Weight Loss Thread - 2013 Edition

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Well done ! Doctors are never good at weighing I find. And not too good at encouraging me to lose weight, in fact in the past have knocked me off course several times so I gave up. Now doing this myself ignoring them I am finally succeeding.

Doctors are rubbish at weight advice I've found.

They concentrate far too much on BMI, and we all know that it's a load of rubbish.

If you eat healthy food and don't look overweight then there is no problem.
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Ginger nut eaten after midday shopping venture. 45kcal.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »
    Ginger nut eaten after midday shopping venture. 45kcal.

Hope you enjoyed it WF ! and 45 doesn't sound too bad for a treat !
    Forum Member
    Hope you enjoyed it WF ! and 45 doesn't sound too bad for a treat !

I did enjoy it. But I'm sure there was another brand of gingernuts which had even fewer calories per biscuit.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never be afraid to come back to this thread we are genuinely all in this journey together and if anyone can help you they will. TBH it has kept me going in the right direction now since it started.

I guess we're all in the same boat aren't we :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes we are and no one will judge you I promise, we all stick together here and support each other.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people tell you that you've lost enough weight and don't need to lose anymore? I know they mean well but I still have another 28lbs to lose so it's blatantly not true!

In the last two weeks I have gained 4lbs and hand on heart I have no clue as to why, I'm sticking to my calorie allowance of 1,300, I'm walking and cycling every single day. Last sunday I cycled over 19 miles, got weighed the next morning and had gained a pound. I'm really cheesed off and feel like throwing my scales through the bathroom window.

This last 2stone is proving really hard to lose and I feel so despondent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i'm still doing well :)

Weighed myself Wednesday and i lost 3lb :)..i shall wait now till Wednesday again..i hope to see another difference..Still walking and eating less..I still enjoying it too :p..i did put a pound back on but i think that was down to the lasagne i had Sat night :D.i have a mini lasagne for tea tonight :D
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I weighed myself last week and have lost 2lbs, even though the week before I was eating so much junk, I have had two weeks off work and that is deadly, fry ups, meals out with starters, puddings and enormous main courses. Both my Dad's and my partner's birthday so that involved eating lots of cake and as I was the one that made them I couldn't really not have some. I am hoping that now I am back at work it's not going to start going wrong again though.
    I really need help to lose weight!! I have come back from my sisters wedding and seen the pictures of me in my bridesmaid dress - I'm 1 of 2 - and looked so fat, it bringing tears to me eyes ahaha (first world problems) but I don't want to look like anymore and feel like this, I started walking 6 out of 7 days before we left for the wedding last Saturday and I enjoy that but think I need to have other exercise to keep me motivated and to mix it up a bit but what would anyone recommend? I cannot run, so please don't suggest that, joined a running club 2 years ago and just couldn't do it. Is Zumba any good?

I know how you feel, I saw a photo of me recently and I look awful. I just think who is this massive lump and want to hide for days afterwards. I have to lose weight because I don't want to be a fat bride surrounded by slim bridesmaids.

I do a lot of walking for exercise, I can't run my boobs are too big for that even with a sports bra on it's uncomfortable. So we walk round a lake because once we start we may as well finish it, it's 4.5 miles round the lake but we go a bit further as we go up and walk round the top. I do it with my partner so I have company which makes it easier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people tell you that you've lost enough weight and don't need to lose anymore? I know they mean well but I still have another 28lbs to lose so it's blatantly not true!

In the last two weeks I have gained 4lbs and hand on heart I have no clue as to why, I'm sticking to my calorie allowance of 1,300, I'm walking and cycling every single day. Last sunday I cycled over 19 miles, got weighed the next morning and had gained a pound. I'm really cheesed off and feel like throwing my scales through the bathroom window.

This last 2stone is proving really hard to lose and I feel so despondent.

You are gaining weight because you are building muscle and retaining water due to fluid intake when working out.

It's annoying I know, but overall you are actually getting slimmer!

