The Julia Brogan Appreciation Thread

jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
Forum Member
✭✭
I absolutely loved her and thought she was one of Brookie's best-ever creations. Played to a tee by Gladys Ambrose, I think she was one of the most underrated comical characters in soap.

As older characters go, she was not quite in the Corrie Blanche league, but certainly knew how to hold her own

Mint Imperial anyone?!!!:D:D

Comments

• alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    She was very funny and died soon after she left I think
  • AllyLKAllyLK Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was a great character always talking out of turn not really knowing 100% what the facts were! If I remember correctly she was Doreen Corkhill's mother. I loved how she and Jimmy Corkhill never saw eye to eye on anything. The funniest scenes I recall was when Jackie Corkhill was pregnant with William but they all thought she was feeling unwell due to the start of the menopause. Julia started giving her HRT patches, which made Jackie worse. When Jimmy found out he went crazy and accused Julia of being a drug dealer!!

The actress died while still in the show so Julia naturally was off screen for months and then they wrote her out with Max & Susannah sitting in the living room looking at a photo of her with Susannah explaining from a letter that Julia had fallen in love and moved away happy with her new beau.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,926
    Forum Member
    Loved Julia and her white stilettos.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    "Oooh I've been sick to my stomach! I've never had a morning like it!"
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Loved Julia. Loved the way she pronounced Farbham. Mrs Farn Ham!