Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Iceland have been over doing their adverts a bit this christmas I think
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »

They sure have and so have Sainsburys :mad:
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the Iceland ads have been mentioned on here before, but yesterday, I was watching the Crime Channel.

In the advert break, they had 4, yes FOUR, Iceland ads back to back.

Drove me nuts. Had to mute the tv!

Wholly appropriate that they show them on the Crime channel ;)

As for being mentioned before...........maybe once or twice :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Thats what I think too. The new version sucks :(

It has no soul to it. Even the other "reimagined" version from a few years back with Santa handing out gifts was better, and I hated that one at the time too.

This one is just irritating and smug and trying too hard to be trendy.
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Bradley from Eastenders promoting Orange's offer of money when topping up your mobile, with an irritating amount of "Kerching!".

That's clearly an American ad that's just been dubbed with a British voiceover - there are flutters of dollars for a start. And the pavements are far too wide.:D

Oh god, that way he says 'kerching' is bloody irritating, did he have to grab his balls whilst saying it.:p
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »

i am never minded to go to Iceland, but seeing the people and food on their adverts makes me determined never to visit one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry: The most distressing advert on TV is the Salvation Army's ad for funds to help support people at christmas.... Its heart rending
  • Options
    IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    :cry: The most distressing advert on TV is the Salvation Army's ad for funds to help support people at christmas.... Its heart rending
    they do wonderful work, altho I have never used their Soup Kitchens, I have used the foyer pour sans-abri, the French version of Salvation Army Soup Kitchen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Istvan wrote: »
    they do wonderful work, altho I have never used their Soup Kitchens, I have used the foyer pour sans-abri, the French version of Salvation Army Soup Kitchen

they do indeed, and I am full of admiration and donate... but those ads are so distressing, which of course is the point. Very effective.
    BUT how sad, it reminds me that some people are sorrowful and alone.... and this time of year makes it 100 times worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Yes indeed. It makes me squirm every time I see it. It's so lame, it's like it was thought up in a hurry by a group of early-twenties media-studies graduates. It really is sooo bad.

Never fear - I'm in my final year at Oxford right now, applying for lots of marketing/ad agency jobs. I want to be the bloke who vetoes all these terrible adverts. When I get that job, you're all invited to email me suggestions:D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I find the Susan Boyle ad a bit naff :o
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    The one advertising some drink and playing a very cheesy song. It shows a woman ironing, another one dancing and 3 people on a bus all singing parts of the song. This advert is very creepy and irritating to me.
    It's the way they're dressed and how enthusiastic the song and them are just because of a drink. I find it really weird.
  • Options
    BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the Iceland ads have been mentioned on here before, but yesterday, I was watching the Crime Channel.

In the advert break, they had 4, yes FOUR, Iceland ads back to back.

Drove me nuts. Had to mute the tv!

I counted 6 of the bleeding things on the Crime Channel the other night during one break.
    M & S done the same with 3 ads during one break on Sky News so unfortunately it looks like this is going to be a new trend - carpet bombing adverts There should be a law against it :mad::mad:
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tesco adverts are doing my head in.
    maybe they would like to show the 'real' picture..

using a self service till with a worker looking over to make sure you aint screwing the store over.
    or waiting in a que 10 in front of you with someone on the till who lost the will to live 20 years ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    It has no soul to it. Even the other "reimagined" version from a few years back with Santa handing out gifts was better, and I hated that one at the time too.

This one is just irritating and smug and trying too hard to be trendy.

What ones this? I've seen "Holidays are coming" a few times on the TV now this year, the other one where everyone has a bottle is really annoying though.
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Maltesers ads where those two witches take their mate a box of Maltesers and cos her nails are drying (which, if memory serves, doesn't take long) and then eat them loudly in front of her cooing SHAME!

I hate people eating on TV! I would've kicked those cows to the top of the tree.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Damanda wrote: »

That made me sad as well :(
  • Options
    fudbeerfudbeer Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theres one on the radio for lockets which basically has people coughing.

not great to hear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    AJXX wrote: »

Halifax: ISA ISA Baby. Could the manufacturers of television remotes include a button which, when pushed, causes all of the characters in this advert simply to explode?

This has already been done by the Eco-Fascists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfnddMpzPsM
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    The one advertising some drink and playing a very cheesy song. It shows a woman ironing, another one dancing and 3 people on a bus all singing parts of the song. This advert is very creepy and irritating to me.
    It's the way they're dressed and how enthusiastic the song and them are just because of a drink. I find it really weird.

That's the Lambrini advert and I find it annoying as well. The 'i am what I am' song is terrible. At first I thought it was a government warning advert for drinking.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Co Op advert that they bring out every Christmas is irritating; the that has 4 weeks till Chritsmas, 3 weeks till Christmas etc.... The song that accompanies it is also highly annoying.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    That's the Lambrini advert and I find it annoying as well. The 'i am what I am' song is terrible. At first I thought it was a government warning advert for drinking.

That's the name. It's awful. That song is so unpleasant to me and the people and whole advert are really fake. And it seems to be on all the time.
  • Options
    IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we-buy-any-car, with the Yeee ha cow-burk, why oh why didn't the rope go around his neck, or better still around the neck of the "Hot Gospel" singer
  • Options
    jenailsajenailsa Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Iceland one. I find Jason Donovan in suspenders somewhat sleazy...ugh
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate that ad for some weird powder stuff you shake over chicken and veg in a bag and bung it in the oven. That stupid woman dancing and the supposedly embarrassed teenage daughter are cringeworthy.

Regarding the Salvation Army ad. It is tearjerking but has it made any of you give a donation ? The first year it got me and I sent some cash bit now I am immune to it. Don't really like charity ads especially the ones with wide eyed children looking miserable. If only my kids had been more sad looking I could have made a fortune with an ad agency.
This discussion has been closed.