Options

Israel start fresh attacks on Gaza

MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whatever your viewpoint on the problem, following a large number of Palestinianand other people from Gaza on Twitter, there have been reports of bombing in the Khan Younis district of Gaza, Palestine around 4:30am...
#Run_Khabibi is one account who's tweets have gotten me extremely angry for the poor people of Gaza...
Anyway thought I'd make a thread as non of the major news channels that I watch or read have reported it as of yet..

Comments

• Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pray to God for the poor pipeline of Gaza to emerge from such turbulent times, safe and strong.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    In response to a grad missile attack.

What do you expect the Israelis to do ?
  • Options
    psy7chpsy7ch Posts: 10,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »
    In response to a grad missile attack.

What do you expect the Israelis to do ?

stop building illegal settlements on occupied land would be a good first start.
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    out of interest. Why does Muslims hate the Jews? It's even written in their holy book.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    out of interest. Why does Muslims hate the Jews? It's even written in their holy book.

They seem to hate everyone whether they be Jewish,Gay,Christian,female or from a western civilisation. Sadly this hate nonsense even reaches themselves with their ugly divide between Shia and Sunni sects of Islam. They need to start pushing for a more secular peaceful future like we have in Europe where religious dominion has been resisted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »

There has been long periods of history when Jews and Muslims have got along very well. If you cant see how Israel has treated the Palestinians as a major source of resentment you are really not attempting to scratch under the surface as you seek to blame the muslims for the tensions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    psy7ch wrote: »
    There has been long periods of history when Jews and Muslims have got along very well. If you cant see how Israel has treated the Palestinians as a major source of resentment you are really not attempting to scratch under the surface as you seek to blame the muslims for the tensions.

While Israel are no innocents in this situation i have ask is there any county/land where Muslims coexist peacefully with other groups of people and have not caused said other people to feel resentful and angry? It seems to me that they anger people everywhere they go, even Buddhists in Burma can't deal with them without drama and bloodshed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    While Israel are no innocents in this situation i have ask is there any county/land where Muslims coexist peacefully with other groups of people and have not caused said other people to feel resentful and angry? It seems to me that they anger people everywhere they go, even Buddhists in Burma can't deal with them without drama and bloodshed.

Blaming the persecuted now. Next thing you will be saying it was their fault muslims were massacred by serbs in Bosnia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blaming the persecuted now. Next thing you will be saying it was their fault muslims were massacred by serbs in Bosnia.

All i am asking is why is this a recurring issue for Muslims? They fail to fit in anywhere, can't even live among themselves (sunni vs shia divide). I don't say this to hate as i genuinely want them to see religion is the issue here, we in Europe have finally realised that too much power to religion is poison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    All i am asking is why is this a recurring issue for Muslims? They fail to fit in anywhere, can't even live among themselves (sunni vs shia divide). I don't say this to hate as i genuinely want them to see religion is the issue here, we in Europe have finally realised that too much power to religion is poison.

read a history book instead of making sweeping genralisations. You may find it is quite a bit more nuanced. Regarding the current situation in the world the biggest source of a divisive and harsh version of islam has been Saudi Arabia, an oppressive state fully backed and armed by the US, just as in Afghanistan the US backed the more extreme versions. at the expense of the moderates during Russian occupation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    read a history book instead of making sweeping genralisations. You may find it is quite a bit more nuanced. Regarding the current situation in the world the biggest source of a divisive and harsh version of islam has been Saudi Arabia, an oppressive state fully backed and armed by the US, just as in Afghanistan the US backed the more extreme versions. at the expense of the moderates during Russian occupation.

I know this, trust me America's foreign policies do not impress me in the slightest.

EDIT: just want to add an apology to you psy7ch if i have offended with my comments.
  • Options
    ennuiennui Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, can you please correct your thread title, "Gaza begins new murderous rocket bombardment of Israel". I think we would all benefit from a more truthful and balanced presentation of the facts.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,587
    Forum Member
    ennui wrote: »
    OP, can you please correct your thread title, "Gaza begins new murderous rocket bombardment of Israel". I think we would all benefit from a more truthful and balanced presentation of the facts.

