Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 9)

Comments

• chawlvischawlvis Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Loopzilla wrote: »
    Just catching up on the last few weeks of CoC and saw this from Gothy which reminded me of my time as a Little Chef waitress during uni holidays.

A family sat down at the ONLY table that was dirty and refused to move to a clean one even though there was a massive sign at the door saying "Please wait to be seated". They were horrible. They were shouting orders at me as I was trying to clean the table so rather than do the usual of wiping crumbs off the table into another cloth I just got into a fluster and wiped them off the table quick onto the floor......straight into their baby's face who was in a carrier under the table!

Wow, they were mad!
    I think waiting on tables is one of the hardest jobs around - you're on your feet all day long, and you have to smile, smile, smile at the customers, no matter how obnoxious and rude they are. I worked in a restaurant when I was at uni, I remember it well. The tips were good though.

I wonder if Sam Chawner is still working at Frankie and Benny's? Or maybe she's been 'let go' because of excessive sick leave?
  • MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chawlvis wrote: »
    I think waiting on tables is one of the hardest jobs around - you're on your feet all day long, and you have to smile, smile, smile at the customers, no matter how obnoxious and rude they are. I worked in a restaurant when I was at uni, I remember it well. The tips were good though.

I wonder if Sam Chawner is still working at Frankie and Benny's? Or maybe she's been 'let go' because of excessive sick leave?

Waitressing also takes a lot of energy. And most people I know get so sick of looking at food and smelling restaurant food that they don't want to eat a lot, even with employee discounts/free meals. Sounds like a perfect prescription for weight loss. Wonder what happened in Samantha's case?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Mehitabel wrote: »
    Waitressing also takes a lot of energy. And most people I know get so sick of looking at food and smelling restaurant food that they don't want to eat a lot, even with employee discounts/free meals. Sounds like a perfect prescription for weight loss. Wonder what happened in Samantha's case?

In an earlier post, someone said that the manager was complaining that she was too slow - so probably not buring very much energy.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LilAud wrote: »
    Well if they can't afford to feed themselves - what do the animals eat, they have 2 dogs, a cat, hamster etc.

Hope they don't feed them on Smart price sausages - there is nothing nutritional in them :D

In interviews the family said they didn't get enough in benefits to eat properly. They said something like they only have £50 a week for food. Jenny eats food from Aud's bowl so probably does get Smart Price sausages along with pies and microwaved ready meals.
    Forum Member
    In interviews the family said they didn't get enough in benefits to eat properly. They said something like they only have £50 a week for food. Jenny eats food from Aud's bowl so probably does get Smart Price sausages along with pies and microwaved ready meals.
    I recall someone worked out, earlier in the thread, exactly how much they had to spend on food and it was considerably more that £50:eek: If they can afford cigarettes for Emma, an iphone contract and a laptop apiece, they can afford to buy food. Plus they don't exactly look as if they go hungry:o

I know places like Iceland and Farmfoods sell bumper packs of unhealthy food, like pies, burgers and sausages, for a pound, but a bag of basic pasta in Sainsbury's is 11p at the moment, with a tomato based sauce on top, that would be far more healthy and cheaper too. And just as filling as a plate of pie and chips.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do we believe that? That would mean only about +/-13% of their benefits goes for food (out of 21K/yr).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Mehitabel wrote: »
    Do we believe that? That would mean only about +/-13% of their benefits goes for food (out of 21K/yr).

They (alledgely) eat breakfast in Tescos - which for 3 would be quite a few quid, plus Sam has lattes which are not cheap. Pobably means that after all the junk they eat they only have £50 left to spend on proper food
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    auntiem wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it.... But the first series of Lorraine's big fat challenge is being repeated starting on Monday, 30th at 3.00pm on bio.

Ace! Its now in my planner. So when I finish work I have "Judge Ross", "Four in a Bed", "Real Housewives of Orange County" AND NOW "Big Fat Challenge"

I love trash TV!

My husband's gonna file for divorce.....isn't he?!
    Forum Member
    LilAud wrote: »
    They (alledgely) eat breakfast in Tescos - which for 3 would be quite a few quid, plus Sam has lattes which are not cheap. Pobably means that after all the junk they eat they only have £50 left to spend on proper food
    Surely, if money is tight, they shouldn't be buying fancy cups of coffee and eating out, not even in the restaurant in Tesco?:confused: They were spotted in KFC recently as well. When I am skint, which is 99% of the time, the last thing on my mind is to go and buy a coffee for £3 from Starbucks and a plate of egg and bacon for a fiver. That money would go on some basic groceries that would make a good few meals.
    Forum Member
    Loopzilla wrote: »
    Ace! Its now in my planner. So when I finish work I have "Judge Ross", "Four in a Bed", "Real Housewives of Orange County" AND NOW "Big Fat Challenge"

I love trash TV!

My husband's gonna file for divorce.....isn't he?!
    Not at all, that is perfectly reasonable behaviour, and if he tries to tell you otherwise, threaten him with a visit from Big Phil and the girls. That should put the fear of God into the poor man, and you'll not hear another peep out of him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    The Chawners remind me of those parents who say it's cheaper for them to take their children to McDonalds every night to have a Happy Meal than make something to eat at home.
    But things like pasta are so inexpensive and easy to make yet healthier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D I'M BACK

Ten years and that was my first enforced holiday. :(

Memo to self *stay off "The Voice" forum*. It's just not worth it

Well done to all the song posters, I'm loving them and have been humming them to myself. And can I say I totally agree that we should keep FB stuff off here until at least after the big Court Case as it's off topic and this thread is obviously coming under closer scrutiny these days.

