FYI: Aldi 'Portable Satellite System' £59.99 on Thu 22/5

2»

Comments

• Options
    StoppingServiceStoppingService Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

For those to whom the Aldi "Portable Satellite System" appealed but were thwarted by empty shelves, it's now available at Maplin, branded with the name of its manufacturer, Comag.

Comag/"Aldi" FTA system inc. dish at Maplin

Regards
  • Options
    kerrykerry Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    fennellal wrote: »
    Normaly with the Portable Satellite System from Aldi will contain a Comag sl25 digital satellite receiver, and a 35-38cm dish, The Receiver itself is rather good and the full EPG 7 days is designed for the German, Austrian market where the Comag receivers are made www.comag.de for other countrys such as the UK you will only receive a now & next programme guide, another issue is that depending where you are (south coast of Ireland and northeren regions of The UK & Ireland you will have a issue picking up some Astra 2D channels with the 35-38cm dish supplyed but saying that you can pick up a lot of other satellite survices across europe with it like Astra 19e and Hotbird 13e.

Watching the UEFA semi final on the Bee'b using a Lidl SL65/12 & the kit dish in the far south-west of Ireland. Only reception issues are with some Eurobird channels in very wet weather.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Nick{D}vB wrote: »

£50 sounds good, but it's out of stock - and anyway the price is now £99.99 at that Maplin link. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnes wrote: »
    £50 sounds good, but it's out of stock - and anyway the price is now £99.99 at that Maplin link. :(

Hardly surprising as that post is 1 year old today ;)

Happy birthday, post :D:D:D

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    LOL! :)

My mistake - but a good time to post an alert that the portable kit is on sale at Aldi again this coming week.
  • Options
    battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the link...on sale 21 May 09

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_9800.htm
  • Options
    pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picked one up in todays offer for £50. The picture shows the same receiver as the May one but doesn't have the 12v facility.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I have just been testing my Maplin portable kit (39in dish, similar to the Aldi one) in SE France and was amazed to discover all the UK FTA stuff (BBC, C4, C5, ITV etc) coming in as clear as you like. Not even rain caused problems.

I thought that this was on a narrow beam so that the rest of Europe couldn't get the FTA stuff and that you needed a large dish. Not that I am complaining, of course.

We were 900ft up and had a totally clear view South, don't know how much that would help.

Daniel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Hello, just a quicky for info.
    Comag sl25 full kit, not portable but includes dish and fittings and easyfind LNB (with built in led signal indicators) is on clearance in my local Netto for £15. Fifteen pounds, receiver, dish and lnb. Crazy.
    I suspect the easyfind LNB is worth that on its own.
    M