Was anyone killed by this alleged rocket attack from Gaza? For it to have been murderous then someone must have been killed. Israel has been waging war on the Palestinians for years with their land theft and by breaking more UN resolutions than any other country.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this not just standard operating procedure for Israel?
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    stop building illegal settlements on occupied land would be a good first start.

Maybe if Hamas stopped firing rockets and entered into peaceful negotiations they would have more joy.

Israel will retaliate when they are attacked with rockets, so carrying on doing the same thing seems rather stupid and pointless to me, and will only end with more Palestinian casualties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Was anyone killed by this alleged rocket attack from Gaza? For it to have been murderous then someone must have been killed. Israel has been waging war on the Palestinians for years with their land theft and by breaking more UN resolutions than any other country.
    The title of this thread is both inaccurate and misleading. The OP must surely see it would be correct for it to read "Gaza begins new murderous rocket bombardment of Israel", or sure enough this thread will just deteriorate into more of that hand-wringers-alliance, partisan, propaganda of hate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don.t get it why Israel attacks that retired England footballer all the time.
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There won't be peace over there while Netanyahu remains an influence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The title of this thread is both inaccurate and misleading. The OP must surely see it would be correct for it to read "Gaza begins new murderous rocket bombardment of Israel", or sure enough this thread will just deteriorate into more of that hand-wringers-alliance, partisan, propaganda of hate.

Again you use the word murderous so how many people were murdered in the alleged rocket strike from Gaza? You are saying the OP was misleading yet you are also misleading with your claim. Ah the hand wringing insult is out, well IMO hand wringers are preferable to blood thirsty maniacs who relish the indiscriminate slaughter of innocent civilians.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Again you use the word murderous so how many people were murdered in the alleged rocket strike from Gaza? You are saying the OP was misleading yet you are also misleading with your claim. Ah the hand wringing insult is out, well IMO hand wringers are preferable to blood thirsty maniacs who relish the indiscriminate slaughter of innocent civilians.

And no doubt they will be along soon enough to rub their hands in glee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again you use the word murderous so how many people were murdered in the alleged rocket strike from Gaza? You are saying the OP was misleading yet you are also misleading with your claim..
    Which "alleged" rocket "strike" do you allude to? All I am aware of is Israel once again is forced to defend itself from a bombardment of murderous, indiscriminate rockets, like a hail of hate raining down on innocent women and children of Israel. The international community should feel ashamed that Israel is left alone to endure this unimaginable, ceaseless, brutal terror.
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    So Israel should wait until somebody is killed or deactivate their anti-missile systems? If somebody shoots at you and misses, you don't want them to have another go and perhaps be successful next time.

This is the "cute and fluffy" people we're talking about.
    Link
    Hamas has been accused of using the cover of last summer’s war in Gaza to carry out summary executions, including to “settle scores” against opponents under the pretext they were “collaborators with Israel”.
    The claims that Hamas committed rights abuses amounting to war crimes are made in a damning report by Amnesty International highlighting abuses committed by Hamas during last summer’s 50-day war.
    It includes accusations that Hamas carried out the summary execution of at least 23 Palestinians and the arrest and torture of dozens of others, including members and supporters of Hamas’s political rivals, Fatah.
    Although Hamas described many of the summary executions as retribution against collaborators, according to Amnesty’s research some 16 were already in prison either serving sentences or in the midst of ongoing legal processes at the time the conflict broke out.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    maybe israel has been too soft recently so if the rockets are starting up again israel needs to be a lot tougher in response
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which "alleged" rocket "strike" do you allude to? All I am aware of is Israel once again is forced to defend itself from a bombardment of murderous, indiscriminate rockets, like a hail of hate raining down on innocent women and children of Israel. The international community should feel ashamed that Israel is left alone to endure this unimaginable, ceaseless, brutal terror.

The alleged rocket strike that was mentioned In the OP. Thought that was fairly obvious. You talk of a bombardment so how many rockets were fired? Israel does not stand alone, far from it. It receives financial and political support from the US. The shame is that the international community stands back and allows the Israeli state to steal land and continue with the building of illegal settlements.
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100 years from now this war will be over, with Palestine a footnote on maps.