Options

Apple Ipad 2 Set Up Urgent Help Please

HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi bought the i pad 2 this afternoon and cant get past the password for the BTHUB3-G72H when i enter the password from the base of the bt box the apple pad says UNABLE TO JOIN NETWORK then below that is says DISMISS. can anyone help please HELP PLEASE

Comments

• Options
    scotorcascotorca Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Do you not have to set up your own wireless password on the BT website?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The password came with the BT router it is printed on the bottom of the router and i have never changed it
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does your BT hub have MAC filtering enabled?

What case is the password in? All upper? Lower? Mixed?

You could try logging onto the BT hub and set a new wireless password of your own choosing? [This is probably a good idea anyway, really]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MATT D the password was uppercase and numbers but did not work tried your suggestion with new password still did not work ihave never had a MAC so it isnt that either ??? tried e-mail apple and they wanted £28 for the answer (no chance)
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Have you tried using Hub manager and checking your wireless settings within the hub itself? Or even enter http://192.168.1.254/ into your browser and it should access the Hub.

Have a read through the following link: http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/ipad-amp-BT-home-hub-2-connection/td-p/294113

If I see any others I will post them also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just found this which you could try.
    SOLVED!

Click on Settings > Wi-Fi >  > Static and input the following:

"IP Address" enter: 192.168.1.100 (check you're not already using it!).

"Subnet Mask" enter 255.255.255.0

"Router" enter 192.168.1.254

"DNS" enter 192.168.1.254, 192.168.1.254

Tapped on the Wi-Fi Networks button and then went back to Home screen.

Nice to see BT and Apple making things so easy. What a nightmare!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The i pad does not show settings cant get past choose a network i notice to the right of the bt hub3 setting there are 2 icons one is signal anf the other is a padlock is this why it wont work and if so how do i remove the padlock
  • Options
    MeanMintMeanMint Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    On the top at the back of the Hub3 there is a little plastic slide thing that can be removed.

Your wireless key is printed on there to access your wifi you are probably typing in the Admin Password that is need to access the hubs admin panel
  • Options
    rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPad 2 is not compatible with BT Homehub3

Why didnt you ask before you bought one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried the admin and the wireless numbers nither of them work
    i asked at comet before i bought the apple 2 and they said there was no problem
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rottweiler wrote: »
    iPad 2 is not compatible with BT Homehub3

Why didnt you ask before you bought one

Of course it's compatible, stop trying to upset the OP with such rubbish.
  • Options
    rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only teasing, op did have another thread going asking the same question
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only other thing I think you could try is do the setup on another router at maybe a friends house, then try and manually setup with your homehub afterwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HDMI wrote: »
    MATT D the password was uppercase and numbers but did not work tried your suggestion with new password still did not work ihave never had a MAC so it isnt that either ??? tried e-mail apple and they wanted £28 for the answer (no chance)

The MAC address is the unique network interface address - nothing to do with Apple Macs.

Some routers allow you to restrict access to specific devices by having a whitelist of allowed MAC addresses.

So you managed to log on to the router and set a new WiFi password? Did you definitely change the WiFi password and not the router admin password? What type of security is set on the router?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have any wireless devices already using the BT router, or is the iPad the first you've tried to connect?

If the iPad is the only wireless device, make sure the BT router is set to use WPA2 security (WPA2-PSK - WPA2 Pre-shared Key).

If the iPad is not the only device, check to make sure the other devices support WPA2 before changing to it (if it's not already set to WPA2). If they don't support it, try WPA instead. Don't use WEP.

Try changing the network name (SSID) of the BT router to something else, as well as changing the WiFi password.

Try disabling the wireless security on the BT router - temporarily - to see if the iPad will connect without it. If it works, re-enable the security and set a new password. Do not leave the security disabled
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just connected my new I Pad - no problems at all.

Try to reset your BT Home Hub. If its a version 2 there should be a small pin hole that you can use an unfolded paper clip.

Then try again but remember use the wireless key not the password and it is case sensitive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stewM You are a real gem i did what you said with the reset button on the BT HUB and WOW everything from then on was fine Thanks to you and all the other guys who tried to help me kind regards to all.David
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Excellent. Enjoy your IPad!:)