I wake up some days convinced I've gained weight because I feel heavier than a few days ago, but to find I've lost 3 pounds!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I really hate my body and I really want to shed fat. I am sixteen and weigh eight stone (is this bad?). Today I went for a walk for an hour and did some light exercise for about 20 minutes. Basically, is what I'm doing right, can you recommend me something. I don't really want to go to a gym because I am very self conscious.

Thank you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how tall you are 8 stone is fine for anyone less than about 5 feet 10 inches I believe.
    Forum Member
    Well done to everyone who has lost weight.

SexiRokStar - you might want to go to your doctor and get some advice on your weight and what (if anything) you might want to do about it. Doctors don't always get it right, but it's certainly worth asking. We're here for support once you've worked out what you would like to do.

I'm not a fitness expert. But, walking for 20 minutes then doing some light exercise sounds like a general good idea whether you need to lose weight or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are gaining weight because you are building muscle and retaining water due to fluid intake when working out.

It's annoying I know, but overall you are actually getting slimmer!

I wake up some days convinced I've gained weight because I feel heavier than a few days ago, but to find I've lost 3 pounds!

That may be true, I'm doing an awful lot of cycling and my weight keeps creeping up. I don't think this heat helps, I feel puffier and heavier.
    Forum Member
    That may be true, I'm doing an awful lot of cycling and my weight keeps creeping up. I don't think this heat helps, I feel puffier and heavier.

What's happening to your waist size and the size of clothing that you wear?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how tall you are 8 stone is fine for anyone less than about 5 feet 10 inches I believe.

I am roughly 5.5 feet tall
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to everyone who has lost weight.

SexiRokStar - you might want to go to your doctor and get some advice on your weight and what (if anything) you might want to do about it. Doctors don't always get it right, but it's certainly worth asking. We're here for support once you've worked out what you would like to do.

I'm not a fitness expert. But, walking for 20 minutes then doing some light exercise sounds like a general good idea whether you need to lose weight or not.

Thanks, I will look into seeing a doctor.
    Forum Member
    I am roughly 5.5 feet tall

At 8stone, or 112lbs, and 5'5" tall, that gives you a BMI of 18.6. Normal weight range is between 18.5 and 24.9. and hence you're at the bottom end of the normal weight range, getting close to underweight. But your doctor can give you more precise advice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At 8stone, or 112lbs, and 5'5" tall, that gives you a BMI of 18.6. Normal weight range is between 18.5 and 24.9. and hence you're at the bottom end of the normal weight range, getting close to underweight. But your doctor can give you more precise advice.

Ok thank you, I did want to see a doctor about some other personal issues so this is good!
    Forum Member
    I've been to the gym tonight, and weighed myself.

:shock: About 74.5kg, compared to a target of 77kg. But on Tuesday I was over 78kg, which was slightly overweight. That was on the 9th, so six days ago. I don't believe I've lost about 3.5kg, or over 7lbs in only six days. It can't be actual fat weight that I've lost, so I'm presuming I've lost water weight due to the warmer weather and increased perspiration, or something. With me running outside more, I've only been going to the gym once a week or so, and hence don't weigh myself often. I'm going to go back to eating a bit more, but I'm thinking that I need to bite the bullet and buy some scales for home, so that I can weigh myself whenever I want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's happening to your waist size and the size of clothing that you wear?

Waist is about the same but jeans are definitely looser around the legs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One pound loss this week, but starting Saturday I am joining my husband in a juice fast, he is aiming for 60 days but I am hoping to just through a week LOL

Quite inspired by Joe Cross on his show, doesn't look easy but he has cleared a serious disease with juicing and we are hoping to get rid of migraines (me) and fatigue, skin rashes and headaches (husband). Will report any changes as they happen !
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just wanted to post this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/wamdue/weight_zps1764c75b.jpg

15 months ago, I was 22 stone.
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    just wanted to post this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/wamdue/weight_zps1764c75b.jpg

15 months ago, I was 22 stone.

Very well done!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's quite an achievement charnham well done !