Options

Drunk driver almost run me over. Police got nothing to go on.

The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
Forum Member
✭✭
Guy in local pub tonight. Total weirdo. Me and a friend tried to blank him all night. Was asking loads of intrusive questions and being really forward and controversial. He'd had quite a few to drink to the point he wasn't making much sense. We left the pub around half 11. This weirdo decided to follow me home so decided not to go home but continue walking past my house so he couldn't find out where I lived. His car was parked at the top of my street. He got in hid car then curb crawled me for about the next 100 yrds.

At this point I said, "F off you've been drinking and driving" and told him I was going to call the police at which point he tried to mount the curb and run me over. I think the reason for his grievance is that when my dad owned a pub up the road he barred him for annoying all the customers and being generally weird and intrusive and personal. Apparently he's known to social services according to a local regular and is a bit of a nutjob. I got my phone out to snap his number plate but he sped off the second he realised what I was about to do. I managed to memorise the first 4 digits and knew which village he lives in and he managed tonight to tell me his last name and his age.

I rang the police and said, it's a guy named Richardson who lives in such-and-such village, drives a silver car with a registration beginning with DE03 and he's 43 years of age, drunk as a skunk, driving after being in such-and-such a pub all night. That's all I have. The police said they can't trace him without a physical address, a full registration plate or his full name and address.

I find this totally impossible to believe. I dialled 101 not 999 so didn't get an incident number. The guy on the other end who sounded about 19 clearly sounded like he couldn't give a toss.

Comments

• Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone smashed each and every toilet bowl at our local police station. Police say there's nothing to go on.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    >snip< The guy on the other end who sounded about 19 clearly sounded like he couldn't give a toss.

he's more likely to get prostate cancer then...
    ba dum tissssssssh
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would suggest visiting your local police station and giving them the info , if he is known to Social Services they can also assist the police with the info you have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pisstakers asside here. OK I realise that giving 4 digits of a numberplate will bring up hundreds of possibilities. But seriously, how many cars could carry the first 4 digits, match the colour of a silver car, registered to a guy going by the name Richardson who happen to live in one village and are within the age range of 43?

Surely this must narrow this down to one bloke. I bet if this guy had murdered someone they'd have plenty to go on. Just sounds like they can't be bloody arsed as per usual.

I wish I'd have taken his registration before confronting him about his drink driving. At least that way I might have stood a chance of catching him. I have no time for people who drink and drive.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You and that pub.
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pisstakers asside here. OK I realise that giving 4 digits of a numberplate will bring up hundreds of possibilities. But seriously, how many cars could carry the first 4 digits, match the colour of a silver car, registered to a guy going by the name Richardson who happen to live in one village and are within the age range of 43?

Ok. So, silver cars are very, very common. Seriously, count how many you see tomorrow. More than any other is my guess.

A pub regular tells you he's a nutjob and known to SS? And you believe him and his reliableness?

The bloke tells you his name and age and you believe him too?

Lastly, if he's not known to the police at all then he won't show up on the PNC. Even if he is known to SS.
    Surely this must narrow this down to one bloke. I bet if this guy had murdered someone they'd have plenty to go on. Just sounds like they can't be bloody arsed as per usual.

I wish I'd have taken his registration before confronting him about his drink driving. At least that way I might have stood a chance of catching him. I have no time for people who drink and drive.

You're really coming off as just annoyed that they can't do anything.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Did he buy a round?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange that my car has a registration DE52, there are hundreds of them.

Do you think at night they have a squad of people to investigate your complaint?

Dialing 101 probably didn't even go to the police just a call centre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guy in local pub tonight. Total weirdo. Me and a friend tried to blank him all night. Was asking loads of intrusive questions and being really forward and controversial. He'd had quite a few to drink to the point he wasn't making much sense. We left the pub around half 11. This weirdo decided to follow me home so decided not to go home but continue walking past my house so he couldn't find out where I lived. His car was parked at the top of my street. He got in hid car then curb crawled me for about the next 100 yrds.

At this point I said, "F off you've been drinking and driving" and told him I was going to call the police at which point he tried to mount the curb and run me over. I think the reason for his grievance is that when my dad owned a pub up the road he barred him for annoying all the customers and being generally weird and intrusive and personal. Apparently he's known to social services according to a local regular and is a bit of a nutjob. I got my phone out to snap his number plate but he sped off the second he realised what I was about to do. I managed to memorise the first 4 digits and knew which village he lives in and he managed tonight to tell me his last name and his age.

I rang the police and said, it's a guy named Richardson who lives in such-and-such village, drives a silver car with a registration beginning with DE03 and he's 43 years of age, drunk as a skunk, driving after being in such-and-such a pub all night. That's all I have. The police said they can't trace him without a physical address, a full registration plate or his full name and address.

I find this totally impossible to believe. I dialled 101 not 999 so didn't get an incident number. The guy on the other end who sounded about 19 clearly sounded like he couldn't give a toss.

Why didn't you phone 999 from the pub before you left and inform them there is a man who is drunk and going to drive home?

