Rebecca next weekend

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »

Problem with Mercy is that so many contestants have auditioned singing this song thats its become boring. I think the song needs to be big, well known but not done before and something that gives the wow factor both vocally and visually. Rebecca has it, its just picking the right song within the rules of xfactor
  • KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy crap. I am astounded by those youtube links someone posted. I had Rebecca down as boring and a one trick pony. Bloody X Factor, why do they have to DO that to her? If she started doing some proper dance tracks like that I reckon she'd be unstoppable.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I want to see her do River Deep Mountain High by Ike and Tina Turner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »

Wow! It would be an excellent choice for her!!
  • marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have relistened Chain reaction, and yes, that would be perfect for her.
    Anything of Duffy would be good, but it would be a bit safe again, although is more mid tempo than what she has done so far. But as mentioned it could be considered too karaoke.

I really hope she doesn't do techno, it may put off some viewers that are fans of hers. I understand that they ma have been building up her fan base repeating ballads. She ca't deviate too much from her sound or they may loose voters. however from next week, if there are really two performances each, then there is no excuse.

Also, I dont think that the creative and styling team are doing much to help her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Street Life would suit her
  • RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marinamau wrote: »
    I have relistened Chain reaction, and yes, that would be perfect for her.
    Anything of Duffy would be good, but it would be a bit safe again, although is more mid tempo than what she has done so far.

I really hope she doesn't do techno, it may put off some viewers that are fans of hers. I understand that they ma have been building up her fan base repeating ballads. She ca't deviate too much from her sound or they may loose voters. however from next week, if there are really two performances each, then there is no excuse.

Also, I dont think that the creative and styling team are doing much to help her.

Good points. The techno would, as you say, lose her as many votes as it gained and the drastic switch-up would possibly even make her look more like a smart arse trickster than versatile performer. Would look too much like a plan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holy crap. I am astounded by those youtube links someone posted. I had Rebecca down as boring and a one trick pony. Bloody X Factor, why do they have to DO that to her? If she started doing some proper dance tracks like that I reckon she'd be unstoppable.

The same can be said about many other contestants from past series. Having 'elton john' or beatles' or queen' weeks do not do them justice and they are so very very limited to one genre of music. In the real world, these successful artists can only do one type of music!

The best week this series was the american week because there was so much more choice they could do. Theme weeks should be much more broader so there is plenty of choice for any contestant to pick a song that shows off their talents. What Rebecca is going through is just highlighting my point
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, Rebecca hasn't had huge dance productions, maybe because she doesn't need them, but I think even if she doesn't dance (as mentioned in this thread already) she would still command the stage. She needs a very subtle choreography.

She is a tall beautiful girl with a great voice and she has presence. She only needs to build up some confidence and she could very well wow everyone.

But please, Cheryl, Bryan, Grace give her the attention that she deserves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I kind of like how she is styled. The stylists this year are doing a much better job than the last year ones. It hasn’t been spot on every single time, but over all they’ve definitely stepped up in the styling department.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asitis wrote: »
    I kind of like how she is styled. The stylists this year are doing a much better job than the last year ones. It hasn’t been spot on every single time, but over all they’ve definitely stepped up in the styling department.

Yes, I like a lot how she is styled, but a bit of diversity could be nice too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you think about it, any successful performer is only ever good at one particular gene of music. I can't imagine guns n roses doing a dance week, or elton john doing a rap week etc, so its no wonder why the past couple of weeks have been flat with the contestants performances. With the exception of wagner who is just a joke, I want to see everyone being able to utilize their talents and its a complete lie when the likes of louis say they have to be versatile, this is not true in the real world of music (westlife can only sing one type of music) not to the extent xfactor try to take it

Im interested in finding a true talent, and making someone like Rebecca sing 'yesterday' is not going to show it, this is not her thing. Her thing seems to be hidden away so we don't see it and most people are unaware of it. Ruth from last year is another example, if she was allowed to be the rock chick and sing songs like purple rain then the whole show would be so much more interesting and real...but we never saw this in her until the sing off...why not let her sing this during the competition
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So i'm sure we all agree that Rebecca likely escaped the bottom 2 by the skin of her teeth this week...

Here are some suggestions to put Rebecca back in the running and give her a chance of winning!

As the contestants get two songs each this weekend, I think an uptempo is essential for Rebecca. Even if she isn't dancing herself, some dancers on stage and a bit more of a performance than usual will help her. And for her second song, she needs a song with some big notes so she can really show her range off. 'Candle In The Wind' was a nice performance but a little flat, and 'Yesterday' was completely flat... She needs something BIG!

