Britain Sees The Back Of The Beckhams - Thank God

Comments

• Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wingpatrol wrote: »
    Look at the time David went to the Cruises wedding when told by Real Madrid he wasn't to go.. At least they told him to get himself straight back there then they showed him who was in charge as they put him on the bench for several games if I remember correctly. As soon as Skeletor finds she's not in charge and David's bosses take control she ups sticks and moves....

I didn't know about that. Good for them. I think you're right. Skeletor wants to call all the shots and when her lapdog's employers start to interfere with her celebrity schmoozing she'll be off again. Absolutely the only reason they are in LA in the first place is because bintface wants to be part of the world's A list celebs - the football contract is a sidenote.
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Most of the LA Galaxy players are earning a tiny fraction of what Becks will be getting.

Are they going to be happy when he and Vicks start this show of flaunting their wealth and their habit of conspicuous consumption? This US jaunt is going to create a whole lot of bad feeling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    WingPatrol you are so spot on with your first post. VB is one thing only and that is Lucky. She has been in the right place at the right time, if the press still had Diana, Vic wouldn't get a look in, we are just a nosy nation and we like seeing what others get up to. The Beckhams aren't really liked by us Brits we just like to see whats going on with them because hand on heart most of us want that lifestyle. She does nothing, he kicks a ball and is back home by lunchtime and how many millions are they worth?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    WingPatrol you are so spot on with your first post. VB is one thing only and that is Lucky. She has been in the right place at the right time, if the press still had Diana, Vic wouldn't get a look in, we are just a nosy nation and we like seeing what others get up to. The Beckhams aren't really liked by us Brits we just like to see whats going on with them because hand on heart most of us want that lifestyle. She does nothing, he kicks a ball and is back home by lunchtime and how many millions are they worth?:D

Thankyou. I couldn't help myself. Something came on tv when I was sitting at my pc and hey ho it was bloody Skeletor again so I then needed a rant and what better place to do it...
    Forum Member
    Woowookid wrote: »
    Most of the LA Galaxy players are earning a tiny fraction of what Becks will be getting.

Are they going to be happy when he and Vicks start this show of flaunting their wealth and their habit of conspicuous consumption? This US jaunt is going to create a whole lot of bad feeling.

To be honest I think this could be the beginning of the end for brand Beckham..
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .....And not a moment too soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Well, I watched the programme last night (I won't give out any spoilers... Not that it's exactly a cliffhanger!)

General reaction in the papers (well, the Chicago Sun Times any road) was "What was the point of that then?". Brand Beckham appears very likely to be well on the road to dying on its arse here and no mistake. She was perceived as a completely pointless, scary looking bint, him as an oddity who, whilst may be a global sporting icon to many, won't really make a dent here as no one gives a monkey's about soccer. And from the Sun Times

"We have a surplus of famous-for being famous bimbos in this country. Do we really need to import any more?"

Sorry, re reading that, that was exceptionally dull. Anyway, that's a displaced brits view on it. :)
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Singer VICTORIA BECKHAM is surprised she has forged a successful pop career as she doesn't rate her own musical talents. The Spice Girls insists her real skill lies in fashion. She is currently working on her own line of jeans and sunglasses to be stocked in shops across America. She says, "This is just the beginning. I want to still be doing this in 20, 30, 40 years' time. I was never going to be the best singer, dancer or actress. "I worked hard at it and I did a pretty good job. But with fashion, I'm good at it."

But with Fashion, I'm good at it she says, talking out of her arse again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh fingers, toes and legs crossed :D

Glad America is already sick of the Buckhams and they've only been there 5 minutes...
  • PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't you choose the annoying sunglasses wearing poser on ITV and cheer yourself right up.... I have a feeling our little gathering may get busy later...:D

After much deliberation, hand wringing and soul searching the annoying sunglasses wearing poser on ITV won :D The other will keep for tomorrow :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    But with Fashion, I'm good at it she says, talking out of her arse again.

Good at fashion? She's good at putting clothes on? That's a life skill these days is it?

That's like saying I'm 'good at food' as I can find my mouth with an ice cream-loaded spoon, generally on the first attempt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They've overreached themselves this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got the same dilemma...

Sunglasses of justice or pignose in sunglasses LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lushlisa wrote: »
    I've got the same dilemma...

Sunglasses of justice or pignose in sunglasses LOL

:D:D:D

The dark side won me over, come on join us Horatio Caine will keep :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    :D:D:D

The dark side won me over, come on join us Horatio Caine will keep :D

Well, I've got it on ITV1 at the moment... if I can bear it long enough I stay, if not Horatio here I come.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody watching? I'm cringing already and that's only at the intro.

"The Royalty of European Celebrity"? That must be what they call themselves.
    Forum Member
    A Pig with a sense of humour...:D

Out of her own mouth...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cringing here too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's already fcuking annoying me... no wonder she fcuked the Americans off.

Too far up her own skinny butt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LMAO "I'm going to be low key"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only she had just picked up her bags (unlikely I know) and walked through without anyone knowing them :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anything I am enjoying the scenery
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Embarrassingly contrived.

Vix - your self deprecating 'humour' is not funny.
    Forum Member
    Me Me Me, I, I, I,

It's all about her and we're only 2 minutes in...:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    LMAO "I'm going to be low key"

Low Key... she doesn't know the meaning of Low key.

She makes Sophie 'me me me me' Anderton look normal... Veronica needs a reality check. Derek is the one coming to America, she's just tagging along for the ride.