Options

iplayer desktop defaults

Hi.

I have a new laptop with the iplayer desktop pre-installed. It works okay but I have the following problems, and I'm wondering if anyone has an answer.

I series record some programmes, and this is confirmed, but then when I next open the desktop iplayer I see I have to hit 'series record' again. I'm wondering if this is related to the following issue.

On numerous occassions I've gone into preferences and increased the library space to 25 GB only for it to revert to the default 4.5 GB sometime after.

During playback both the time and slider at the bottom of the screen remain frozen, though they can be moved with the mouse, meaning if I want to skip something for example I don't know how far into the programme I've watched so don't know where to click on the slider. Hope this makes sense.

Any ideas or solutions?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi.

I have a new laptop with the iplayer desktop pre-installed. It works okay but I have the following problems, and I'm wondering if anyone has an answer.

I series record some programmes, and this is confirmed, but then when I next open the desktop iplayer I see I have to hit 'series record' again. I'm wondering if this is related to the following issue.

On numerous occassions I've gone into preferences and increased the library space to 25 GB only for it to revert to the default 4.5 GB sometime after.

During playback both the time and slider at the bottom of the screen remain frozen, though they can be moved with the mouse, meaning if I want to skip something for example I don't know how far into the programme I've watched so don't know where to click on the slider. Hope this makes sense.

Any ideas or solutions?

How much free space do you have? If you try to make more room than is available it will allow you to set the maximum. However, it will decrease if there is less available.

These all sound like disk issues. You could run a disk check and a defrag.

Please post back with more info on your OS and specs.