Options

Best place to sell retro consoles?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, i'm looking to sell my retro consoles today including N64, SNES and PS1.
Best place would probably be online but i don't have time for that, i'm going to sell them today so what is the best place on the high street to sell them (money-wise) ?

Gae? Gamestation? C.E.X?

Comments

• Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should really do it online.

As you're not wanting to, you are going to get only a few pound. It's not worth it. In answer to your question though, phone around and ask.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Intrested to know how you done?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took your advice and didn't take them out with me, i did ask around the stores though and they were offering around 6 quid for a N64, no thanks.

Where's the best place to sell online? Do you have to pay a fee for selling on sites like ebay? Cheers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eBay is your best bet really, as more people on there. There is fees, I thinks it's 10% eBay and 3% Paypal is using.

I'm actually surprised you got offered £6 from a high st shop. :eek:

Good luck.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    yeah go on Ebay, i brought a PS1 with 10 games and all accessories on there for £35 :o

ebay is the best to sell stuff like this as you get people like me who want to buy retro consoles :)
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    As aforementioned eBay is your best bet. It's worth trying on Amazon too though. You will have to pay seller fees on either site but you'll still get considerably more than you would by trading your stuff in.

How much would you want for your SNES btw? I'd consider buying it from you if the price is right. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much would you want for your SNES btw? I'd consider buying it from you if the price is right. :)

I'm not sure, just comparing prices on ebay, the snes' seem to be going for a lot more than the n64's for some daft reason?

Feel free to make an offer in the meantime.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure, just comparing prices on ebay, the snes' seem to be going for a lot more than the n64's for some daft reason?

If you still have it I would give you £30 for it. I presume it has the leads and a controller, and that it's fully working?

Sorry for the late reply btw.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

snes are quite desirable, the console has a huge following....still.

the N64, well...good console but very misunderstood, 1.e. nobody wants them

i would buy one just to play pilotwings again though