Options

If they want to try a new format in Breskfast TV how could it be done successfully

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
as much as I like Adrian Chiles I don,t think he was quite right for the morning

Same with Christine-okay presenter but not quite right for daytime

But I do applaud the original Daybreak team for at least trying to bring something new to the table

Just one to many gimmicks

If any feuture breakfast show wants to deviate a bit from the TVAM and GMTV days how could they do it successfully

I am all for a breakfast show which has somthing for everyone with no fluffy celeb title-tattle

As well as some news They could cover topics like

Sport

Business

Science

The Arts

Consumer Investigations

only covering noteworthy entertainment stories

And that sort of thing

All in a Channel Four News style

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    By getting Igglepiggle , Uppsy Daisy & Macca Pacca off the dole & back on the screen. Nothing would get your day off to a better start than watching Igglepiggle squeak & fall over , let alone the delights of Uppsy Daisy presenting the weather & Macca Pacca interviewing the zelebs & other has beens in need of publicity, failing that the test card, pages from ceefax , open university programms from the late 70's / 80's , Laurel & Hardy films, Phil Silvers Show , Buster Keaton, Harold LLoyd , Charles Chaplin films plus copius amounts of Charlie Brown , Nogin The Nog , Ivor The Engine , & the early series of Thomas The Tank Engine.

:)
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a Big Breakfast style show tried again or better yet bring back The Big Breakfast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if the new Daybreak fails do you think ITV would pull out of the breakfast battle altogether
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    retroguy wrote: »
    And if the new Daybreak fails do you think ITV would pull out of the breakfast battle altogether

I think that's 'when' rather than 'if'.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Something in the style of Chris Moyles radio show.

There's a gap needs filling.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    retroguy wrote: »
    I am all for a breakfast show which has somthing for everyone with no fluffy celeb title-tattle

As well as some news They could cover topics like

Sport

Business

Science

The Arts

Consumer Investigations

only covering noteworthy entertainment stories

And that sort of thing

All in a Channel Four News style

The show you're describing went to air in 1989 as The Channel Four Daily and lasted barely three years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Something fresh, newsy but entertaining. Coming from the This Morning Studio with maybe some familiar faces other than Lorraine, but not nobodies either. Air it until 9am with an hour long show at 9. Axe Kyle it's the only way ITV will regain dignity.

Female Host Choices: KateG, Helen Fospero, Ranvir Singh, Kay Burley, Anna Jones, Charlotte Hawkins
    Male Hosts: AndrewC, Colin Brazier, Matt Barbet, Gethin Jones, Matt Teale, Ian Axton (West Country)
  • Options
    quislingquisling Posts: 2,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a start, I'd like the BBC to put on a harder news programme.
    I don't know who made the law about morning news having to be presented on a sofa, but I bet James Naughtie and John Humphrys sit on a hard bench in their studio.

Then ITV could stop pretending to do news and just concentrate on slebs, Take A Break style 'true stories' and what Primark have on the shelves this season.
    Lorraine could be mumsy to her hearts content and all would be well with the world.

I'd LOVE the alternative to be a BIg Breakfast type show, but I think that was a once in a generation combination of talent and genius and I don't think it could be revived.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV can't do anything other than a GMTV-style thing for the same reason the BBC can only do it's Breakfast-style thing.

Each channel has a certain vibe. If the BBC tried 'GMTV' it would also die a death.

Maybe a clear separation from ITV might help them. In the olden days GMTV / TV-AM was a separate operation.
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back TV-AM !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    quisling wrote: »
    For a start, I'd like the BBC to put on a harder news programme.
    I don't know who made the law about morning news having to be presented on a sofa, but I bet James Naughtie and John Humphrys sit on a hard bench in their studio.

Then ITV could stop pretending to do news and just concentrate on slebs, Take A Break style 'true stories' and what Primark have on the shelves this season.
    Lorraine could be mumsy to her hearts content and all would be well with the world.

I'd LOVE the alternative to be a BIg Breakfast type show, but I think that was a once in a generation combination of talent and genius and I don't think it could be revived.
    When did the Big Breakfast end?
  • Options
    Bamber BoozlerBamber Boozler Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Bring back puppets! Roland Rat saved TV-AM, and Zig and Zag were the reason The Big Breakfast was so successful.