What do you guys think?

Yes, I agree with you, we want Rebecca back to her best like she has been most weeks. Just a Blip, she will be fine next week and give two great performances, that I am sure of!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    marinamau wrote: »
    The choices last two weeks have been not very good. It looks to me that Cheryl (and her team) have been thinking too much about Katies

The last song is the Katie's choice. Katie performs better with it's own choices.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca needs to sing "Free Your Mind" by En Vogue and just cut loose. She would bring the house down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skin of her teeth? She's second to no one in this competition what are you on? :D:D:D:D:D:D

I have to agree. Sorry. I do like Rebecca, she's lovely and has a beautiful voice but she sings with no connection to the lyrics and that annoys me every week.
    For me also her Beatles week performance was second worst next to Wagner.
    Cheryl could do so much more to mentor Rebecca better. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    bbxbm wrote: »
    When you think about it, any successful performer is only ever good at one particular gene of music. I can't imagine guns n roses doing a dance week, or elton john doing a rap week etc, so its no wonder why the past couple of weeks have been flat with the contestants performances.

That is true, but they do show versatility within that genre, for example Welcome to the Jungle vs November Rain - both GnR songs, both rock, but completely different approaches. And EJ went from high tempo pop to sweeping ballads fairly effortlessly.

What Rebecca needs to do:
    1) Different staging - standing rooted to the spot, head slightly bowed, one hand pushing away an imaginary ghost does not a good performance make (put it another way - it's all we've seen her do - could you sit through a 10-15 song concert of this? No? Thought not).
    2) Wider song choice - already discussed in this thread - one trick pony is a very apt description at this point in the competition - even Wagner is showing more versatility. Not well, but you know what I mean.
    3) Stop using the phrase "Aye'm comin' art a me shell" or variants on it. Seriously. How big is that shell? (to be fair I think she didn't use it this week)
    4) Stop showing the nerves - though to be fair she has good reason - zero press compared to the Weasel, and as time goes on it becomes more and more likely she will end up in the bottom two against her Unkickableoutness. :confused:
    5) Companion point to point one - Rebecca is a gorgeous young lady - can she not be styled in a more contemporary fashion? I don't mean tracksuits and bling etc. but the 50s ballgown and retro hair do look has now been done.

Just my 2p worth. Hello everybody by the way! Long time reader, incredibly occasional poster...
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she needs to do something, really dont look forward to her any more its boring and predictable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is true, but they do show versatility within that genre, for example Welcome to the Jungle vs November Rain - both GnR songs, both rock, but completely different approaches. And EJ went from high tempo pop to sweeping ballads fairly effortlessly.

What Rebecca needs to do:
    1) Different staging - standing rooted to the spot, head slightly bowed, one hand pushing away an imaginary ghost does not a good performance make (put it another way - it's all we've seen her do - could you sit through a 10-15 song concert of this? No? Thought not).
    2) Wider song choice - already discussed in this thread - one trick pony is a very apt description at this point in the competition - even Wagner is showing more versatility. Not well, but you know what I mean.
    3) Stop using the phrase "Aye'm comin' art a me shell" or variants on it. Seriously. How big is that shell? (to be fair I think she didn't use it this week)
    4) Stop showing the nerves - though to be fair she has good reason - zero press compared to the Weasel, and as time goes on it becomes more and more likely she will end up in the bottom two against her Unkickableoutness. :confused:
    5) Companion point to point one - Rebecca is a gorgeous young lady - can she not be styled in a more contemporary fashion? I don't mean tracksuits and bling etc. but the 50s ballgown and retro hair do look has now been done.

Just my 2p worth. Hello everybody by the way! Long time reader, incredibly occasional poster...

I agree with what you say. i think she is got it in herself, she just needs to go and do it.
  • becksy1892becksy1892 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    From the %s i read on twitter she was far from the bottom two...second to Matt.

I love her but agree she wasnt good on Saturday. Agree with poster above, would love to see her to Dog days are over by Florence & the machine. Give her performance a bit of drama :)
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lindaw wrote: »
    Street Life would suit her

Best suggestion I have seen on here.

She should stay a million miles away from Duffy or Eartha Kitt as she will only be compared and lose her 'unique' tag stright away.

Definitely not WHitney either, she would have no chance and IMO Whitney:yawn: only ever did one good song!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd LOVE to see her do 'Bulletproof', amazing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd LOVE to see her do 'Bulletproof', amazing!

but then she'd have to move, and she doesn't like moving