I would hate to see it get the dreaded padlock as it's been so much fun. Legal issues can get tricky at the best of times. (But if anyone fancies turning up at Blackburn Court in June and wanted to give an account I'm sure that would be fine.)

:) I feel as if I'm back home again...... I need to get a life!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it.... But the first series of Lorraine's big fat challenge is being repeated starting on Monday, 30th at 3.00pm on bio.

:( And my DigiGuide is still not showing it. I want my subscription back.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

I've never understood going out for breakfast. It's too much energy for one ( I am not a morning person at all) and expensive.

But I suppose shoving a bit of muesli with milk into a bowl wouldn't appeal to the Chunkies. They could get their Sky back with the money they saved. :confused: It's not as if they get exercise, either. You just know they take the car any distance more than 100 yards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Hi, heard a rumour that the Chawners are going to star in a remake of the old American TV series Father Knows Best. Sounds like comedy gold!
    Forum Member
    phemma wrote: »
    Hi, heard a rumour that the Chawners are going to star in a remake of the old American TV series Father Knows Best. Sounds like comedy gold!
    Seriously? Now that would be brilliant - although wouldn't they have to actually act? Although on their IMDb pages they do claim to be actors (as well as directors) so I'm assuming they have equity cards already.
    Forum Member
    Seriously? Now that would be brilliant - although wouldn't they have to actually act? Although on their IMDb pages they do claim to be actors (as well as directors) so I'm assuming they have equity cards already.

I think as far as Phil and Emma are concerned there would be no need to act. I think Phil has been telling Emma that Daddy knows best for many, many years.
    Forum Member
    I think as far as Phil and Emma are concerned there would be no need to act. I think Phil has been telling Emma that Daddy knows best for many, many years.
    Seriously though, I think a sitcom featuring the Chawners would be a winner.

There have been some unintentional moments of unscripted comedy gold in their TV shows so far - just imagine if it was scripted.:eek:

It could be an award winning comedy. The Chawners could win BAFTAS. They could end up being genuine celebrities and real, close, personal friends of Peter Andre instead of just Twitter followers of his:D
    Forum Member
    Seriously though, I think a sitcom featuring the Chawners would be a winner.

There have been some unintentional moments of unscripted comedy gold in their TV shows so far - just imagine if it was scripted.:eek:

It could be an award winning comedy. The Chawners could win BAFTAS. They could end up being genuine celebrities and real, close, personal friends of Peter Andre instead of just Twitter followers of his:D

I agree Chawlvis. It's encouraging at least that they seem to have bona-fide well-connected agents; perhaps their attention should be drawn to this post!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Welcome back Tally! :):)
    Forum Member
    I agree Chawlvis. It's encouraging at least that they seem to have bona-fide well-connected agents; perhaps their attention should be drawn to this post!
    If I was the Chawners agent, I would be contacting the bloke that runs Channel 5, he seems like the kind of person who would be keen to showcase the Chawners.

Ideally, we need a supremely talented comedy writer, the Fast Show lot, Steve Coogan or Ricky Gervais and Steve Marchant spring to mind, but I would imagine their fees would be astronomical.

We need an undiscovered comedy writing talent to showcase the Chawners. Perhaps Channel 5 could run a BGT type show, to find a scriptwriter, and the winner gets to write a sitcom featuring them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that tomorrow? my Sky guide for tomorrow on Bio at 3pm is saying Women who kill.
    I have never seen any full episodes of the Chawners but I'm dying to watch them
    I want to see this episode..does anyone know what series it is from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlX3m9pEthE
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    Is that tomorrow? my Sky guide for tomorrow on Bio at 3pm is saying Women who kill.

Welcome Back Tally.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nikki, I think that episode was from the second series, where we were all beginning to realise the Chawners weren't so great. And I think someone said the the programme is only on Bio HD, not on all Bio channels. You'll have to find a friend with Hd if you haven't got it.:D
    Forum Member
    Nikkiclody wrote: »

I think that's series one, when poor Lorraine Kelly thought she'd actually succeed in getting the Chawners to a normal weight and working for a living.

When I clicked on the link, I noticed this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXw00-bAj8U&feature=related uploaded by Emma Chawner herself. I would be mortified, she's obviously very proud of her moment in the spotlight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's series one, when poor Lorraine Kelly thought she'd actually succeed in getting the Chawners to a normal weight and working for a living.

When I clicked on the link, I noticed this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXw00-bAj8U&feature=related uploaded by Emma Chawner herself. I would be mortified, she's obviously very proud of her moment in the spotlight.

As we've discussed before, the whole family seems to be lacking the embarrassment gene. Were they laughing all the way to the bank as their idol, Simon Cowell, has done, it would be one thing. But they aren't, are they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    Welcome Back Tally.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nikki, I think that episode was from the second series, where we were all beginning to realise the Chawners weren't so great. And I think someone said the the programme is only on Bio HD, not on all Bio channels. You'll have to find a friend with Hd if you haven't got it.:D
    Will all the future episodes be on the HD channel? the series should be repeated in may I don't have Bio HD
This discussion has been closed.