The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    We can't view those images as the account is protected.
  • thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    oh right, I forgot.

Sorry, Can't unprotect as some of the stuff I posted are private

Forum Member
    Trailer here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01hrx8q

The new house, I'm not sure.
    Forum Member
    Connor Byrne tweeted this:

"The Dumping Ground will go on TV in the new year.....but be prepared for a surprise..... before then"
    Forum Member
    Christmas Special

The Dumping Ground: Jody In Wonderland

Confirmed for CBBC on 16 December at 5.00pm to 6.00pm

In today’s special Christmas episode of The Dumping Ground, Jody is faced with a terrible dilemma when she’s asked to make a witness statement against her brother Kingsley, who has been charged with burglary and handling stolen goods.

Her mother begs her not to do it as she’s scared of what may happen if Kingsley gets acquitted, but for Jody, if Kingsley is found guilty and sent to prison, it could mean that his tyrannical hold on the family will be loosened and Jody may be able to live with them again.

With her mind spinning about what she should do, Jody leaves Mike’s office and is startled to see a white rabbit running by. And it’s not just any white rabbit: this one is wearing a waistcoat from which he takes a pocket watch and is stressing about how late he is.

Jody follows him into a rather unfamiliar world and, as she tries to find her way home again, she meets many strangely familiar – yet utterly different – characters. And they don’t appear to be making her emotional journey to her decision about Kingsley any easier at all...
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting. Thanks for the heads up.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't been in this thread for a while. Incase you guys didn't know, Hassan was banned not long ago which came to a shock to some of us when told on the X-Factor thread and I thought it wouldn't be for too long (maybe a week or two) but unfortunately it seems like it is permanent.

You can see the trailer of the Christmas special here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01myglc

Just to let you guys know, Gina and Elektra will not be appearing in this series. Two new characters are expected to appear (one including a new care worker).

Also
    Richard Wisker has confirmed that he will be returning as Liam.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Elektra??

Bah, humbug.
    Forum Member
    Haven't been in this thread for a while. Incase you guys didn't know, Hassan was banned not long ago which came to a shock to some of us when told on the X-Factor thread and I thought it wouldn't be for too long

Woah.What was the reason? trolling?

Here's the Episode Description for Episode 1.

In today’s episode, when young Bailey Wharton is found living on his own, he is summarily placed in care in The Dumping Ground. Despite Mike’s doubts, Bailey is adamant that his father, Jimmy, will be back any minute to pick him up and that he would never miss his son’s all-important league-cup final.

But as the event gets closer, Bailey hears nothing from his dad and starts to lose patience, running off to attend the match himself – with disastrous consequences for Faith who tries to stop him.

Meanwhile, when Tyler starts a calorie-controlled (sweets-only) diet to try to lose weight, new care worker May-Li sets out to prove that you can eat good, wholesome food and stay healthy as well.

The Christmas special looks poor from the trailer. Is it a dreamworld?
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this today and I said months ago there was a New house
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah.What was the reason? trolling

No idea. Maybe something to do with the ratings thread but I'm really not sure what happened.
    Here's the Episode Description for Episode 1.

In today’s episode, when young Bailey Wharton is found living on his own, he is summarily placed in care in The Dumping Ground. Despite Mike’s doubts, Bailey is adamant that his father, Jimmy, will be back any minute to pick him up and that he would never miss his son’s all-important league-cup final.

But as the event gets closer, Bailey hears nothing from his dad and starts to lose patience, running off to attend the match himself – with disastrous consequences for Faith who tries to stop him.

Meanwhile, when Tyler starts a calorie-controlled (sweets-only) diet to try to lose weight, new care worker May-Li sets out to prove that you can eat good, wholesome food and stay healthy as well.

The Christmas special looks poor from the trailer. Is it a dreamworld?

I suspect so. Jody will probably dream about it after hearing the news about my brother but we'll see I guess.
  • kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch this tonight? Who was playing the cheshire cat?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiteflyer wrote: »
    Anyone watch this tonight? Who was playing the cheshire cat?

Frank.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed by that. It just felt really weak for a christmas special and I couldn't get into it. I look forward to seeing the new series in the new year though.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to think the original Tracey Beaker was good. I used to watch it when my sister was growing up. I have never had the chance to watch the spin off from that.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How was the Christmas Special?
  • kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Frank.

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was the Christmas Special?

I personally thought it was pretty weak for the reasons above. But, I'm sure that the new series in the will be very promising in the new year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a trailer of Series 2! Looks quite interesting so far, and it starts on the 10th of Jan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01nrbc3

And here's another trailer on Liam's story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01nrfdt

Gulftastic wrote: »
    No Elektra??

Bah, humbug.

I will definitely miss the presence of both Gina and Elektra.
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I used to think the original Tracey Beaker was good. I used to watch it when my sister was growing up. I have never had the chance to watch the spin off from that.

TSOTB was great, I enjoyed all 5 series, especially the third one! The movie was very moving too. I recommend that you give Tracy Beaker Returns and The Dumping Ground a try aswell (if you get the chance). Both spin offs still offer some comedy like TSOTB but they also focus more on the tough issues which makes it great and interesting to watch. On occasion, there are a few poor episodes but the majority are really good viewing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I just caught up on the Christmas special! Sorry to say I found it very boring for the whole 'Wonderland' segment. I think because TBR/DG has always been so real LOL. It was hard to adjust.

I wish Gina hadn't left, but glad Elektra is gone.
  • Legend16Legend16 Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I don't think it fit the context of a 'Christmas' special at all. It seemed very odd even though it was clearly a play on Alice in Wonderland.

I'm still looking forward to the new series, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just caught up on the Christmas special! Sorry to say I found it very boring for the whole 'Wonderland' segment. I think because TBR/DG has always been so real LOL. It was hard to adjust.

I wish Gina hadn't left, but glad Elektra is gone.

BIB - This! Exactly the reason why I couldn't adjust to it either! Thank you for reasoning it better than me!:D
    Legend16 wrote: »
    I don't think it fit the context of a 'Christmas' special at all. It seemed very odd even though it was clearly a play on Alice in Wonderland.

I'm still looking forward to the new series, though.

I'm guessing this was Hassaan? I do hope you find another way to come back on the forums soon.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not really watched this since Tracy Beaker moved on ... has it been explained why there's a new house?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a sneak peek of the first episode which airs on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01nw5xm
    DJGM wrote: »
    I've not really watched this since Tracy Beaker moved on ... has it been explained why there's a new house?

Correct me if I'm wrong but last time, I heard that the old building was being demolished?

It wasn't explained on the Christmas special but maybe it will be explained in future episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winter99 wrote: »
    I think their should be a Dumping Ground Xmas Special! :)

Your wish came true!:D

I was pretty disappointed with it though.