Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    Ivy RoseIvy Rose Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Coins being placed on top of the receipt when you go through the till at shops/supermarket. It makes putting your change away much more tricky. I almost always end up dropping something this way and I wish cashiers would cut it out.
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment, the endless requests for money at work for various things.

No thank you, I don't want to give money for your sponsored arse wipe, and I will give to charity if and when I want to, not when somebody else decides I should. Just the other week there was a charity tea and cake sale at work. It was advertised, nobody was all that interested so it was decided that we had to go down a few people at a time to support this. I grudgingly went but it seemed like an imposed tax to me.

I go to work to make money, not spend it.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Twist Lock shower caddies that make their way off the wall and clattering into the shower try at 2 am frightening the divil out of the whole house
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tail-gaters. This will NOT make me go any faster and, if anything, I'll go a little bit slower just to annoy you.

Apart from annoying the tail-gater, I think that it's important to slow down anyhow to a speed commensurate with the appropriate stopping distance so that if you do have to stop suddenly, there is less chance of a shunt.

Of course, the clot behind you can't understand that.
  • Options
    bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you hand a till operator at Tesco your clubcard and she then slaps it down on the bagging surface, making you have to fumble with your fat fingers to pick it up.

Always want to cave their skull in with a tin of beans when they do that - how rude!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    premixxed wrote: »
    Opening new bin-bags, I can't do it, even usung the licky finger trick. :(

Same, I always look a right idiot in the supermarket :(
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People eating, on the bus.

People sitting in the aisle seat, and putting their bag on the window seat, on the bus.

People paying with any note larger than a fiver, on the bus.

People playing music/ringtones at volume, on the bus.

People dumping rubbish, especially used chewing gum, on the bus.

People, on the bus.

I f***ing hate getting the bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People spell "poo" as "pooh".
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iTunes is very annoying

After each update (which hardly ever seem to change anything) it insists in treating me like a theif, "you have not made any purchases from thsi device so you have to answer all your security questions and re-validate your credit card" - erm, no i've bought loads of stuff from here what the heck you talking about?
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, talking of security questions, I find it very annoying that some log-ins I use insist using "name of your first girlfriend/boyfriend" as a question. And there's no way of me saying I never had one, so I have to make up a name and then I forget what I made up so I have to write it down and so it's not secure anymore is it?
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Advertising materials in magazines and fold outs which mean the magazine pages never rest flat.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People sitting in the aisle seat, and putting their bag on the window seat, on the bus.

People, on the bus.

people who stand in the aisle near the front of the bus when there's loads of seats , you have to then squeeze passed them while they're ignorantly texting their moronic mates .

people who in their rush to get on the bus block the doorway , how do they think they're going to get on if they don't let the passengers off first !

Grrr! idiots !!
  • Options
    finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Discourteous drivers on my daily commute who think that it's cool to try and squeeze in at the last minute on the road which has three lanes down to one because of roadworks .
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member
    people who stand in the aisle near the front of the bus when there's loads of seats , you have to then squeeze passed them while they're ignorantly texting their moronic mates .

people who in their rush to get on the bus block the doorway , how do they think they're going to get on if they don't let the passengers off first !

Grrr! idiots !!

This reminds me of idiots on the Tube who don't move down the carriage and stand right next to the doors blocking them for other passengers trying to get on or off. I want to kick them!
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,896
    Forum Member
    YouTube persuading you to enter your real name. I don't wish to use my real name but will it let you out of the menu process? No. I have to go back to the YouTube bookmark to reload the page. Grrr.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Grrr! idiots !!

I know, it's hell, isn't it?
  • Options
    JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedestrians who step out into the road forcing cars to slow down or stop.

On a crossing this would be fine, but I see this happening on any bit of road. Even when they have seen a car they saunter across the road as if they have all the time in the world.

The opposite to this happened to me today as I was leaving work. A woman was standing, not at, but on the first bit of the zebra crossing in our car park so, of course, I stopped my car. She stood looking in the oppposite direction for a good 2 minutes (the car park is one-way, so no traffic likely to come from that direction) then turned to look towards me and still did not move until I motioned her to do so. Did she not realise that a car stationary at the crossing inicates the driver is waiting for her to cross?
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Horton wrote: »
    People spell "poo" as "pooh".

^This. What is that all about? Its obviously poo :confused:
  • Options
    The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member

People, on the bus.

People sat there moaning about being on a bus :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Net wrote: »
    People sat there moaning about being on a bus :o

I have no choice, but to get a bus. My office is situated right in the centre of town. There is no parking, and it's too far to walk.

And I hate cycling more than getting the bus. I'm not wearing one of those ridiculous helmets for anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^This. What is that all about? Its obviously poo :confused:

It really really annoys me! I wonder if the people who spell it like that think it's some kind of "polite" way of spelling it. :sleep:
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natalie Bennett.

"There is a right wing media in this country."

I lol'd at that one. And when I say "lol" I actually did laugh out loud. Not like the 95% of time people write "lol", they haven't actually laughed at all.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How impossible it is to take a Weetabix out of the packet without getting crumbs everywhere.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    People who describe themselves as "random".
  • Options
    FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    How impossible it is to take a Weetabix out of the packet without getting crumbs everywhere.

I reckon Weetaflakes (do they still make them?) are just the swept-up crumbs from the floor of the Weetabix factory.
This discussion has been closed.