Double Standards???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
Forum Member
✭✭
The Misha supporters on here make me laugh.
I there is any negative press about her it is dismissed as "typical Sun/Mail lies" and people who link to it or appear to believe it are branded trolls or bullies. However, if the same papers print anything positive about Misha it's then heralded as the truth and demonstrates that she's the new Princess Di. It really is quite comical.

Comments

• Bear TraderBear Trader Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wit tank wrote: »
    I there is any negative press about her it is dismissed as "typical Sun/Mail lies" and people who link to it or appear to believe it are branded trolls or bullies. However, if the same papers print anything positive about Misha it's then heralded as the truth and demonstrates that she's the new Princess Di. It really is quite comical.

Same thing with Little Mix fans
  • Logan TomLogan Tom Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Same thing with Little Mix fans

Little Mix fans seem the worse.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    There's always double standards on here, and there always will be, welcome to DS :D
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the case in a lot of situations. See any negative article about Cheryl Cole in the papers and some people on here believe it in a second. A positive article about her and it's 'don't believe everything you read in the papers'. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Logan Tom wrote: »

Actually you are right!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spindiddly wrote: »
    That's the case in a lot of situations. See any negative article about Cheryl Cole in the papers and some people on here believe it in a second. A positive article about her and it's 'don't believe everything you read in the papers'. :rolleyes:

Another true post - I gather that typical Anti Cheryl posters are Misha B and Kelly fans. Something to do with the toilet attendant and Gamu ;)
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually you are right!

Actually you are wrong.
  • The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double standards and DS go hand in hand I am afraid. I might even have been guilty of it the past but that seems to be the way it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Logan Tom wrote: »

Since when were they prounced as arrogant or horrible by anybody?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another true post - I gather that typical Anti Cheryl posters are Misha B and Kelly fans. Something to do with the toilet attendant and Gamu ;)

I think most DS posters are anti Cheryl Cole
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

some times the truth hurts

well tanked great thread
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How exactly is she the new Princess Di?

An explanation would be nice as i can't see any comparisons to be drawn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

not all ,

Shers been sorely missed this year
  • M_apple5M_apple5 Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair LM fans have the two biggest trolls.
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Most of the people moaning about "excessive hate/any criticism whatsoever" of one contestant are always the first to tear into other contestants. So tedious...
  • proclaimerxproclaimerx Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    you can tell this forum is mostly female on by the level of bitching at the slightest thing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you can tell this forum is mostly female on by the level of bitching at the slightest thing :D

think this thread needs a song to gets us out of the black !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxzmu-4SQe8
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the people who blindly believe any bad press about Misha (or any other contestant)? And those who bang on about how allowances should be made for the behavior of one contestant because she's 16/17, while criticising another contestant of the same age and forgetting that Misha is only 19, so is also a teenager.

All newspaper stories should be taken with a pinch of salt, but this is a discussion forum, so it's natural for people to want to discuss them and express opinions. I'd also add that the reason people do get angry about anti stories is that, unlike pro stories, they can turn the public against a contestant - and when the contestant is in a competition that involves a public vote, it's worrying to see negative stories about particular contestants.

I find it distasteful that the X-Factor have allowed a constant stream of negative stories to leak out about Misha. It's one thing putting out stories about contestant rivalries and petty squabbles, but this year we've had accusations of Misha bullying people/being difficult, Johnny being a benefit fraudster and Kitty being racist. These are accusations that can ruin lives, because sadly, mud sticks. The X-Factor have a duty of care to their contestants and that should include stopping this stream of crap. They really have crossed the line this year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Erm what about certain Kitty fans believing everything they read in the papers about Misha, yet point blank refusing to believe the stories about the racism allegations and was demonising the same tabloids for "always making up lies and printing rubbish"?

Like as been mentioned before OP, double standards are everywhere on this forum, not just where you want them to be :rolleyes:
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member

Quoted for truth. :D
  • lollop961lollop961 Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Amelia and Little Mix fans are worse.....infact JANET fans were the worst for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the double standards are across the board, and that's human nature in a lot of ways. But it's important to recognise that it isn't just one particular group - I don't doubt you could go through the fan base for all the acts on the show and find an element of double standards therein.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member

Not me, I thought she was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    How exactly is she the new Princess Di?
    She's car crash television?