Options

Final fantasy 7 coming to PS4 ANNOUNCED AT E3??

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Well, they made a list of many games coming 2015 AND 2016 so it is safe to assume they are hinting that FF7 could be out in 2016.

I don't believe it.

It'll be 2017. I'm willing to bet my sandwich on it.
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I don't believe it.

It'll be 2017. I'm willing to bet my sandwich on it.

I agree, I was sure it will be out in 2017, hence why I got surprised when I saw this. I'm just glad it won't be later than that, because some believe the game won't come until 2019.

Recently I read so many articles where people worry how much different the game will be. Many just want everything the same, just advanced graphics. It is fairly obvious even without these updates from Nomura this won't be the case just by looking at the title really - If they planned just better graphics then the game would be announced as a Remaster just like FFX/X-2 was, but they clearly said remake so it is bound to be different.

I just don't get all this negativity, the fans begged Square Enix for years to do this and now that they have, most people just complain and worry. Like I said, you will always have the original so its unnecessary to moan if some things will be different - I mean, how ridiculous would Red XIII look in brilliant graphics now if he tried to pass the guards by dressing up like one?

But anyway, I completely forgot about this scene until someone mentioned it and now I wonder if THAT will stay in. I see this from completely different view now that I'm 28, I didn't understand anything when I was a kid :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWVdv4Qalcg

I'm pretty sure this will be altered or even cut but I'm allowed to dream :D And hey, they already confirmed Cloud in a dress is happening so maybe, just maybe this will also stay.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4 exclusive!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    PS4 exclusive!?

All we know for now that it will be on PS4 but who knows, maybe they will announce it for other consoles in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, I was sure it will be out in 2017, hence why I got surprised when I saw this. I'm just glad it won't be later than that, because some believe the game won't come until 2019.

Recently I read so many articles where people worry how much different the game will be. Many just want everything the same, just advanced graphics. It is fairly obvious even without these updates from Nomura this won't be the case just by looking at the title really - If they planned just better graphics then the game would be announced as a Remaster just like FFX/X-2 was, but they clearly said remake so it is bound to be different.

I just don't get all this negativity, the fans begged Square Enix for years to do this and now that they have, most people just complain and worry. Like I said, you will always have the original so its unnecessary to moan if some things will be different - I mean, how ridiculous would Red XIII look in brilliant graphics now if he tried to pass the guards by dressing up like one?

But anyway, I completely forgot about this scene until someone mentioned it and now I wonder if THAT will stay in. I see this from completely different view now that I'm 28, I didn't understand anything when I was a kid :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWVdv4Qalcg

I'm pretty sure this will be altered or even cut but I'm allowed to dream :D And hey, they already confirmed Cloud in a dress is happening so maybe, just maybe this will also stay.

I have played FF7 many many times, the latest been earlier this year, and I don't remember that scene ! Was it optional ?

I agree with your points. I don't understand all the bitching either. I'm up for SE to do whatever they want with the game. I'm fully expecting it to be very different to the original, but with the same story, characters and such. I don't think a carbon copy of the original would work. It's a very bizarre game, a lot of weird shit happens and while I'd like things like the cross dressing to remain, I expect it won't be the same.

I can't wait, it's going to be amazing, even if its all different.
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    PS4 exclusive!?

For release in 2017, makes no sense developing for PS3. Pretty sure it'll be on Xbone after a while, too.

They'd better not cut out the Honeybee Inn!

(Yes, it was optional, if you missed getting the members card then Don Corneo won't pick Cloud to be his "companion")
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Update on the game:

Update on the state of the Final Fantasy VII Remake reveals the title's visuals are starting to come together, but experimentation is ongoing when it comes to combat.

That's according to producer Yoshinori Kitase, who told Famitsu (via Gematsu) that progress is being made, while reiterating what has been said previously about the need to update the old turn-based battle system.

We’re starting to see the visual direction,” Kitase said. “On the other hand, we’re currently working out the battle system and such through trial-and-error. Since there’s a possibility that the command battle system of the old days might not work today, we’re thinking hard about what kind of direction we can take it.

“Normally, when you do a remake, it becomes somewhere along the lines of a familiar action RPG, so we’re looking at how we can put out something like Final Fantasy VII while still surprising players.

