Riot in Tottenham!

WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Getting reports on Twitter of a riot in Tottenham, with two police cars on fire!

http://twitpic.com/6215oq

http://twitpic.com/6214tx

Comments

• GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Beeb are carrying the story now, Its all to do with the man that was shot by police a few days ago.
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hardly the most unbiased person speaking to the bbc now
  • belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow...didnt know Spurs wanted to keep Modric that much.......
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a chap (MP) on the telly last night saying there were going to be riots because of the shooting.

Why they have the need to riot I have no idea, but when I heard him say it last night I thought he was a complete and utter twunt, giving them stupid ideas.

ETA: Quite frankly, I'd shoot the bloody rioters.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    related to someone that died in a shooting on Thursday apparently.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's all we need, more public spending down the drain sorting a load of idiots out and the aftermath!!
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    jojo01 wrote: »
    There was a chap (MP) on the telly last night saying there were going to be riots because of the shooting.

Why they have the need to riot I have no idea, but when I heard him say it last night I thought he was a complete and utter twunt, giving them stupid ideas.

I doubt they needed anyone speaking on TV to give them the idea. It's not as if it's the first time there have been riots over police action or inaction.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My inlaws live in Tottenham.

Husband just calling his sister now.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it tells us the intelligence of the rioters, a man shoots at a policeman with intent to cause loss of life , thats ok, police shoot back at man and kill him thats an excuse for a riot.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously the police are in the wrong because some idiot shot at them & they killed him!!! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Well it tells us fo the intelligence of the rioters, a man shoots at a policeman with intent to cause loss of life , thats ok, police shoot back at man and kill him thats an excuse for a riot.

You credit them with intelligence, albeit at a low level. I wouldn't even give them that!
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky news reports "significant disorder" in Tottenham.

"The police have been braced for some kind of backlash"

"Police station in the area has been attacked"
  • jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a friend living near Seven Sisters.

He's claiming it's because they're outraged about the polar bear getting away with murder. He's got a point. A black bear would have been treated more harshly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the reason why kettling was invented.

Thick shites who have no respect for anyone else or their property need to be rounded up like the animals they are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Outside the police station on the High Road, With the photos being taken up from Bruce Grove
  • grah2702grah2702 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is where our troops wasting their time in Afghanistan would come in useful.
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this a thread that for the first time people will not place blame on the police
  • grah2702grah2702 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    is this a thread that for the first time people will not place blame on the police

A very rare thing but there is bound to be one soon.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »

Dont hold your breath :D
  • belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get 'Arry Redknap on the streets to sort it. He'll wheel an' deel with the people to stop rioting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    Obviously the police are in the wrong because some idiot shot at them & they killed him!!! :rolleyes:

If only the police would just stop trying to enforce the law all the time!
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    grah2702 wrote: »
    This is where our troops wasting their time in Afghanistan would come in useful.

We have police trained to handle this sort of thing, why would we bring the armed forces into it? Are you suggesting that we use the armed forces to kill our own people?
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt that the shooting of a man is the full story. People don't riot over one incident. There's probably more to it than we know at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what it'll be like when I'm back at work tomorrow - I work for the LAS, based close to Tottenham. Will check the news now.
  • camercamer Posts: 5,237
    Forum Member
    grah2702 wrote: »

Not needed, a properly trained and equipped police force could easily sort the problem out.
This discussion has been closed.