Drifters - E4

WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just finished watching the first two episodes. So far, so good I thought. I actually laughed out loud quite a few times, especially during the disaster date scene!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching on +1 now, so far, it's okay.
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it, also laughed out loud during the date and several other scenes.

Will stick with it
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nine-Nine wrote: »
    I'm watching on +1 now, so far, it's okay.

It picks up towards the end. I liked the 2nd episode more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, also laughed out loud during the date and several other scenes.

Will stick with it

Me too. The red-haired girl looks like a slightly fuller version of Isla Fisher. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It picks up towards the end. I liked the 2nd episode more.

Exactly what I was going to say next. Funny when Laura was trying to arouse her boyfriend.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg the 2nd is so much funnier than the first -

Laura calling up her ex-boyfriends: "Hi it's Laura, you got scabies. Bye" So funny!

When they are at the restaurant (Meg and her date) and she follows Bunny's advice by ordering oysters

Impressed now. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what I was going to say next. Funny when Laura was trying to arouse her boyfriend.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd now.

Yeah it was, though I thought she was rather hard in him. Thought he was more attractive than her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg the 2nd is so much funnier than the first -

Laura calling up her ex-boyfriends: "Hi it's Laura, you got scabies. Bye" So funny!

When they are at the restaurant (Meg and her date) and she follows Bunny's advice by ordering oysters

Impressed now. :D

Yeah I was alternating between laughing and cringing during the oyster/disaster date scene! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I was alternating between laughing and cringing during the oyster/disaster date scene! :D

Same, and when they realise they are at a wake: Laura's dancing! :D:D

Definitely tuning in next week, you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same, and when they realise they are at a wake: Laura's dancing! :D:D

Definitely tuning in next week, you?

Yep for sure. :D

ETA: And talking of cringe-fests, what about that puking-in-the-bin-by-the-bus scene towards the end?! :eek:
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ep 2 was a vast improvement on episode 1. Drop the creepy ex-she's better as a single dating disaster.
    Luved the girl wanting to be depressed to get sympathy/attention. Bit touche in this day & age with depression almost seen as "hip" by some people.
    V strong episode, hope the rest of this series is on the same level.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Ep 2 was a vast improvement on episode 1. Drop the creepy ex-she's better as a single dating disaster.
    Luved the girl wanting to be depressed to get sympathy/attention. Bit touche in this day & age with depression almost seen as "hip" by some people.
    Yep for sure. :D

ETA: And talking of cringe-fests, what about that puking-in-the-bin-by-the-bus scene towards the end?! :eek:

Good that we all agree episode 2 was far better. For all the right and wrong reasons (the cringe-fests you point out) :D

I'd give:

Ep.1 - 3/5
    Ep.2 - 4.5/5 :)
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »

It was. I think they should keep clingy ex in; she can live with him and he can keep clinging like a limpet to her. As long as she still gets to go on cringetastic disaster dates, I'm happy. :D I hope we get to see her attractive date again, assuming the puke-bin situation didn't put him off once and for all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good that we all agree episode 2 was far better. For all the right and wrong reasons (the cringe-fests you point out) :D

I'd give:

Ep.1 - 3/5
    Ep.2 - 4.5/5 :)

It shows that we all have exceptional taste. :D Certainly, it's more promising than the other opening episodes of comedies that have started recently.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was very funny too, a lot better than some of the so called comedies of recent months
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoyed this, and, yes, agree that the second episode was better. Will carry on watching as Thursday's TV is very short on entertainment and this is okay. I watched Celebrity Juice straight afterwards and, to be honest, I couldn't decide which was ruder!:D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm now regretting bailing after the first episode, which I didn't think was very good. I'll give it another go.

I enjoyed the 'that's my bus!' factor of it being set in Leeds.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will continue to watch this........hopefully for more scenes with Meg performing oral sex.
  • bleeleebleelee Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Thoughts this was very good. The lead girl is very talented.
  • AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I also switched over after the first episode and reading the reviews here, I shouldn''t have....

Will give it another go next week...
  • teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I'm now regretting bailing after the first episode, which I didn't think was very good. I'll give it another go.

only reason I watched it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second episode was great!

I know so many girls out there like Bonnie, so it's funny to see it being dramatised on tv. Especially loved her wannabe depression. Laura's dancing at the wake, and the disaster date! Great stuff :)

I decided to watch because I recognised Meg from The Inbetweeners Movie and I knew I'd like her.

Was it a good decision to premiere it on Halloween night though? :o

And I'm not completely writing off the first episode - it was a nice introduction and the mix-up at the flat at the end was a good sketch!
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The second episode was great!

I know so many girls out there like Bonnie, so it's funny to see it being dramatised on tv. Especially loved her wannabe depression. Laura's dancing at the wake, and the disaster date! Great stuff :)

I decided to watch because I recognised Meg from The Inbetweeners Movie and I knew I'd like her.

Was it a good decision to premiere it on Halloween night though? :o

And I'm not completely writing off the first episode - it was a nice introduction and the mix-up at the flat at the end was a good sketch!
    Gulftastic wrote: »

BIB 1 - All 3 girls are form the Inbetweeners movie and i recognise Meg and Bunny.

BIB 2 yes its set in Leeds but is it filmed here? i ask as some of the places shown, I.E the Old Bank i did not recognise, so did they actually film in Leeds?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching this now. Very funny.

But one of the things I noticed was the lad shagging his girlfriend in episode 2. He was rocking his head back and forth like a pro but his hips weren't doing anything. :D