Options

Knack

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Knack is a pretty decent game.

Did anyone else pick it up?

True to Cerny's say-so it is indeed quite a challenge game with many of the enemies taking you out with one hit!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only done a couple of missions so far and im enjoying it. nice little platformer
  • Options
    AndyD123AndyD123 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't pick it up due to reviews of it.

I did watch a guy playing it in live section, looked good graphically but even he was dying constantly and seemed to go back quite a bit. He'd completed one small section, moved into another section and was killed their. Game went back to the first section each time. So he was getting annoyed himself having to replay the bit he could easily do.

Perhaps better if you just re-spawned at the exact place you died or safest place near it.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Got it bundled but haven't played it yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyD123 wrote: »

I did watch a guy playing it in live section, looked good graphically but even he was dying constantly and seemed to go back quite a bit. He'd completed one small section, moved into another section and was killed their. Game went back to the first section each time. So he was getting annoyed himself having to replay the bit he could easily do.

Perhaps better if you just re-spawned at the exact place you died or safest place near it.
    Reviews are stupid. Game Informer gave it a 8.25/10. So like those who pick the best weather report, pick that review and get the game :p

That is the only annoying thing though, the checkpoints.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyD123 wrote: »

chopoff wrote: »
    That is the only annoying thing though, the checkpoints.

so a game comes out that is meant to be challenging and the biggest complaint is that is challenging, the punishment for failure is the set backs of the checkpoints :p:D

I'm getting it at Christmas and i can't wait to be annoyed and then eventually pass the tough challenges
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i have just stopped playing it and noticed it was 3am.
    Really good game. On day 1, I played it for 20mins but didn't give it a proper go. Then tonight I decided to try again, after 30mins I really started to enjoy the game.

It's ps4 version of Mario world.
    Great gfx's .
  • Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    This got 4/10 on Eurogamer (I site I trust) and on Metacritic has a score of 55. Way behind Super Mario 3D World which has been prasied as a masterpiece.
    It's not even close.

It reminds me of another one hit kill Sony Japan Studio game this year: Rain. Yes, nice mechanics but underneath it all it's a very swallow experience.
  • Options
    denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this game, but not too impressed with the stuttery frame rate as you move along and the camera pans in cut scenes.

I really wasn't expecting choppy visuals on a launch title from the man who designed the PS4. Hopefully they'll patch it to stabilise the frame rate.

Game play is good though. Very simple to pick up for anyone. Respawn points can be an annoyance. I'm playing it on normal, so I guess on easy it is less frustrating as the goblins are easier to kill and your health lasts longer.

I'm doing most of my play so far via remote play on the vita, which works perfectly (especially as this game does not use the shoulder buttons, so there is no awkward mapping for L2 and R2 like with Resogun). I'm having to pace myself with the game a bit as I don't want to complete it too quickly, but I'm guessing completing on the harder settings and collecting everything may add much more time to full completion and the platinum trophy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not experienced any such stuttering and I'm up to chapter 4.

I do get some drops when using the double circle special move.

There was a patch for it that improved things, if you've not installed it.
  • Options
    denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is stuttering all through the game, it's also present on every video I have seen. So it isn't my TV, it's definitely the game that has frame rate issues.

You probably aren't looking for it like I am. I didn't want to spot it, but once you do you can't unsee it.

Other than that, the game seems pretty good so far. Pretty solid, with some challenging bits (I'm currently only on my first play through on normal, so am sure it will be way more challenging once I play the hard modes.

The patch auto installs and has already been applied to mine. I don't know what it improved but it wasn't the stuttering.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing it at all outside of super moves.

Up to chapter 7 now and still none the wiser as to why it got so badly slated, it seems that nearly everyone who is playing it is really enjoying it.

Chapter 5 has some gorgeous levels, I took a share for you. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bav7JeWIEAIsq_W.jpg:large
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched a few streams of this and it does look like fun. Certainly looks challenging, but in a good way. Not a big fan of the character design etc. and the gameplay looks more like "God of War" than the platformer I was hoping for. I will pick it up when the price drops for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished the game. Time to see if I can collect some more of the crystal relics and gadget parts.

I took a few screenshots along the way.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bav7JeWIEAIsq_W.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba5nsPkIcAAZXed.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba6CxFAIYAAVQo0.jpg:large
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw this is down to a reasonable price on Amazon, and the user rating is 4.5/5.

Is the gaming review community just stuck up it's own backside, and completely out of touch with consumers as a wider audience?
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    £35 in CEX if anyone doesnt want to pay £60 for it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was ok, pretty cheesy dialogue but a fairly challenging game even on easy. :o
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Up to chapter 7 now and still none the wiser as to why it got so badly slated, it seems that nearly everyone who is playing it is really enjoying it.

It doesnt have the word "Duty" or "Call of" in the title and doesn't involve crazy amounts of explicit violence!

Joke :D
  • Options
    Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    Ive got my ps4 coming in the next couple of days with knack in the bundle. Originally thought id just sell knack but might give it a try if people are rating it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Rich_L wrote: »
    £35 in CEX if anyone doesnt want to pay £60 for it!

Make sure to pick up a copy that isnt from a bundle just so you can sell it again once your finished :)
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hutchy258 wrote: »
    Make sure to pick up a copy that isnt from a bundle just so you can sell it again once your finished :)

I dont understand what you mean?
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But if CEX bought it the first time knowing it was from a bundle, why wouldn't they buy it back?
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member

None of the ones I looked at were bundle ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Rich_L wrote: »
    None of the ones I looked at were bundle ones.

Theres about 20 in my sunderland branch and 18 of them were bundle copies.

@fastestfinger You can take it back to CEX I suppose but most other places are abit more stubborn
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching gameplay of this reminds me of ratchet and clank looks an interesting series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    i'm sure this will probably come to the instant game collection at some point, and thats when i'll be playing it