Options

Virgin catchup TV

ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone has used the virgin catchup TV service and if they could recommend it. I am considering a subscription to Virgin and noticed on their web page that they have a catchup service. Does this allow a web based catchup service for Virgin channels? It also looked as though one could watch live streams via the web page. Has anyone tried this?

Also, does this service work with any Virgin subscription offer, or only with certain higher end subscriptions?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi again, sorry to ping this, but it still interests me. I am considering the Virgin subscription service, and one feature I would like is their catch up from their own channels but via a normal computer browser.

It looks on their website that they offer something similar to iPlayer & 4OD but with their own channels as well as a couple from Sky. Has anyone had experience with this before I get myself into a long winded subscription, and how well does it work?

Do they also offer live streams via an internet browser?
  • Options
    TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd have had a better response if you'd posted in the Cable section

You get the following with catchup on Virgin Media

Catch Up TV

Watch our pick of the last week's TV from ITV Net Player, BBC iPlayer, 4oD and Demand 5 on your TV.

On your TV

We've got thousands of hours of movies, music and shows, available to watch on your TV whenever you fancy. See gems from BBC iPlayer, 4OD, Sky LIVING and more, full size on your TV screen.

Selection is last 7 days from major channels and the rest is based on the subscription level you have.

Quality is as "live" TV and some in HD as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Tiexen, so all that is available on a laptop/computer via Internet with subscription. Natually, I am not so interested in the main channels (iplayer, ITV, 4OD etc) as they have their own websites which are generally quite good - and free.

What interests me more is the additional channels which have catch up content on a laptop after the subscription and if this includes live TV streams (as you can guess, I travel quite a bit)
  • Options
    ashjfashjf Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, from what I can remember, they have.

- TV Catch Up: BBC iPlayer, ITV Net Player, 4OD, Demand5.

- TV On Demand: Sky Anytime, Cartoon Network, Disney, Discovery, National Geographic, CBS, Paramount, Buena Vista, Alliance Atlantis, Warner Bros, HBO, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Current TV, Baby TV, NBC Universal.

- Music On Demand: Over 8000 music videos/tracks (free to XL customers or pay per view).

- Movies On Demand: FilmFlex (pay per view from £1.99), PictureBox (subscription £5 per month).

- 3D On Demand: A mix of 3D content including movies.

- App's: (ie. BBC Sport, YouTube etc, only on the TiVo box)