"Please don’t ask about how far into development we are and such
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    They need to not stray too far with these things. It's a remake afterall. Certain things made these games great. The combat is one such factor. Let's not turn it into something unrecognisable. We don't for example, want anything approach FFXII's battle system surely!? There's nothing wrong with conditional turn-based combat, or active time battle combat IMO.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    They need to not stray too far with these things. It's a remake afterall. Certain things made these games great. The combat is one such factor. Let's not turn it into something unrecognisable. We don't for example, want anything approach FFXII's battle system surely!? There's nothing wrong with conditional turn-based combat, or active time battle combat IMO.

I definitely agree but unfortunately I can see them changing it completely.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I definitely agree but unfortunately I can see them changing it completely.

I'm glad this is coming out now rather than a few years down the line. I haven't gotten overly attached to the idea of the remake just yet, so if they do start tinkering and changing things that should stay then I doubt I'll be picking it up.

Again, just don't see the point in remaking something if you're going to start d1cking about with things that made it popular in the first place.

SE once again determined to take a great idea and somehow sieze defeat from the jaws of victory. Guess we should probably be used to it by now, long gone are the glory days of Squaresoft.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they said they are discussing things. I won't freak out before I actually see the same, I don't see the point in worrying. I am certain they will take this very seriously and VERY carefully though, FF7 is their most loved game after all.

But it is inevitable that some fans will love and some fans will hate the remake no matter what they do. I mean, there are those who want everything the same just with awesome graphics - that won't happen of course because that wouldn't be a remake then but a remaster like FFX/X-2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally something new. A new trailer that shows also gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDnbo0MDZyE

I think it is amazing, just wow! I'm sure many will be disappointed by the gameplay but I don't mind at all, I think the old way would have looked weird with such amazing visuals.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like they've made it an action RPG. Awesome! Now I will buy it.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll admit to being one of those who really wanted it to be turn based, but I'm still excited for this regardless. Hopefully they'll start releasing character trailers soon, showing off everyone with their fancy new graphics, with the last trailer of course being Sephiroth.
  • Options
    Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I dont think its completely action. Notice the command options and gauges.

Looks amazing though.
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voice actor for Cloud seems good, which I'm happy about. I'm just hoping they don't screw up Sepiroth!
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does look amazing, I really hope they want to do it on Xbox One as well.
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm totally on board with this remake and everything, but I can't help but hope the world will eventually see Final Fantasy 8 for masterpiece it is and remake that too. A girl can dream, and I am seriously dreaming here, because it ain't going to happen.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I'm totally on board with this remake and everything, but I can't help but hope the world will eventually see Final Fantasy 8 for masterpiece it is and remake that too. A girl can dream, and I am seriously dreaming here, because it ain't going to happen.

Youre dreams may come true :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think it is possible since they did mention they would like to remake/remaster more titles. I mean, FF X/X2 Remaster was a success and I'm sure FF7 will have massive sales so I wouldn't be surprised if they continue with remakes/remasters.

By the way, FF 8 is also my favorite in the series, I LOVE it, the story, the character development are all great. I was surprised when I noticed the game has mixed reviews, I never understood why. I mean sure, the time travel thing is a bit strange at time but FF7 also has some weird moments in the game, no doubt about that.

When it comes to FF7 remake, I am mostly curious on how they will do the world map travel and whether they will keep different choices that sometimes effected the plot (the date, Hindwind conversation with Tifa etc...). Also, I think it would be nice if they extend the ending a bit, it always seemed a bit rushed in the end with that last short animation.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they keep the 'Knights of the Round Table' attack and up the animation for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When it comes to FF7 remake, I am mostly curious on how they will do the world map travel and whether they will keep different choices that sometimes effected the plot (the date, Hindwind conversation with Tifa etc...). Also, I think it would be nice if they extend the ending a bit, it always seemed a bit rushed in the end with that last short animation.

I can see the highwind being In the game but it being mostly used as a hub to fast travel like in Final Fantasy X, also regarding the ending I can see them including a lot of post game content

I'm just hoping for more fleshed out side missions, maybe monster hunter quests where you hunt things like the Midgar Zolom
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they keep the 'Knights of the Round Table' attack and up the animation for it.

If they do this, I really hope they make it skippable
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    If they do this, I really hope they make it skippable

Yes I agree it should be skippable, although that will probably mean people won't watch it after the first couple of times, so it may not be worth the effort.

But it would be good to see it in Hi Resolution at least once. Also when you defeat one of the Weapons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG I love the FF7 theme you get when the game. It's amazing.

AMAZING !!!!!!