OPERATION UNDERDOG - Starts Right here!

Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yes it has come to pass that the sex god Luke is in the final.

Vote, Vote, Vote, Vote, Vote, and Vote again to get Matt the prat out first and support your Olympic Underdog over errr ummm what is it that Matt the prat does again that is of any use and is not making his country proud?

Let's put a smile on our cheeky Crappie's face.

Comments

• Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no he sucks
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    He shouldn't win because he is not the best skater. Beth or Matt should win.
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (snip)
    Let's put a smile on our cheeky Crappie's face.

I wouldn't say he was that bad.
  • BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no he sucks

In Kolin's dreams he does... :D
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Balthus wrote: »

:eek: :eek:
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's likely Luke will be out first - unless something major happens again like tonight.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzbar wrote: »
    I think it's likely Luke will be out first - unless something major happens again like tonight.

It will! The public just don't like Matt the prat and he will be out first.

The public finally speaks after the Judge's gagging order.
  • blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balthus wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People of Hull are rooting for him :D

I wonder if they'll add 'winner of Dancing on Ice 2013' on to the bus that has his picture on :p (if he wins)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I join with pleasure xD
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Well the public showed what they do to judges pets in the first series.

The non skating always lifted/ carried Bonnie who could do no wrong in the judges eyes, was dumped out first in no uncertain terms.....

The same thing could happen to Matt this time round.
    Forum Member
    I hope Luke and Jenna win purely because I don't want another win by Dan or Brianne
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with Poth here, Dan's won it twice and Brianne won back in 2011.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is completely irrelevant whether a pro has won the show before or not and I'm fed up of the anti pro obsession on here both with DOI and with SCD that because so and so has done well they shouldn't the year after.

It is about the celeb not the pro I don't believe that Matt should win as I don't believe he is all that great but why should Beth have to lose out because Dan has won the show before it is not about the pro it is about the celeb.

Plus personally I don't think Luke is of a good enough standard to win and fair enough we don't know if he would have been in the skate off but think he is extremely lucky to have got to the final the way he has.
    Forum Member
    To be honest Dan and Brianne are the most recent winners (excluding nina who has been on maternity leave) so personally I'd like to give it to another professional and let someone else have a chance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    It is completely irrelevant whether a pro has won the show before or not and I'm fed up of the anti pro obsession on here both with DOI and with SCD that because so and so has done well they shouldn't the year after.

It is about the celeb not the pro I don't believe that Matt should win as I don't believe he is all that great but why should Beth have to lose out because Dan has won the show before it is not about the pro it is about the celeb.

Plus personally I don't think Luke is of a good enough standard to win and fair enough we don't know if he would have been in the skate off but think he is extremely lucky to have got to the final the way he has.

It's not just a bias in terms of 'fairness' that makes people want different pros to be showcased by ensuring some kind of level playing field in the allocation of celebrities. It's about ensuring viewer variety - particularly on SCD where the pro input is that much greater and the quality of routine is dependent on their inventiveness and teaching ability as much as on the celeb's skills. By relegating some pros to the status of 'prop for the duffer' you under-utilise their skills and end up with televisual porridge - same old same old.

Once they've been allocated then I agree I don't think it's fair to say 'X celeb shouldn't win because their pro has before', but equally I don't see why certain pros seem to get viable competitors year in, year out where others just don't (yes Brianne, I mean YOU). And that's particularly true on DOI, where T&D skills test everyone to get an idea of their talents.

Luke must know he's lucky and now has absolutely bog-all to lose, whereas the other two will be gritting their teeth to be edge-perfect. I doubt he'll win once the final voters start picking up their handsets, but I hope he does himself justice on the night.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    To be honest Dan and Brianne are the most recent winners (excluding nina who has been on maternity leave) so personally I'd like to give it to another professional and let someone else have a chance

But it's not about the pros ,it's about the celebs. No way Luke to win - he's only in the semi because Gareth was ill, and I'd have had him out weeks ago.
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    But it's not about the pros ,it's about the celebs. No way Luke to win - he's only in the semi because Gareth was ill, and I'd have had him out weeks ago.

