Options

Programmes you remember - but no one else does!

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,108
    Forum Member
    BinCat wrote: »
    A couple of shows from the mid 80's, think they were on a Friday night when I came in from youth club, Call Me Mister (had an Australian lead actor if I remember) and Rockliffe's Babies, which had a McCann brother in it.

Also there was a comedy, think it was the late 80's, called Mornin' Sarge, with Robin Driscoll, which was sort of a spoof version of The Bill, which I thought was hilarious but only lasted one series.

I used to love Rockliffe's Babies! Joe McGann was in it. When they stopped doing RB, they did a spin-off called Rockliffe's Folly.
  • Options
    BirdsworthBirdsworth Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Backs to the Land. A sitcom shown on Southern TV (plus don't know which other regions) about 3 landgirls during the war. The most memorable thing was probably the theme tune, and I can't remember if it was funny or not.

Enemy at the Door. Very good (I think) ITV drama series about the German occupation of the Channel Islands, also during the way. Simon Cadell played a really nasty piece of work German SS officer in one of his earlier roles.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember The Cedar Tree,an afternoon soap in the 70s?
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Silas - a badly dubbed programme involving a boy and a horse.
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    A couple of shows from the mid 80's, think they were on a Friday night when I came in from youth club, Call Me Mister (had an Australian lead actor if I remember) and Rockliffe's Babies, which had a McCann brother in it.

Also there was a comedy, think it was the late 80's, called Mornin' Sarge, with Robin Driscoll, which was sort of a spoof version of The Bill, which I thought was hilarious but only lasted one series.

Rockliffes Babies was a very good show.

Another BBC Friday night programme from the late 80's, Pulaski. A detective show within a detective show. Lasted one series I think, never to be seen again.
  • Options
    chimp123chimp123 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    What about TFI Friday with Chris Evans
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Lottie: The Story of a Dolls' House. That was the freakiest, scariest "kids" show ever made and I still remember the baddie china doll trying to burn all the wooden dolls by setting fire to the house. I repeat. This was a kids' show!
    Oh, and The Moomins, Children of the Dogstar, The Prisoner (the original one with the excellent Patrick Macgoohan). And, Terrahawks. More scary offerings for the kids courtesy of evil puppets.