Options

Anyone else feel that normality slightly bypasses them?

13»

Comments

• Options
    miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often wonder the same. I rarely ever encounter people with similar tastes to me. Pretending to like X Factor and joining in the 'I'm a Celeb' conversations at work would instantly gain me popularity credits but I just can't bring myself to watch even a second of that trash! It actually repulses me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do sometimes wonder why I can't be normal like other girls and be married or in a long term relationship. I've never wanted to get married or have children but I did used to want to be in a relationship. Now I don't even want that.

I was watching something on tv the other night and this bloke was all over the girl he was going out with (he was minging but she didn't seem to mind) and I was just thinking if that were me I'd be telling him to **** off and quit poking and pawing me!

I do accept the way I am now but I do sometimes wonder why I am like this.
  • Options
    CyanidePillCyanidePill Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I'm a failure too.

Join the club.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but things that seem to come so naturally to everyone else just slightly pass me by.....a healthy relationship, a career/job, normal family life, ability to be 'normal (:D) etc etc etc.

Think I must be a freak of nature :p

No, you're actually quite normal, although the jury is out as to what the word normal actually means!

A lot of what happens to us is dictated by events and our situation at the time. There is no such thing as normal really, just whatever is normal for us individually. Maybe you're just being too hard on yourself!
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried being normal once - worst five minutes of my life!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Mike Hawke wrote: »
    Being normal is overrated. And boring. I can never see myself "settling down", it's just not me!!

I'm the same. I'm happy being single and not really bothered about relationships. I hope to have a good career though.