An Issue Has Been Resolved (Post TATM)

Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
Forum Member
I don't know where this came from but look ...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb9qyuOyJ61qf8sfoo1_500.png

Hope it's true.

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn you work filter. What does it show?
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Wow! That's.... shockingly good.

If whoever wrote that isn't on the Dr Who writing staff, they should be.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Amy arriving in New York in 1963
    Her and Rory raising Melody
    Amy writing children's books, including one called 'The Legend Of Pandora's Box'
    Rory dying in 2000
    Amy dying around 2005
    Amy being one of the few journalists to interview Nixon
    Amy/Rory being power players of sorts
    Fighting against corruption
    The interview done by Sarah Jane Smith - March 26th 2005
  • zort70zort70 Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    If that isn't a real BBC generated thing, then whoever did it is a very clever person.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

I've seen it a few times from different people posting on various platforms. I understand whippersnappers call it "going viral".

It's really good.

It shows how Rory is indeed the master and his plan all along was to get hold of The Rani's fobwatch and convert her back again. He has done that now. The fobwatch was somewhere/when in New York. Amy was the Rani. He also needed a hospital pass with the wrong date and a duck pond to pull it off. It's great.

:D
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

In a nutshell: It shows a newspaper article about Amelia (Jessica) Williams, her life and what she and her husband accomplished. It says the article was written by Sarah Jane Smith.

Whoever created it done a very good job :)
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly fanmade.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Joking aside. It is really good.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    I've seen it a few times from different people posting on various platforms. I understand whippersnappers call it "going viral".

It's really good.

It shows how Rory is indeed the master and his plan all along was to get hold of The Rani's fobwatch and convert her back again. He has done that now. The fobwatch was somewhere/when in New York. Amy was the Rani. He also needed a hospital pass with the wrong date and a duck pond to pull it off. It's great.

Marvellous!
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's really good.

Tease :)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    ea91 wrote: »
    Clearly fanmade.

Definitely but it is rather good though.:D
    Forum Member
    Gave me goosebumps reading it, it's that good.
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame that this isn't canon, obviously because it's fanmade, but it's amazing nonetheless!
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    That is fantastic and not too fan-wanky for it to be ignored as nonsense. Everything written, *could* be true. Make it canon now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. Well written.:)
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    That is fantastic and not too fan-wanky for it to be ignored as nonsense. Everything written, *could* be true. Make it canon now!

Except the bringing up of Melody. Had they done that, it would entirely negate the psychopathy of her character, and therefore quite a large part of the Doctor's story.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Absolutely brilliant piece, but if Rory started in 1963 and died in 2000... he was 45 in TATM. Plausible?

Not sure myself as IIRC there was no actual mention of how old he was in that ep, so it could be plausible.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's inspired. If the Melody Malone book is going to be published, that should be the preface.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Love that, nice work whoever it was
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Very clever - not professional quality imo, nowhere near - but nevertheless very nice indeed :)

Thanks for posting it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    They never did a good job raising Melody if she still wanted to kill the doctor in lkh. Lol.
    Forum Member
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    Very clever - not professional quality imo, nowhere near - but nevertheless very nice indeed :)

Thanks for posting it!

What would a professional version of it look like then?

There was one line that jarred and the bringing up the young River contradicts established canon. But apart from that... wonderful, I thought.

I'm genuinely curious as to what makes you say it's not professional quality.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    What would a professional version of it look like then?

There was one line that jarred and the bringing up the young River contradicts established canon. But apart from that... wonderful, I thought.

I'm genuinely curious as to what makes you say it's not professional quality.

I don't want to go into specifics because that will detract from what there is there I think. I would rather just leave it that it's a lovely, really charming, fan piece that I thoroughly enjoyed, but imho it is not professional quality. It's a bit far off it.

Cheers :)
  • alphonsusalphonsus Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <SNIP>
    LOL

(That's 'this made me laugh out loud' for the non-whippersnapper generation)

Forum Member
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    I don't want to go into specifics because that will detract from what there is there I think. I would rather just leave it that it's a lovely, really charming, fan piece that I thoroughly enjoyed, but imho it is not professional quality. It's a bit far off it.

Cheers :)

Fair enough. Your opinion is your own. I do get that, you know. I was merely inviting you to substantiate it. :)