I was stopped leaving a pub carpark, I passed the test. The car who left before had 4 people. I asked the cop why they didn't stop that car, it had 4 people in and the driver was probably sober. He wasn't as i'de seen him drinking.

That's the way it goes sometimes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. So, silver cars are very, very common. Seriously, count how many you see tomorrow. More than any other is my guess.

A pub regular tells you he's a nutjob and known to SS? And you believe him and his reliableness?

The bloke tells you his name and age and you believe him too?

Lastly, if he's not known to the police at all then he won't show up on the PNC. Even if he is known to SS.

You're really coming off as just annoyed that they can't do anything.

He lives in Cheshire and a DE registration is common. Even I have one:)
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I find this totally impossible to believe.

This.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    This.

Indeed :D

Who would call 101 rather than 999 to report a drink driver? :confused:
  • Options
    scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As if calling to report a dui will make any difference he would of sobered up by the time the police find him lol. one night at like 1am we had some pissed up psycho in the shop who was threatening to beat up a group of young girls. I called and they turned up 30 mins later....
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotty22 wrote: »
    As if calling to report a dui will make any difference he would of sobered up by the time the police find him lol. one night at like 1am we had some pissed up psycho in the shop who was threatening to beat up a group of young girls. I called and they turned up 30 mins later....

I would have thought that would be pretty unlikely on the assumption they had more than a drink or two.

It takes a very long time for alcohol to leave the body.

'12 hours from bottle to throttle' as they say.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    scotty22 wrote: »

They probably got held up with all the suicidal badgers they had to run down on the way.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    I've already seen this Law & Order episode.
  • Options
    scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    I would have thought that would be pretty unlikely on the assumption they had more than a drink or two.

It takes a very long time for alcohol to leave the body.

'12 hours from bottle to throttle' as they say.

that is assuming the guy had not ditched or parked up the car or gone somewhere and the police happened to catch him driving 30 mins later..
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    You and that pub.

Another pub related incident .
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I'm far more concerned about the fact he followed you home and had parked his car on your road - oh and the fact that he tried to run you over, the drink driving is pretty incidental, he could have been necking alcohol-free beer for all you know. Why was he following you? Is he obsessed with you?
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    You and that pub.

Which pub? Wizard has said over and over again he never ever uses the local pubs because they are to pretentious
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm far more concerned about the fact he followed you home and had parked his car on your road - oh and the fact that he tried to run you over, the drink driving is pretty incidental, he could have been necking alcohol-free beer for all you know. Why was he following you? Is he obsessed with you?

Well he tried to latch on to us in the pub randomly asking what music we liked and then telling me how my favorite band was shit but then a few seconds later he contradicted himself by saying how they were his favourite group. Me and my friend were having none of it and were just out for a quiet mid week drink and a catch-up. He kept trying to butt in to our conversation and was being a bit controversial over things we said and then he'd chip in and slur something which didn't make sense as he was clearly steaming drunk. We moved out of his way into another room but then he followed us and stood next to us and started on at us again. He told us how old he was and said his name was Richardson. My friend is too polite and shy to tell anyone to f off and I just didn't want the hassle of getting in an argument with someone who's a bit of an uncertainty so we eventually finished our drinks and left. This is why he ends up getting barred from places and why my dad ended up barring him a few years ago. He just acts really weird and hassles customers. Like he wants to be deliberately offensive and yet your long lost mate all at the same time. As far as I can recall he's made himself unwelcome in at least 3 places that I know of. At one point he said to me, "Didn't your dad used to keep the pub up the road?" I denied it but it was clear that he recognised me. While he had gone to the loo this guy on the next table leaned over to tell us that he's a known weirdo and has been barred from the pub before under the previous owners and said that apparently he's under social services for a mental health condition. How he knew this I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me if he was.

Anyway me and my friend both left the pub leaving this guy still in there. My mate walked one way and I walked the other after bidding one another goodnight. Just as I was about to walk off this guy walked out so I didn't hang about and set off home. After a while I noticed I was being followed by this guy so carried on walking home. He followed me into my street so decided not to go in my house but to carry on past so he couldn't find out where I lived. I looked over my shoulder to see him get into a car which had been parked at the top of my street. Again I just carried on walking hoping not to draw attention to myself but as I got further down the road he curb crawled me for about 100 yrds and asked me where I was heading and tried to keep getting me to engage in conversation with him but I ignored him for a bit but eventually lost patience and told him to f off and was going to report him for drink driving. I walked a bit in front to try and take a photo of his number plate. As soon as I got my phone out to snap his number plate he sped off. As he did he mounted the curb and swerved towards me. I couldn't get a picture quick enough and only managed to catch the first 4 digits of his registration.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did he buy a round?

Perhaps he bought several, and has them ready to load into his concealed gun, next time...:o
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The police are made up of individuals and they can be both apathetic and they can also be incredibly helpful in a very surprising and pragmatic way. The criminal justice system can really suck.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should still get an incident number when ringing 101. I call them nearly everyday at work and always get an incident number.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Who would call 101 rather than 999 to report a drink driver? :confused:

I would, 999 is for Emergencies only.

A suspected DD is routine police work.