also never hijacked any lorries so I've not unlocked one of the signature weapons, also not bothered to get to level 10 in the area so I'm just two weapons short of getting them all. I've even completely tricked out the family homestead with all upgrades. Two or three of them are actually worth having as they give you access to some easy gear.

Maybe I should just restart the game from scratch? Which I'm pretty much doing on my PS3 so I can do co-op with my bro. Irritatingly, I have to wait for him to also complete the first act too so co-op will unlock at his end as well. He's hopeless so it could take some time.

Regards

Mark
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    I need some help unlocking a location, the ? appears and I have run over it a few times and it is not unlocking, so I am thinking it is underground but I can't find the entrance.

It's in the north of north Kyrat, where green meets brown to the right of Trethewey's cabin, there is a small river (which can be seen on the map) with a lot of rocks and a couple of short waterfalls which are south to the location and some very high hills to the north of the location.

Can anyone help with with this one?
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    I need some help unlocking a location, the ? appears and I have run over it a few times and it is not unlocking, so I am thinking it is underground but I can't find the entrance.

It's in the north of north Kyrat, where green meets brown to the right of Trethewey's cabin, there is a small river (which can be seen on the map) with a lot of rocks and a couple of short waterfalls which are south to the location and some very high hills to the north of the location.

Can anyone help with with this one?

Does it let you place a marker on the "?" that would usually give an indication if it's underground or high up etc. If not then perhaps another bug
    Forum Member

Do you mean Kyra's Solitude at X:630, Y:790?

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    It is Kyra's Solitude, I have now found it.

When I went to get the coordinates, I decided to look at the marker and when I got there I saw that it was actually in the air, too high to jump so I used the wing suit and it unlocked when I went over it.

Thanks for the help, I probably wouldn't have noticed that it was actually in the air if I hadn't gone to purposely look at the marker.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    It is Kyra's Solitude, I have now found it.

When I went to get the coordinates, I decided to look at the marker and when I got there I saw that it was actually in the air, too high to jump so I used the wing suit and it unlocked when I went over it.

Thanks for the help, I probably wouldn't have noticed that it was actually in the air if I hadn't gone to purposely look at the marker.

Your Welcome :D
    Forum Member
    The Buzzer is the best bet for location hunting.

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    Well, that's aggravating! There's one final location (X:642, Y:674) that will not unlock as the location set point is apperantly set below the bottom of the river bed (according to my quick google on the subject). There's a sunken truck there with a few loot chests and a mask, which no matter how often you visit will not reveal the location's name. Also, rather oddly there's an instant death trigger somewhere by the back of the truck cab that I can't for the life of me see what's so lethal. Annoying as it's the one and only thing left to do. Doh!

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    I think that is the location that I was trying to unlock last night, I don't have my game open so can't get the coordinates, but there was a truck, a mask and a few chests next to a lot of rock under water, I can't get to the marker at all.

Is there a bonus for unlocking all locations? Am we going to be missing out on anything by not being able to unlock it?
    Forum Member
    No, location identification doesn't count against anything other than you're own satisfaction. And yes, that's the location that won't unlock.

Regards

Mark