But it's a partnership, it's Beth AND DAN not just Beth.

Whos to say Luke would have been in the skate off?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's a partnership, it's Beth AND DAN not just Beth.

Whos to say Luke would have been in the skate off?

It's so much of a partnership that when they announce the winner they only announce the celebs name not the pro so as far as the show is concerned it is about the celeb.

Again I still see no reason why a celeb should be discounted just because their pro has won before if you did that you would have some seriously useless celebs winning just so that a different pro could lift the title.

If you don't want the same pros winning then you would have to change pros every year and then you would have even more people moaning because of lack of consistency with the pro skaters and you don't get to know them etc etc.

Also no I don't think just because a pro has done well they should be saddled with a duff the next year in skating it is not as simple as that as there are factors that need taken into account when sorting partnerships however it does seem that Brianne in particular has been favoured somewhat and had a particulary good run of especially good people in the short time she has been in the show.
    Forum Member
    To be honest people say pros aren't relevant in the contest, how comes Dan makes it far everytime no matter who he's with (not a dig at Dan himself as I'm sure he is a lovely guy and a great trainer, but all we need to look at is Kerry Katona, Jennifer Ellison and Gaynor Faye)
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way should Luke win. He should not even have made it as far as the final in the first place. To win it would make a mockery of the show when clearly Matt & Beth are far far better.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Beth should win
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest people say pros aren't relevant in the contest, how comes Dan makes it far everytime no matter who he's with (not a dig at Dan himself as I'm sure he is a lovely guy and a great trainer, but all we need to look at is Kerry Katona, Jennifer Ellison and Gaynor Faye)

Maybe because as someone posted in another thread last night Dan seems to have the ability to connect with his partners and to get the best out of them regardless of how good or bad they are and the public like to see a genuine connection between the celeb and the pro. Usually you can tell when a pro and celeb don't get on so well as it tends to show in the performance. There has never been that with Dan he always seems to form genuine friendships and that is something the public like to see along with the learning to skate of course.

I think in series 1 Dan was lucky in that a lot of people still seemed to be annoyed by Bonnie from what she did previously and by the fact that she was the queen of lifts and pretty much started the whole thing of all the tricks rather than skating.

Gaynor in her own right was popular she was on Corrie, Fat Friends etc and as I said in another thread in the first series no real standard had been set and her skating although basic was clean and elegant and she had a great connection with Dan and it seems Dan is a good choreographer so came up with a fab bolero. Also you cannot argue any pre existing fanbases or Dan alone for series one as he was not really known to anyone at that point.

Jennifer actually had the potential to be a really good skater I think she lost a lot of confidence following the injury Dan sustained before the first show and her subsequent rib injury and then kicking herself in the head I think all of those knocked her down and I don't think she ever really got over it and didn't perform as well as I think she was capable of but IMO she on her own merit deserved to get to the semi final not because of Dan but because she was not that poor a skater she was certainly better than a lot of others who have gotten that far (Coleen being the most notorious IMO). Jen also would have had a large pre existing fanbase of her own as well

Kerry is the only one I may concede on as she was poor but I think although the Dan factor may have got her so far I think it was the fact that people were waiting for the "car crash" to happen and for her to have a meltdown which never happened so they kept voting to see what would happen. I also guess there are Kerry fans out there who would have wanted to see her continue in the show. I am a Dan fa

So I don't think it is fair to simply say Dan is the reason they all got so far.
  • don robertodon roberto Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Given that Luke is only in the final because of Gareth withdrawing, there is no chance of him winning. He is by far the weakest and is lucky to have survived for as long as he has. His Olympic medal is irrelevant, he may be good at boxing but certainly not at dancing on ice!
    Forum Member
    Given that Luke is only in the final because of Gareth withdrawing, there is no chance of him winning. He is by far the weakest and is lucky to have survived for as long as he has. His Olympic medal is irrelevant, he may be good at boxing but certainly not at dancing on ice!

Do we know for certain that Luke was in the B2?