Options

Miss Calfornia, and her stance against Gay Marriage!

delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm so proud of her, for saying what she believes in! She said it in such a fair and nice way! I'm saddened by the fact it probably led to her not winning the title. But at least she was honest on tv..and didnt pander to Perez Hilton! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XMvviFbkf0

*California LOL

Comments

• Options
    HidetoshiNakataHidetoshiNakata Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    those american beauty contest/pageants are bizarre.

but I don't half like looking at those bigoted little twits in swimsuits :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'm delighted she lost - her views are, in my opinion wrong, and I am therefore glad she lost.

Frankly, if she wanted to be Miss USA and represent her country, then she should have been able to come up with a more diplomatic answer.

Stupid cow!
  • Options
    WiskasWiskas Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you proud of her? Is she a member of your family?
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess the content of what you're saying doesn't matter as long as you say it in a fair and nice way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said what she believed in, which is good. Perez is being an arse about it on Twitter, he's asking loads of other famous people what they think.
    For the record I support gay marriage, but I also support people having their own personal views on something.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Perez is an arse anyway. But Miss USA is a popularity contest largely, so this is hopefully a reflection of general American views, rather than just Perez.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly! He asked whether she believed in it or not?!?! Hence, she should be able to say no! :rolleyes: His shocked look was beyond the pale!

She said nothing bad or hateful! She spoke the truth! I agree 100%..marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN! ;)
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it sweet not to believe in equal rights? Charming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why beauty queens have a reputation for looking like dollybirds and not having a brain? It's one of life's mysteries I guess...

She's walking proof that you should let people believe you're stupid rather than open your mouth and prove them right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiskas wrote: »
    Why are you proud of her? Is she a member of your family?

No, but if she was, I would be telling everyone she was my daughter! A true role model! :D
  • Options
    WiskasWiskas Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delectable wrote: »
    No, but if she was, I would be telling everyone she was my daughter! A true role model! :D

A role model in what way?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    I don't think what she said was offensive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont understand the term gay marriage in america..

are they saying a civil union in which the couple get equal rights etc (like we have here) or just within the eyes of god? are civil unions availiable in all 50 states in america? im assuming by marriage they mean civil unions because otherwise there wouldnt be such controversy over it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's to be proud of? Being "pretty" - if that's the right word, her face is so tucked and made-up it's not even natural beauty. I'd rather girls look up to and have role models of strong, powerful, successful and intelligent women and aspire to be like that rather than just being "beautiful"... which every girl can be with a bit of slap, as this girl proves.
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why beauty queens have a reputation for looking like dollybirds and not having a brain? It's one of life's mysteries I guess...

She's walking proof that you should let people believe you're stupid rather than open your mouth and prove them right.

Her views don't make her stupid, intolerant perhaps, but they have no bearing on her intellect. She had the guts to be honest, so that shows she does actually have a brain.
  • Options
    molarammolaram Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    I'd rather girls look up to and have role models of strong, powerful, successful and intelligent women....

Like Mrs Thatcher!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    The question itself was offensive, why would you ask a hot potato question like that at a beauty contest? Flaming ridiculous!

What did they ask Miss Texas.
    What are your views on abortion?
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Hilton that's really shown himself up as an eejit.

He's the pinnacle of celeb-obsessed nothing culture, and his question was, as others have said, utterly pointless for the circumstances. Get's more people to his vapid website though, so job's a good 'un.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if it was that pointless a question.

http://www.pageant-tips.com/sample-pageant-interview-questions.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so proud of her, for saying what she believes in! She said it in such a fair and nice way! I'm saddened by the fact it probably led to her not winning the title. But at least she was honest on tv..and didnt pander to Perez Hilton! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XMvviFbkf0

*California LOL

Haven't California just outlawed gay civil marriages? so this might just be political.
  • Options
    Burning BallsBurning Balls Posts: 4,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffystev wrote: »
    Haven't California just outlawed gay civil marriages? so this might just be political.

She defends her remarks in this interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUlDpZ9MFgI

She says it was "Biblically correct".

LOL what??
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What worried me was when she said...

"My country.." and then added "my family believe.." and gave her answer. My country?! So the USA believes in same sex marriage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lover her more now! :D

The winner, looked Hawt too! :D
  • Options
    biomorph04biomorph04 Posts: 4,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind marriage, what about "Coming Out Insurance"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcg09Sce4N8

"For all those unexpected expenses that come along with having a gay kid."
  • Options
    Burning BallsBurning Balls Posts: 4,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lover her more now! :D

The winner, looked Hawt too! :D

You "lover" her? Have you even met her?

:p